What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I wonder if "sequels" will even be a thing for fighters in the next console generation.

Why release an already hard to justify $40-$60 boxed update when everything is digitally distributed anyway? Take a look at the season of character additions, how they plan to do another run at it. Look at how even on day 1 Scorpion is mixing up the meta-game and inspiring salt. If the idea of a title update is to spice up the game and re-engage the community, why not just make periodic updates and character packs the entire strategy? Instead of waiting a year or two between hyper turbo editions, just have season 1, 2, 3, ect or character expansions, maybe even the occasional stage.

The next Injustice will probably have to be an entirely new game if they plan on releasing to the Xbox One and PS4, but after that, who knows? Although to be fair, Injustice is in a frankly wise position of trying to appeal to a more casual audience as well as competitive players. Just updating characters and balance issues might work for hardcore fans, but they'd probably want a new single player story to draw in the more casual crowd.

I wonder if "sequels" will even be a thing for fighters in the next console generation.

Why release an already hard to justify $40-$60 boxed update when everything is digitally distributed anyway? Take a look at the season of character additions, how they plan to do another run at it. Look at how even on day 1 Scorpion is mixing up the meta-game and inspiring salt. If the idea of a title update is to spice up the game and re-engage the community, why not just make periodic updates and character packs the entire strategy? Instead of waiting a year or two between hyper turbo editions, just have season 1, 2, 3, ect or character expansions, maybe even the occasional stage.

The next Injustice will probably have to be an entirely new game if they plan on releasing to the Xbox One and PS4, but after that, who knows? Although to be fair, Injustice is in a frankly wise position of trying to appeal to a more casual audience as well as competitive players. Just updating characters and balance issues might work for hardcore fans, but they'd probably want a new single player story to draw in the more casual crowd.
new engine, new graphics, new gameplay elements.

Iron Angel

“I WILL PROTECT THE INNOCENT.”
Well with next-gen games finally arriving, I think it's appropriate to speculate on future games or sequels to current games. Let's focus on an Injustice 2 and speculate on things that we'd like to see. I'll be talking characters, arenas, skins, etc. Feel free to delve into this convo and get your creative gears turning. Who do you want to see included, what features do you want to be added?

I'll start:

CHARACTERS
HEROES: Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Hawkman, Shazam, Green Arrow, Katana, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Black Canary

VILLAINS: Lex Luthor, Joker, Circe, Sinestro, Captain Cold, Black Manta, Brainiac, Deathstroke, Darkseid, Black Adam, Count Vertigo, Harley Quinn, Gorilla Grodd, Trigon, Poison Ivy

DLC HEROES: Etrigan, Dr. Fate, Blue Beetle, Supergirl

DLC VILLAINS: Red Hood, Atrocitus, Doomsday, King Shark

STAGES:
I believe each character should have a unique stage designed for themselves.

I won't list them all because I'm not super-familiar with each and every character listed above. But I'd like to see the basics returns (Fortress of Solitude, Batcave, Gotham, Metropolis, etc.) but I'd also like to see levels like Oa, Queen Industries, Central City Police Department, Mars, etc. And every level should have transitions.

What are some levels you'd like to see?

Now there are a lot of skins I'd like to see and I think each character (DLC included) should have at least 3 costumes to choose from. But I won't go into all of them, I'll just talk about my favorite character whom I was humble enough to make simply a DLC: Red Hood.

For Red Hood I'd like to see the following cosutmes:

1. Default
2. Alternate
(these would obviously be designs by Netherealm and original)
3. Batman (his version of it seen in Battle for the Cowl)
4. Jason Todd (a hoodless Jason with the domino mask would be pretty cool)
5. New 52
6. Lost Days (something about the hoodie/jeans combo just seemed cool to me)
7. Hush (the long trench coat that he wore in the Hush comic, that'd be awesome)
8. Revenge of the Red Hood (helmet is like Joker's Red Hood helmet kind of)

Sooooo. What do you guys want to see in an Injustice 2 game?

