What's new

Do You Have Tendencies That Carry Over from Your Mains to Your Alts?

Vagrant

Noob
It's funny you should say that and please don't take this as anything other than a constructive observation, but I always thought you used too many MB F3's WITH Deathstroke in a way that just seems like a Sonya ex cartweel (as in just walk forward and do it because why not). It could be a habit you acquired from playing Sonya in MK or just a coincidence.

Lol. Much different application in igau.

I did overuse them at times in the sense that I would cover up poor spacing with armor.

However they were much more useful than ex wheel in the sense that on block I still had a ton of mixups to follow up with. They also won a lot of trades and aa'd well.

In retrospect I did armor quite a few that didn't need it and would waste meter. slips always did a great job of not doing this. But iI stand by my opinion that they are great and largely underused by the DS community.

coolwhip

Noob
Lol. Much different application in igau.

I did overuse them at times in the sense that I would cover up poor spacing with armor.

However they were much more useful than ex wheel in the sense that on block I still had a ton of mixups to follow up with. They also won a lot of trades and aa'd well.

In retrospect I did armor quite a few that didn't need it and would waste meter. slips always did a great job of not doing this. But iI stand by my opinion that they are great and largely underused by the DS community.
You basically concurred with what I'm saying. I said it's habit I noticed you have (and it may be good or bad, that's not the point). I didn't say Deathstroke's MB F3 has the same properties as Sonya's ex Cartweel. Though I would add that Sonya's Ex cartweel also anti aired sometimes, was great for anti cross ups, won trades, and unlike Deathstroke's F3, is unreactable (I think it's a better move in MK than DS MB F3 is in Injustice, since we're comparing, but that was never the point).

For Injustice purposes, I think Deathstroke's F3 is obviously a tremendous move and one of the best F3's in the game. I'm not sure that they're underused because most good Deathstrokes use them. My issue sometimes with your gameplay (again this is strictly based on what I've seen of you months ago. I'm not saying this is or isn't your current level) is that you overused it a tad, which you seem to agree with. Keep in mind, if you're overusing something, it's probably because it's really good, so that was never the point of debate.

Vagrant

Noob
But not because of sonya. Which was the point of the thread.

F3 was Ds's best footsie tool while d4 was sonyas. You played your spacing against DS based on his best footsie tool (f3).

Because of the recovery on dashes and the overall movement of the game my reasoning for using f3 was much different than my reasoning for using EX CW in mk9 which used dash blocking.

So it wasn't a habbit that carried over from a previous main.

E

Eldriken

Nope. When I use Batgirl, I don't try and do anything Doomsday related on accident at all.

Surprising, huh?

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
When I'm playing BG a lot and then I go to GA, I try to wake up cartwheel....and it generally works out ok.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I try to air dash when using characters I don't use like Sinestro but not with any of my main characters..

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Also vice versa. if i do play ares for a significant amount of time then play cyborg. i try to wake up tele and get target aquired instead :oops:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I've been off tekken for almost 2months. I finally try to play and the first thing i do in a rank match is ji2

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I always try to teleport while playing Grundy and I often attempt to back to block when I'm back to Raiden.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
One time I remember playing as Aquaman for shits and giggles against Raven my main and I sneezed. After I opened my eyes and what not I thought to myself, "Wow another fucking Aquaman. GG."We were at 2/3 to 3/4 screen. I attempted to soul crush and got from the deep instead, and they got hit. Then I thought to myself, "Bullshit I blocked that!" I then attempted wake up soul crush with MB to get another soul crush in there. And I inputed the ftd MB ~ ftd combo. The opponent then disconnected because it was laggy and they hadn't been playing the last 5-10 seconds. I then procedded to lose my shit.