What's new

Do You Have Tendencies That Carry Over from Your Mains to Your Alts?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I always tend to play a more hit-and-run style no matter what character I use in anything. Some characters (Harley, Kitana, Mileena) let me get away with it, but some characters (Catwoman, Helena) yeah.... not so much.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
When I play Sindel, I sometimes accidentally use scream (DB2) because my muscle memory is trying to throw an Ermac fireball.

Vagrant

Noob
Nice thread.

I try not to anymore but I used to.

One of the worst going from DS to alts was excessive reliance on less effective mbf3s when the alt had better footsie tools.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Because I USE F2 AS A FOOTSIE TOOL! lol jk. Her neutral game sucks. I'm only good at doing combos.
You know what's funny, Batgirls f23 also has 8 frames of startup and is -2 on block LOL

And I fixed your answer for you :DOGE

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
You know what's funny, Batgirls f23 also has 8 frames of startup and is -2 on block LOL
Lol, sometimes I just walk up to the corner and let it rip. You can get 3 reps of raw F23 before Flying Bat. No real risk. If I accidentally do it midscreen, then I've just knocked them across the stage.
And I fixed your answer for you :DOGE
We can't say that out loud or we'll be downplayers dawg!

As someone who plays Raven the most, I have a tendency to default to moving backwards when unsure what to do.

This leads to problems if I'm using someone like, say, Catwoman.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I try to zone with Catwoman
And
Wake up catdash(to avoid cross ups) with Harley and get cupcakes. Lucky cupcakes autocorrect
And I'm like wutdaheck

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I tend to run away a lot and zone which looks really ridiculous when I'm using Cage or Flash. Yes, I'm one of those people.

coolwhip

Noob
Nice thread.

I try not to anymore but I used to.

One of the worst going from DS to alts was excessive reliance on less effective mbf3s when the alt had better footsie tools.
It's funny you should say that and please don't take this as anything other than a constructive observation, but I always thought you used too many MB F3's WITH Deathstroke in a way that just seems like a Sonya ex cartweel (as in just walk forward and do it because why not). It could be a habit you acquired from playing Sonya in MK or just a coincidence.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Lol, sometimes I just walk up to the corner and let it rip. You can get 3 reps of raw F23 before Flying Bat. No real risk. If I accidentally do it midscreen, then I've just knocked them across the stage.

We can't say that out loud or we'll be downplayers dawg!
Yeah, shame it doesn't have the range of Supermans f23 though :( #buffBarbara2015 #sheneedsit #BatgirlforMKX

Dude, anything I ever say is apparently downplaying so it doesn't even matter any more hahaha