What's new

EGP WONDER_CHEF wins MKX at NorthWest Majors!!

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
I can't fuckin believe it. It's not just some filthy local, it's a major you just won. YOU JUST WON A MAJOR.. idgaf if it's the first major for a newly dropped game. Happy for you bro @EGP Wonder_Chef

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I am thrilled to congratulate Wonder Chef, your 2015 MKX Northwest Majors champion!

Starting out with lots of woolay, STB Shujinkydink is sent to losers by EGP Wonder_Chef! Both players used Summoner Quan.

REO defeats KN Slayer with a brutal Cassie Cage!

EGP Krayzie with swarm queen D'Vorah vs Justin Wong's Raiden. The thunder god takes it.

Chris G returns to Reptile and defeats CORN Footwurk's hellfire Scorpion!

Meeting again for the first time since Canada Cup, STB Shujinkydink vs Justin Wong! These two have a long competitive history together and this legendary match of DINK VS WONG will be remembered for years to come as the sorcerer claims victory for the Neatherrealm!

Back in mirror land we have Chris G vs KN Slayer with Kung Jin! Slayer defeats Chris.

Reo plays Special Ops strumpet, Cassie Cage against Wonder Chef's Quan Chi. Quan claims another servant in the Neatherrealm!

STB Shujinkydink vs KN Slayer, Dink's Quan is defeated by Slayer's Kung Jin!

Slayer's Kung Jin returns against Reo with Cassie and takes it in a hype 3-2 set!

And finally, it all comes down to EGP WONDER_CHEF vs KN Slayer! Slayer's Kung Jin fearlessly battles the evil summoner and an army of bats to reset the brackets! But we will all serve in the Neatherrealm as Wonder Chefs takes it!!

Congrats!! These were HYPE matches!

I want to give huge props to Dink and Buster for running this event! They put every player there in front of themselves to make this a great tournament! Thank you to everyone who made it out and tuned in to make this the most awesome NWM ever and a beautiful start to MKX! Long live MK!
Top 8 was extremely hype. I was glad to see both Slayer and WonderChef adapt throughout their GF set and seeing the matchup evolve before my eyes.

As for the event as a whole, while some mistakes were made, this overall was a good event to watch and it's good to see Washington get some much needed love for it's scene.

Maybe that's why I fought nothing but people who knew what they were doing today onlie. damn it I wanted to get my 10 in a row before everyone bought it

Wingman

Noob
I noticed a bunch of players who usually play on a fightstick were playing on pad, like Justin, Chris G, Wonder Chef, etc.

Is that due to the scarcity of PS4 sticks or is MKX more pad friendly?

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
http://www.twitch.tv/teamkhaos/v/4401441
The Top 8 was supposed to be this video but I can't watch don't know if it is blocked or is just me
I'm having the same problem. When I click the video, I just get thumbnails to other videos, which themselves are just filled with thumbnails containing no actual video :(

Nice to know either way that it's subscriber's only too.
Totally not a dick move there.

I noticed a bunch of players who usually play on a fightstick were playing on pad, like Justin, Chris G, Wonder Chef, etc.

I can guarantee that most of the players you listed here have no issue getting a PS4 compatible fight stick if they wanted it.

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
Good stuff Chef again. Glad to have done commentary with you and having you and your crew come up to join us We will be heading your way for SCR.

Via_Negativa

Darkforge

I play on PC and use a Mad cats TE with the modified Mortal Kombat layout they released for mk9
its amazing. Far easier than pad imo especially for combos that require run. I think because of the added complexity and execution this game requires opposed to its predecessors I actually think sticks a better idea this time around. personal preference though obviously.

Cant ps3 sticks work on ps4 anyway?

Congrats chef! It sucks that we can't watch the stream archive unless we subscribe to the channel! Does anyone know if the matches will be uploaded onto youtube soon?

Colares

Noob
I play on PC and use a Mad cats TE with the modified Mortal Kombat layout they released for mk9
its amazing. Far easier than pad imo especially for combos that require run. I think because of the added complexity and execution this game requires opposed to its predecessors I actually think sticks a better idea this time around. personal preference though obviously.

Cant ps3 sticks work on ps4 anyway?
Yes, it works.