What's new

Easiest Infinite

Reptile's infinite that I listed is very easy. LP/HPHPHP, elbow dash is hard to do? "Impossible to do online" is irrelevant. I can and have done it online, on a gamepad.

Getting 150+ hits took me maybe 5 attempts, the only reason I screwed up was because my hands start to get cramped around 100.
It's very hard to do considering no one does it consitently that I (nor you, probably) have ever played. When comparing it to nw's corner inf it's pull-your-hair-out mind blowing hard.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think you are looking at more of the set up as being difficult, but the infinite itself, it's really not that difficult at all. Even 3 hit pop up, forceball, one step in, and then infinite isn't really that hard, once you get the first hit of the combo, anywhere, you are in full control, and on Jax, Sindel or Sub, is easy as hell. There are even ways to mess it up and recover, but I would say netplay removes the chances of that specific concept in most cases, netplay itself is a reason why people don't pick Reptile much but that doesn't change the true mechanics. His inf vs the male ninjas, Kano, Kabal, female ninjas, etc, very difficult.

the word "semi-infinite" is an oxymoron in itself. It's not an infinite.
There are Semi infinites in the game. It's an oxymoron but it makes sense.

It's an infinite that Would be a true infinite, but it gets cut off by a corner. Kung's Full screen is a Semi. So was Stryker's Before the turn around was discovered. Pretty much any infinite that WOULD go on forever if the game didn't have corners is a semi infinite.

There are Semi infinites in the game. It's an oxymoron but it makes sense.

It's an infinite that Would be a true infinite, but it gets cut off by a corner. Kung's Full screen is a Semi. So was Stryker's Before the turn around was discovered. Pretty much any infinite that WOULD go on forever if the game didn't have corners is a semi infinite.
and thats why we are going to start calling them "THE BIGGER COMBOS that do not quite go on forever"

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The reason why semi infinites are called semi infinites is because in the most technical sense, they use a legitimate infinite pattern, that eventually has to stop due to the corner. Some relaunch combos do in fact over 100% before they reach the corner.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Most people say they can only do Ermac's lift or Kung's Spin consistently on pad in one direction. It's weird because I never had trouble with dragon punches on a pad and still don't, I guess there is that slight of a difference in the D F D and D-F-DF

yeah right-down-right is a little bit easier than left-down-left for me personally, on a 360 pad.

That goes for Kano too.

ded

Elder God
i meant universal infinite, not the relaunchers, everyone except sindel has universal juggle infinite, which i have not posted yet.

also all infinites could be called semi because they over when the time or energy ends. if you took it like "you can do them forever if you turn off time and energy" you can say the excact same thing for the relaunchers - you can do them forever if there are no corners lol

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
i meant universal infinite, not the relaunchers, everyone except sindel has universal juggle infinite, which i have not posted yet.

also all infinites could be called semi because they over when the time or energy ends. if you took it like "you can do them forever if you turn off time and energy" you can say the excact same thing for the relaunchers - you can do them forever if there are no corners lol
LOL semantics.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
throw loop?

homiesaywut?
Tim, it's similar to Cyrax, if you get the throw, and with Robot Smoke etc, you can do a throw, and run to their middle before they get up, try to cross them up and it's a 50-50 throw.

Speaking of Cyrax, his infinite is kinda easy, but at the same time it's also easy to fuck up the timing and make it no longer an infinite. It's hard as hell to start up, though. Obviously I'm talking about his HP, HK/JK, Bomb infinite, not the air throw infinite.

I can only do NW 3 hit in the corner, Stryker's inf. is very easy, and I like relaunching with Mileena against roboninjas it's fun, but a shame because I can only do that on them and it isn't a true inf. I also like to perform Kano's grab and shake inf. Most of the time, I mess up on it, but the damage is all that matters.

What do you think about well timed lp,lp,lp...in corner? When opponent's character can't block, and can't do nothing. It's like infinity. And it is pretty simple and easy to learn it. Is that technique allowed in your tourneys ? And what do you think about it ? Is that good or bad ? Can you call it Fair sport game ? Cause it is glitch thing. Sorry if this theme is already discussed.