What's new

General/Other - Shinnok (Old) Shinnok Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If he's not playable he's not playable. I was waiting to make this thread at any hint of Shinnok, he's my favorite MK character outside of Smoke and Scorpion.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I mean I'll main him if Fujin isn't in but I highly doubt Shinnok is playable tbh. He done got sucked into the darn Talismamulet he did indeedy-doo-dah-day.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Actually I really wanted to have Shinnok playable in MK9 so that I could main an Elder God. I even often imagined how awesome it would be if he become a playable character in the next Mortal Kombat game. So if he somehow ends up being a playable character I will definitely be really excited and hyped!

However there are already so many awesome characters that I am hyped for (Mileena,Ferra Torr,D'varoh,Kotal Kahn,Sub-Zero) that adding Shinnok into the mix would just make my decision for a main even tougher that it already is,Ha!

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I don't see how anyone can doubt Shinnok's inclusion.

He has a sick-ass new design, and the end of MK9 already made his return obvious enough.

Remember when Injustice was coming out? Lord Boon said, "hey guys don't get too excited because you don't know who'll be playable or not!", and then damn near everyone - if not everyone - turned out to be playable. With the exception of Sindel, I wouldn't be surprised if most/all of the characters we saw are in.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
If we're making a thread for Shinnok someone might as well make one for Rain seeing as how they're both in the game with updated looks and actual story relevance.

We don't know if either are playable yet though.

I'm almost certain Shinnok will be an unplayable boss, if he's even that, he might just be in the intro and that's it.

I feel like shinnok is someone i'm looking forward to simply because in many ways I feel he'd be a new character. He's barely ever been fleshed out in both of his appearances so there's a lot of potential for a cool character with unique mechanics, especially with 3 styles to play with.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
If we're making a thread for Shinnok someone might as well make one for Rain seeing as how they're both in the game with updated looks and actual story relevance.

We don't know if either are playable yet though.

I'm almost certain Shinnok will be an unplayable boss, if he's even that, he might just be in the intro and that's it.
Goro would make more sense IMO as for being unplayable so I'm pretty convinced Shinnok will be playable. I hope.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
One of my most anticipated characters but as it draws closer I have a bad feeling. Seems like he'll be a mid story unplayable Boss that gets locked away for the rest of the game.

On the flip side, I can easily see him as a DLC character because of this so in the end it'll all work out. :D

fuck if he is not playable i don't know what i'm gonna do. awesome design and a lot of potential with his bone moves, weapon and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.