What's new

Dual Shock 4 NOW UNBANNED for EVO 2016

Attachments

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
See, I've been concerned since the beginning about a wireless controller being the standard for MKX. I play on stick but I don't know anyone else who does. This is gonna get interesting. What options are there other than the new SFV pad? Hori Fighting Edge?

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
That VAGAVO pad looks awfully sketchy. Durability problems mainly. The MKX pad was made by PDP and should be taken with a grain of salt. Probably best for MK players to get used to a new pad in the Hori or Madcatz line. Or stick, either way.

Brook converter with Xbox one pad?
No converters.

EDIT: Sorry, only Chronus Max and Titan Ones are banned

Last edited:

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I used to play with stick, but converted to a PS4 controller because I found the run mechanic easier to use on it (I am a Cassie player so running is kind of important). This sucks for a lot of people. Is the MKX Pad any good?

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
just take the battery pack out of your controller. it will function like a wireless controller and its not hard to do. I did it for frosty and had no problems with my controller.
"Removing the battery or otherwise disabling these controllers is NOT OK. You may not use these controllers under any circumstances."

Goatness

Noob
I was about to get a TE2 Madcatz stick for SFV and I was going to mess around with it on MKX a whole lot. I've read time and time again that most people prefer pad for MKX. Anyone here with experience on both that can detail their preferences between the two for MKX?

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
That VAGAVO pad looks awfully sketchy. Durability problems mainly. The MKX pad was made by PDP and should be taken with a grain of salt. Probably best for MK players to get used to a new pad in the Hori or Madcatz line. Or stick, either way.

No converters.

EDIT: Sorry, only Chronus Max and Titan Ones are banned
Actually there are only 2 converters banned. The Brook converter is not one of them which makes it legal.

NVM, missed your EDIT....

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
"Removing the battery or otherwise disabling these controllers is NOT OK. You may not use these controllers under any circumstances."
Pretty sure this is still illegal.
yeah I just read over the rules and that kind of sucks. its understandable since there will probably be another 1,000 entrance and I cant imagine it being easy to make sure everyone's pad is wired. oh well it gives me a reason to invest in a new pad or a hitbox.

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
I was about to get a TE2 Madcatz stick for SFV and I was going to mess around with it on MKX a whole lot. I've read time and time again that most people prefer pad for MKX. Anyone here with experience on both that can detail their preferences between the two for MKX?
I personally play stick on MKX but not because I feel like it's "better" just because I play all my fighting games on stick (VF, SF, KI, etc)

I do not feel that there is a disadvantage to it. Not after you get used to it. Mainly preference. I use the old MK arcade layout
1 B 2
3 T 4

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
Why would the ps4 pad even be a problem?
DS4s stay synced to the system they were used on even once turned off so if tge PS button on someone's pad gets hit that was previously playing on that console it forces a pause and a sign in prompt. It has happened numerous times in tournament in both mkx and usf4.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Whoa, I am sooooo lost. What is the problem with wired, wireless, pads, and the such?
It's because of syncing issues and disruptions. Wireless controllers just have too many problems that can cost somebody their tourney life. Problems like this also mean it takes the tourney longer to run. At least the news is out nice and early so peope can buy what they need to buy and get used to anything new.