What's new

Defending MK EVO Champ DJT gives his thoughts on Perfect Legend

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
From an announcement made in 2011 that changed our tournament scene forever, up until this beginning of this year when that same announcement didn't come; the community took things in to its own hands. It started from @G4S Claude VonStroke and @AK Pig Of The Hut and it will be going down this afternoon on Pig's stream (www.twitch.tv/streamofthehut), Mortal Kombat 9 is going to be at EVO again, unofficially.

Perfect Legend took the first two years of Mortal Kombat at EVO. The third year, @Denzell Terry took the title (@R.E.O. eliminated Perfect Legend, DJT elininated REO to win). Running off of this, Mortal Kombat Online reached out to defending Champ, DJT on his thoughts of Perfect Legend this year:

evomoment1.jpg

I think it will be tight to play [PerfectLegend] again. He beat me Evo 2011, I beat him Evo 2013. It will be interesting. I feel confident that I will win. We run into each other like any top player would think. I think me and Perfect Legend would make a good Grand Final for MK.

A lot of our community doesn't play MK seriously anymore, but I will try and play my best. I still got to defend my title! I definitely want... [continue reading!]"
Mortal Kombat 9 Tournament Details:
When & Where: Tonight (7/12/14) starting at 5PM PST via www.twitch.tv/streamofthehut

Prizes:

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
To anyone curious about what PL said to MKO during his interview about today's upcoming tournament;

"I would like to win it. It would be me reclaiming my throne. Denzel won last year and I feel like this is a chance for redemption. Not sure if he is going to enter or not, but I don't see a reason why he wouldn't. Despite not putting a lot of practice into it, I will definitely be taking it seriously. It won't be easy, cause I know there are people who have never stopped playing (such as PBoard, Whatshername and WestCoastJeff.) Honestly MK9 should've still been in the EVO line up. I'm sure it would have got the same numbers as last year. I'm hoping for a good turnout. I'm bringing my patented Kung Lao with me.

I would love to win because then it would be my 3rd MK9 World Title. All of the best players will be there from around the country, and since the USA has shown multiple times it was the best region in the world [at MK] I think it still holds the same prestige. The only sad part is there isn't a trophy for it, or main stream attention. Mortal Kombat 9 not being a premier tournament game anymore breaks my heart."

coolwhip

Noob
Subject to bracketology IMO. Some handle Mileena better than others, and I can't see it boding well against a fundamental juggernaut like DJT or Dizzy.
Fox plays Sonya more often than he used to these days. I'd be surprised if he'd pick Mileena on the guys you mentioned.