What's new

Did we ever find all the secret moves in MK9?

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
At the release of MK9, Boon said there were Secret moves in the game and each character had their own. From what i think we've found so far some are more obvious than others. Ill list the ones (i think) i know of. please correct me if I'm wrong and add your characters if you know it so we can complete the list :)

Quan Chi - You can Control his teleport

Sonya - The punches after military stance tackle

Jax - The fifth throw in the grab

Kung Lao - Can control his hat

Rain - Cancel Roundhouse

Johnny Cage - Nutpunch can be performed by pressing d1+2

Last edited:

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Nutpunch can be performed by doing d1+2. Theres quirks about it too, mainly it cant be done in combos, as a wakeup or as an EX move.

Tavaski

Get tough, or die
Rain can cancel his roundhouse into any of his special moves without dashing out; unlike other characters from the cast, WHILE HOLDING Rain's roundhouse special you can also dial in another special move like his water bubble, waterport, Geyser Kick, aqua splash and lightning. You can also cancel into his H20 buff but it's the more difficult one of his 7 special attacks to dial in while holding RH.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I wish this thread didn't die so soon, would've been interesting to find some new secrets so long after the games release!

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Sindel has a delayed punch, her 212 can be held for a fake out , or a slower punish.

not to sure if people knew nightwolfs EX lighting can be done in a combo cause it was so slow, but it's possible

Kitanas fans being cancelable

Alot of stuff i guess we missed lol

RYX

BIG PUSHER
if you pick sheeva in screen select

you can press circle/B to deselect her and pick a better character

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Mileena's sai stabs after landing a b2 then a pounce.

Jade's double glow kick by inputting the command twice.

Sindel's double air fireball by shooting one while floating, then canceling an air dash into another one.