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
captain cold very plsss............
I get piss off everytime I see killer frost.....what was NRS thinking...nobody gives a damn about killer frost.
Mirror master would be a great addition, would love to see what NRS does with his character design.
I would ask for keep away to be less brain dead, they tried to fix that with zod and mhh.
I rather not see darkseid, he would end up being OP as FUCK.
No hawkman plss, that's just gay. There is nothing manly about a man with wings..lmao
They need to keep hawkgirl, she is so damn sexy.
as far as skins they could create skins based of comic book series and skins like KI with multiple color variations for characters that don't have much comic book representation.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Seeing as stages are kind of a big deal, more of them. Get rid of having night and day versions of a level, that's just weak.
Some more characters, can't imagine them removing anyone though. More alts to unlock ON THE DISC. Also equal amount of alts. would be good. Batman doesn't need 9 outfits and Sinestro needs more than 2.
Story Mode wise, longer, chapter for each character like MK9. Also involve loooads of different universes, that way they can incorporate ideas for alts. into the story itself.
Less app exclusive stuff, it was fun but only because it was broken and I didn't have to pay to play it thanks to the time change glitch and the triple card trick. At the very least, make it on all phone systems at the start, not just one.
The ladders were interesting, maybe more of those, or at least new versions. STAR Labs was pretty horrible, either fill it with more rewards for everyone or make it less ridiculous.

Iron Angel

Seeing as stages are kind of a big deal, more of them. Get rid of having night and day versions of a level, that's just weak.
I agree a hundred percent on the whole night/day differences or the Arkham/Joker Asylum, it's just being lazy.
Some more characters, can't imagine them removing anyone though. More alts to unlock ON THE DISC. Also equal amount of alts. would be good. Batman doesn't need 9 outfits and Sinestro needs more than 2.
Yeah, I don't mind if Batman has a lot of costumes, he's wore a lot in the comics, but I think everyone should have additional skins as well. Why not give Sinestro a classic, white lantern, green lantern, etc. skin?
Story Mode wise, longer, chapter for each character like MK9. Also involve loooads of different universes, that way they can incorporate ideas for alts. into the story itself.
I think each character should follow a different path, more Soul Calibur-esque.
Less app exclusive stuff, it was fun but only because it was broken and I didn't have to pay to play it thanks to the time change glitch and the triple card trick. At the very least, make it on all phone systems at the start, not just one.
The ladders were interesting, maybe more of those, or at least new versions. STAR Labs was pretty horrible, either fill it with more rewards for everyone or make it less ridiculous.
This, this, and this...

What about a character customization?

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Do away with the current engine completely. KOF with Super Jumps. This is NRS' opportunity to go nuts.

Superhero games shouldn't play so fucking rigid.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
* Fair costumes for everyone, every character should have the same number of outfits.
* Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Poison Ivy, Circe, The Huntress, Starfire & Wonder Woman.
* NO ANOTHER GUEST CHARACTER please.
* Boobs.
* Big muscles.
* A shirtless muscular character.
* No F2,3

Iron Angel

No Nightwing?
That would be one less customer for NRS.
I was just trying to mix it up. DC has such a variety of characters that I don't think Netherealm should just get comfortable keeping the same characters, I personally love Nightwing...

Iron Angel

how would they do characters like gorilla grodd, braniac, trigon. arent they like giants or something?
Gorilla Grodd is seen in the back of the one level and I don't think he's too large, brainiac is typical man size when it's just him without his wiring and such, and Trigon I think is able to alternate his height.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Red Hood...i could say alot more but please fucking Boon if there is a sequel and this doesnt happen i will lose it. we should have gotten him over shitty zatanna and gotten zatanna over shitty batgirl and gotten batgirl over shitty scorpion or super/powergirl or huntress and get rid of frost

Status
Not open for further replies.