What's new

EMPR Jupiter Wins Injustice at Kumite 2015

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
With Injustice making its way into its final months before the looming release of a heavily-anticipated 10th edition of MK, Kumite 2015 has arrived to start the new year and prove that IGAU gameplay is still going strong. Remembered for last year's excellent tournament, and noted for the attention to detail and good spirits projected by its tournament organizer Vandy, KiT is an event that many players have looked forward to for months -- and the gameplay in pools and Top 16 did not disappoint. With a few old rivalries on the table, runbacks galore, and plenty of Zatanna and Nightwing action, there was a lot to see and there will be a lot of great matches to rewatch.

The layout for today's Top 8 was notable both for its varied cast and the lack of true Batgirl, General Zod and Aquaman mains. And one thing that was immediately noticeable today was the high level of skill on display. HoneyBee looked to be in fine form, showcasing the breadth of his arsenal as he sent Whiteboi to Losers. Jupiter never gave Forever King any room to breathe, displaying expert control of space and a variety of intelligent reads. And match between Cowboy and Whiteboi went down to the wire, with fantastic decisions from both players at a breakneck pace.

At the end of the day though, it was Jupiter who would come out on top, keeping a level head all the way through and displaying excellent reads, and a witherhing command of the neutral with Martians options in combination with trait. Much credit to NorCal's Ducky, who played the tournament of his life, skillfully navigating a sometimes-difficult path, showing an incredible command of fundamentals the whole way through, and absolutely refusing to give up. But in the end, Jupiter was able to keep Raven from getting much started, and he bottled Grand Finals up in 3-0 fashion to earn himself a very notable victory over a difficult field.

If Kumite in Tenessee proved anything, it was that Injustice is alive and well, players are still getting better, and the matches are still as exciting as they've ever been. As the clock ticks down until the release of NRS' next game, it was great to see everyone still forging ahead and pushing the limits of their abilities and knowledge.

Congratulations to @Vandy, and to everyone who participated in this fantastic and memorable event.

MATCH LOG

Winners
RM HoneyBee (Flash) over cR Whiteboi (Doomsday) (3-0)
EMPR Jupiter (MMH) over KIT Forever King (Aquaman, MMH) (3-1)

Losers
cR WoundCowboy (Sinestro) over RM Biohazard (Bane) (3-0)
Blind Ducky (Raven) over Deg (Zatanna) (3-0)

cR WoundCowboy (Sinestro) over cR Whiteboi (Doomsday) (3-2)
Blind Ducky (Raven) over KIT Forever King (Batman, Grundy) (3-0)

Blind Ducky (Raven) over cR WoundCowboy (Sinestro) (3-2)

Winners' Finals
RM HoneyBee (Flash) over EMPR Jupiter (MMH)

Losers' Finals
Blind Ducky (Raven) over RM HoneyBee (Flash) (3-1)

Grand Finals
EMPR Jupiter (MMH) over Blind Ducky (Raven) (3-0)

STREAM ARCHIVE
www.twitch.tv/pandaxgaming/v/3679901?t=5h42m21s

Attachments

Last edited:

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
For the matches leading up to deg vs ducky. I thought this top 8 sucked and king was gonna win with aquaman. But watching ducky vs deg ,ducky vs cowboy ,ducky vs honey bee , and ducky vs king. The footsies from ducky was so good. Oh and that's how you beat zatanna you make her play footsies.

Congrats Jupiter. Though really wanted bee to win

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Amazing tournament @Vandy. I would love to know what @cR WoundCowboy's thought process was against ducky in game 5 when he had full trait, tiny life lead, and about 20 seconds to go i think he could've zoned him out but instead he tried to rush ducky down and paid for it so i wanna know what he was thinking then

Honestly, that was some of the best play from Ducky I think I've ever seen. I have no love of Raven but I couldn't help but cheer for him by the end with how on point he was playing. Jupiter is such a monster though.
Oh well, congrats!

Major shoutouts to @Vandy. Some day, if I ever have the money to travel, I'll absolutely make it a special point to go to KIT.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Ducky was hella on point today. Like, hella on point. Damn.
Ducky has the tournament of his life and knows the match the Martian Manhunter match up very well yet still cannot win a damn game. This community still perceives Martian Manhunter to be a "well-balanced super top tier character".

Imagine if Pig or Relaxed State were in the grand finals spamming nothing but instant aerial Zod balls. This community would lose its mind.

Scrubs and hypocrites.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I absolutely love Jupiter (have met him personally and used to play him online before all of this hoopla) and he is an exceptional player. However...

In my personal opinion, @Blind_Ducky is the true winner of this tourney (you know what I mean), taking out Wound and HoneyBee. His play was just so amazing. Clutch. Offensive. Defensive. Simply perfection...and with a character that no one feels is OP. Congrats kiddo....you made my night!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Just want to say that the level of play in this tournament was an absolute treat to watch.. From Deg, to DarkFire, to Ducky, to Whiteboi, to Cowboy, Jupiter, HoneyBee, @EMPR_MURK etc it was consistently great and there were too many exciting matches to name.

Also congrats to guys like Limbo who are continuing to level up with each passing month.

Everyone should feel proud of themselves, and everyone should also feel great for continuing to support this game and give it the attention it deserves.

Last edited: