What's new

Ermac Alternates

justin huggins

The Force of all Pushes.
Ermac is my main character but I feel like I need an alternate character. Just cant decide what would be a good counterpart. Can anyone provide some good input.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I tried to combine ermac and sektor however it seems they have almost identical bad match ups outside ermac helping with kabal. Imo you want someone more rushdown and/or mobile. Raiden, kung Lao, cyber sub, Sonya.

justin huggins

The Force of all Pushes.
Yea I have though kano or quan chi but i havent really given effort on csz or sonya. Kung lao I cant do with all those inputs you mesh together. Raiden was my favorite when it came out but I just faded from him in favor of ermac

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Noob Saibot and Ermac are brothers~

Either that, or you should get the opposite of Ermac. Contest bad matchups and whatnot :p

justin huggins

The Force of all Pushes.
Yea Noob is a cool fighter, I'm also enjoying these combos for csz. I appreciate the opinions guys, just trying to make myself better. Ill end up being a jack of all trades and master of none lol. Hopefully not.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
The general consensus is to main two characters who play somewhat differently to cover most matchups. Any rushdown character would go well, like Jax, Sonya, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, etc.

zaf

professor
I guess its my own fault for choosing to play only ermac.
but i wouldn't play this game any other way.
The only match ups that make no sense for ermac and really need to be worked on are ones like stryker, baraka, kenshi, noob.
Pretty much zoners who can keep ermac out give him the most trouble, more so then rush down characters IMO

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I guess its my own fault for choosing to play only ermac.
but i wouldn't play this game any other way.
The only match ups that make no sense for ermac and really need to be worked on are ones like stryker, baraka, kenshi, noob.
Pretty much zoners who can keep ermac out give him the most trouble, more so then rush down characters IMO
Noob is such a pain in the ass to deal with. What are your thoughts on baraka though? I have yet to play one that has really tested me.

justin huggins

The Force of all Pushes.
Baraka just beat my ass like 6 times in a row. The guy was really beastly with him. Seems awesome with someone experienced with him. I too cant really bring myself to stop using ermac. I think we should enroll to ErmacsAnonyomous. However your spell that lol I am a dumbass.

Owerbart

I miss you
Actually what I like about Ermac is that he doesn't have impossible matchups, and has a decent chance against everybody. I main him alone, but in case of Tag I like to use my second, Johnny Cage. Quite the opposite game, you just go there and chip your opponent to death.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
I like Sonya as she is more of a rush-down character and Ermac is more of a zoner. Playing as Scorpion might be good since his game is (somewhat) similar. However, you probaby want someone like Sonya, Cage or Jax, more maybe a pure zoner like Noob or Kenshi so you can cover three ranges of the game; rushdown (Sonya), Zoning (Noob), with your main being Ermac who can handle both zones, but you might want to use Sonya or Noob in the more difficult matchups (Sonya for Baraka and Noob for Freddy)

zaf

professor
i played jamesmk in bracket at winter brawl. when baraka has meter i feel ermac has to make him breaker or use his meter. because i dont see what real pressure you can apply with ex charge. think of cage. as it is you cant jump on baraka cuz of spin , but we do have airblast.

i have tried smoke as of late for bad match ups but even in bad match ups i feel stronger with ermac. not because of my lack if smoke knowledge but because of ermacs comeback factor, overall damage and just his overall playstyle. im just an ermac main till the end

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I find Sektor WAY better against Kabal then Ermac honestly lol but maybe another ninja? Scorpion? Smoke?

justin huggins

The Force of all Pushes.
Well MK when I've played you Ive used kano or quan chi. Not that it matters because you beat my ass everytime lol.

zaf

professor
no i feel smoke compliments ermac.

i have trouble against better zoners then ermac not rushdown and smoke is anti zoning

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk