What's new

ECT Breaks the Mold: MKX Will Headline ECT2015

Tim Static

Adminerator
East Coast Throwdown is back again in 2015, and for the first time ever at a Major fighting game community event in the NorthEast, Mortal Kombat will be the headline game. With a Pot Bonus of $1500, and taking place in the NE, this MKX tourney is sure to be one of the biggest to date. ECT2015 will take place June 13-14 in Morristown, NJ, at the The Hyatt. More info on this tourney can be found here: http://ecthrowdown.com/

Taken from ECThrowdown.com:

"The series of Mortal Kombat holds a special place in our hearts. It gives us a feeling of nostalgia, a feeling that will stick with us forever.

In 2010 (ECT2), we streamed Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for the first time ever in the history of tournaments – LI Joe vs Shock. In case you weren’t there 5 years ago, the energy of the room when the character select screen came up was electrifying. Surprised to see Mortal Kombat, crowds gathered around the players as they went back and forth for the 1st place title.

In 2014 we relived that moment. The two went against each other again in a first to 5 exhibition match. It was awesome; memories were revisited from when East Coast Throwdown had just begun.

Today we are proud to announce the continuation of East Coast Throwdown’s tradition in breaking the mold and giving exciting games the shine they deserve. To celebrate nostalgia and the new release of one of our favorite series in fighting game history, Mortal Kombat X will officially be held as our major grand finale."

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
First time ever at a major fighting game event as the headline game? Hmm I seem to recall another Major happening before this around June 6th that will feature Mortal Kombat as the main game.

Now what was the name of that tournament again? It's in Virginia and on the tip of my tongue...hmmm

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
lol i posted a thread about this literally 2 seconds before this came up lololol

im really excited that MKX is going to be given the spotlight at my hometown major! its also really cool that ECT usually happens to be one of the first tournaments for NRS games when they are released (i believe ECT3 was the first for mk9 and ECT5 was the first for injustice). this is a great opportunity for us to showcase how the community has developed the game since its release since it gives us about 2 months to get a solid feel for the game and people know how to deal with a lot of the early gimmicks. i hope everyone makes it out to this!

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.

Now we just need to represent the scene well and keep this momentum going.
-Pick knowledgeable commentators
-Make ABSOLUTELY SURE there won't be stream issues
-Be hype, but respectful; let's keep this shit relatively classy (by FGC standards, of course)
-Nerf SonicFox beforehand

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
First time ever at a major fighting game event as the headline game? Hmm I seem to recall another Major happening before this around June 6th that will feature Mortal Kombat as the main game.

Now what was the name of that tournament again? It's in Virginia and on the tip of my tongue...hmmm
To be fair, ECT has been around for 6 years now, I think. TCW is a brand new event. Awesome though, regardless.