What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah variations discussion

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
From the gameplay trailers I can see that D'Vorah's 3 variations are:

'Swarm Queen - adds vortex swarm and wasp grenade.'
  • A group of insects hover around her. The wasp grenade move can be meter burned for a big jump-in combo.
'Venomous - adds bug burst and ovipositor based attacks poison on the opponent.'
  • Maybe some of her normals either do more damage or do a small of amount of continuous damage for a few seconds. Could be to do with the long spider-like legs.
'Brood Mother - adds krawler and bug blast.'
  • The krawler seems to act as a low projectile of some sort, allowing D'Vorah to throw it and then move freely, it doesn't launch on hit and it is unclear if you can combo after it hits or not, but this has good mix-up potential. D'vorah doesn't wear a hood in this variation.

Last edited:

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I think Mortal Kombat plays too quickly for tracking projectile to be of any use unless it's like Sektor or Doom missiles

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I very interested in this character, she seems to fit a lot of what I like in a character. She definitely does have some kind of hybrid between Sinestro/CW vibe to her!

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I think Mortal Kombat plays too quickly for tracking projectile to be of any use unless it's like Sektor or Doom missiles
How is a tracking launcher going to be useless? It depends how fast the move is and what the hitbox is like on just how useful it is.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
In her Brood Mother variation she doesn't wear her hood.

in Venomous, green venom oozes out of her carapace along her body.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I believe one of her variations has something to do with those attacks/specials where 2 or more long protruding insect-like legs come out of her abdominal area.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Anyone have any idea of what unique moves the 'Swarm Queen' variation adds?
If you watch almost any D'Vorah gameplay, you'll see a combo that stars with a 3 hit launcher that hits them quite high and then she cancels into a move where she puts her arms straight down at an outward angle. It's a tracking move that launches them, much like From the Deep. Doesn't have to be MBed/EXed for a combo. That's vortex swarm. I'm going to guess that the grenade thing is when she pulls out a caterpillar-like thing and tosses it like Joker's gas canisters.
Edit:
This gameplay actually shows her using what I thought was the Vortex Swarm. I guess it's one of her universal moves though.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
her seems to be damn good , at least theorically , so far, for what we can see from her gameplay .... she is welcome to MK franchise.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
If you watch almost any D'Vorah gameplay, you'll see a combo that stars with a 3 hit launcher that hits them quite high and then she cancels into a move where she puts her arms straight down at an outward angle. It's a tracking move that launches them, much like From the Deep. Doesn't have to be MBed/EXed for a combo. That's vortex swarm. I'm going to guess that the grenade thing is when she pulls out a caterpillar-like thing and tosses it like Joker's gas canisters.
Edit:
This gameplay actually shows her using what I thought was the Vortex Swarm. I guess it's one of her universal moves though.
If I saw that right, the krawler set off Sub's ice clone. If that's the case, I wonder if it can set off other traps to help clear the screen up?

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
I hope she isn't OP like Aquaman.
Well, I hope that no character is OP, but it's going to happen. I know it's super early, but I don't see D'Vorah being top tier. mid to maybe upper mid.

@xXstealthflameXx

You sure her special move tracks? Every time I've seen it, she was right next to them. I hope we don't have another stupid "from the deep" special :\

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
You sure her special move tracks? Every time I've seen it, she was right next to them. I hope we don't have another stupid "from the deep" special :\
I've definitely seen footage of it hitting them from mid screen. There's a chance that it has a near, far, and mid of it, but it probably just tracks.

Looks an awful lot like a model viewer..

But that krawler reminds me of NW's ground spark in a way.
ist waaay slower, as seen in the E3 Videos. tbh it didnt look like a good tool because it has huge startup and a very tiny hitbox. but things can change.

Can you tell us what it said because I can't view it
Brood Mother

This variation gives D'Vorah the ability to launch a crawling minion that locks down her opponent. D'Vorah can then maneuver into close range and attack at relative ease.

Last edited: