What's new

Match-up Discussion DS Matchup Chart after a year into IGAU

Alright I picked him up as main now, but I have also been using him since day 1 and watching other DS players duke it out in tournaments and what not, this is my chart and i'd like TYM to give me their opinion/ insight.
Aquaman: 4-6
Ares: 6-4
Bane: 5-5
Batgirl: 4-6
Batman: 5-5
Black Adam: 5-5
Catwoman: 6-4
Cyborg: 5-5
Doomsday: 5-5
Flash: 4-6
Green Arrow: 6-4
Green Lantern: 5-5
Harley Quinn: 5-5
Hawkgirl: 6-4
Joker: 6-4
Killer Frost: 5-5
Lex Luthor: 6-4
Lobo: 5-5
Martian Manhunter: 4-6
Nightwing: 5-5
Raven: 6-4
Scorpion: 5-5
Shazam: 6-4
Sinestro: 5-5
Grundy: 5-5
Superman: 5-5
Wonder Woman: 5-5
Zatanna: 5-5
Zod: 5-5

Advantageous MUs: 8
Even MUs: 16
Disadvantageous MUs: 5
Give me yall opinions and let me know how yall feel. Some matchups I dnt have as much xp in, so enlighten me.
@Crathen
@GGA Slips
@KingHippo
@Vagrant
@Mattix
@Argenrost
tag any other DS I missed lol, I forget tags a lot.

Last edited:
Raven loses to DS cause fuck you, I said so & legitimate reasons.

<3
lol :p, any reason why? I do know that he can low gun shot under her purple projectile thing and he wins the up close game. I'm thinking that she can punish guns with push and utilize her trait to keep DS away/ gain meter/ and etc.

Slade is my 3rd and I agree with everything except the DD mu. I think it's 5-5.
that matchup has me on edge man, can't tell if it is 5-5 or not. DS does do quite fine versus him overall, it is just DD's d1 is an issue because it blows up DS's footsies tools. Also when he gets in, mannnnn. But i'm not against it being 5-5 as DS has the tools to keep him away or even apply an offensive assault to DD.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
If I were M2dave this would be my MU chart.

Aquaman: 3-7
Ares: 4-6
Bane: 4-6
Batgirl: 2-8
Batman: 4-6
Black Adam: 4-6
Catwoman: 5-5
Doomsday: 4-6
Green Arrow: 5-5
Green Lantern: 4-6
Harley Quinn: 6-4
Martian Manhunter: 0-11
Raven: 5-5
Scorpion: 3-7
Shazam: 5-5
Sinestro: 4-6
Superman: 4-6
Wonder Woman: 4-6
Zatanna: 4-6
Zod: 3-7

If I were M2dave this would be my MU chart.

Aquaman: 3-7
Ares: 4-6
Bane: 4-6
Batgirl: 2-8
Batman: 4-6
Black Adam: 4-6
Catwoman: 5-5
Doomsday: 4-6
Green Arrow: 5-5
Green Lantern: 4-6
Harley Quinn: 6-4
Martian Manhunter: 0-11
Raven: 5-5
Scorpion: 3-7
Shazam: 5-5
Sinestro: 4-6
Superman: 4-6
Wonder Woman: 4-6
Zatanna: 4-6
Zod: 3-7
Lmao :p, true story

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
lol :p, any reason why? I do know that he can low gun shot under her purple projectile thing and he wins the up close game. I'm thinking that she can punish guns with push and utilize her trait to keep DS away/ gain meter/ and etc.
Basically their zoning cancels eachother out, footsies are about equal, maybe slightly better for ds but on knockdown ds gets mix ups and Raven gets nothing on knockdown. It's only barely in his favor and still very winnable for her but the reward for the feetsies with ds is much higher than it is for Raven.

Basically their zoning cancels eachother out, footsies are about equal, maybe slightly better for ds but on knockdown ds gets mix ups and Raven gets nothing on knockdown. It's only barely in his favor and still very winnable for her but the reward for the feetsies with ds is much higher than it is for Raven.
Ah that makes sense, thanks for da input :)

Yoaks

A spaceman
that matchup has me on edge man, can't tell if it is 5-5 or not. DS does do quite fine versus him overall, it is just DD's d1 is an issue because it blows up DS's footsies tools. Also when he gets in, mannnnn. But i'm not against it being 5-5 as DS has the tools to keep him away or even apply an offensive assault to DD.
For me the mu comes down too who guess's right/blocks right on knockdown. Doomsday's wakeups are buns while Ds are arguably the best! Your right about Doomsday with his d1 and even his mb charge. You can't just throw out Gun shots on Doomsday mid-screen cause on block or whiff he punishes with mb charge.

Last edited:

Crathen

Death is my business
I like it , most of it seems good.

There are some matchups like DD , Batgirl , Zod , MMH that aren't fleshed out and not played at the best level right now so i'm on the fence about those , DD is most likely even , we had some discussions on Batgirl in the past it's either 4-6 or 5-5 , Zod i feel like it's an even matchup ( no one knows about Zods holes in his "pressure" and how to punish them ) but stage selection can make it 4-6 Zods favour and most stages are good for him im not sure about this , MMH is similar to Zod , could be an even matchup but MMH really can abuse interactables to make his damage hella good , stage is a big deal vs him.

As for Aqua i really feel it's a 5-5 , Aquaman footsie tools are slightly better but he can't chip DS out when he has a lifelead , DS has better mixups to open him up and he can go ham off knockdowns.

Seems i was right about the Raven MU afterall ;)

Espio

Kokomo
I actually think that got better for Hawkgirl over time so I can agree. I'm interested in playing it offline and online with you, but I dunno if you'll be at UFGT or not, but either way PSN would be cool too :).