What's new

Enough is Enough!!!

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I I know. That's why the combo is really cool... Right
And it only does that after teleport I think
yeah but ur combo specifically said release hat after performing tele-4....ur supposed to do it before or just as ur teleporting. lol

yeah but ur combo specifically said release hat after performing tele-4....ur supposed to do it before or just as ur teleporting. lol
Yep it's correct, tele 4 knocks em across the screen so the switch direction hat can catch him. Try it, it's cool there is no percise hat positioning at all

gdf

Noob
ex low hat, tele 4, release hat, f3 spin, 1, 1, 2 4 throw 2. 40%
Back in one of the deleted threads of the Kung Lao forum I posted some of these ideas, nice to see them showing back up.

EDIT: A little while after this video at a Battle and Brew, Pig saw me discover the b+1,f+1 variation of these combos. I have no evidence of this, but McFly had it in one of his more recent videos.

gdf

Noob
tele-4 is really easy to react to most of the time, you'd have to read a projectile for that to work.
IMO, EX hat combos currently aren't made for practicality, just as a possibility.

There are some more Kung Lao mind games that need to be developed so that it can be useful mid-tournament.

Axel_Redd

mostly i just use ex hats for safe teleports, block strings, to continue pressure or combo after hitting mid combo, aa or after throw.

gdf

Noob
It could potentially set up for meter building pressure, eg a sort of limited version of Kabal.

For example, if you put down an EX low hat then do a jump in kick and go into a teleport+3, following with a b+1,f+1. If you opponent has a high hit box and blocks that, you just got chip and your meter back for free. Like I said a limited version of Kabal.

In all honesty it's something that we could incorporate into the Kung Lao meta, if most Kung Lao players didn't follow the pack.

Axel_Redd

i try not to follow the pack, anyways tho i was recently told that late tele-3 does not jail....its still worth doing tho right? o-0