What's new

decay's sketchbook

9_Lives

Noob
I'm seriously ready to do mkx shirts if anyone wants to partner up with me
I have small amount of skill at the art. But if you need to help paying for the supplies such as the shirts themselves or the ink upon which to print them, I would be willing to chip in via paypal for you to get this operation off of the ground. I would love to show your talent off to my friends to prepare them for the hype that is MK.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
To be honest, I'm not really sure what I'd be able to bring to the table that you don't already have if we collaborated. Your fineart skills are definitely stronger than mine are. If anything, i'd like you as competition to motivate me :)
You have the brand name that people already know. So that helps actually.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
To be honest, I'm not really sure what I'd be able to bring to the table that you don't already have if we collaborated. Your fineart skills are definitely stronger than mine are. If anything, i'd like you as competition to motivate me :)
kind of off topic:

That's awesome.

When I saw it I visualized the hilarious scenario of Batman confronting Bane trying to break into a bank or something, then saying "not so fast" and hitting him with a cross-up so ambiguous yet deep that his sodium levels rise to a near lethal level and he passes out into a coma.

Decay

King of the Bill
kind of off topic:

That's awesome.

When I saw it I visualized the hilarious scenario of Batman confronting Bane trying to break into a bank or something, then saying "not so fast" and hitting him with a cross-up so ambiguous yet deep that his sodium levels rise to a near lethal level and he passes out into a coma.
Is that from the Batman / spawn comic cover? I own that one I love it @Eric Z19
@Decay II Can you draw me like one of your french girls?
French girls don't shave their pits

You have the brand name that people already know. So that helps actually.
Ehh...I don't really think it would bring that much to be honest. I think the quality of the work he can produce will do a lot more than any association with me. Besides, it'll just give the people more options in the end. Wouldn't mind doing my part to promote him though. Stuff like this is great to expand the community.

kind of off topic:

That's awesome.

Lol, definitely one of my favorites. Its funny, usually when I start a design I have a totally different idea in mind then what it eventually winds up as. When I started Batman I was planning on doing a "Super Jumpman" with him in the style of mario or something.....then I randomely had this idea and it wound up being a ton better IMO.

Is that from the Batman / spawn comic cover? I own that one I love it @Eric Z19
Its a parody of the Dark Knight Returns cover actually. One of the more iconic covers in Batman history:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
That's great information. I particularly liked art school because of contacts I made and also the emphasis on figure drawing. I also first picked up a wacom tablet in school, but I agree, it isn't for everyone. Thanks for the support, I don't do much comic work but I would love to do concepts.

Yeah but the gym is for meat head jocks who hate people like us

I'm seriously ready to do mkx shirts if anyone wants to partner up with me
Yeah dude, totally. School in this case I believe definitely can't hurt, I went straight to work after high school but have been considering going back to school(art school) since you're never too old to go back. I mean hell, I've seen people in their 40's and 50's get degrees online or on site. I'm in younger than that lol but older then 28 ;) lol so I'm not exactly a kid but still young. heh.

I'm very curious what you could do in your own view of Scorpion or Ermac honestly. Probably would have an interesting style.

@Wemfs dude that's awesome man. Great job!

Decay

King of the Bill
Guys, please check out this video. I did some early concept art for this team before I even knew how awesome the game would end up looking. They found my work on instagram and asked me to be part of their freelance art team. I can't show anything I sent to them yet but check out this kickstarter video and perhaps you might want to help fund it if you are into old school classic RPGs with great narrative. I just saw this video today and it's amazing how good it looks from when I was first sent early images of it.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Guys, please check out this video. I did some early concept art for this team before I even knew how awesome the game would end up looking. They found my work on instagram and asked me to be part of their freelance art team. I can't show anything I sent to them yet but check out this kickstarter video and perhaps you might want to help fund it if you are into old school classic RPGs with great narrative. I just saw this video today and it's amazing how good it looks from when I was first sent early images of it.

This is the only thing i will put in this thread. Awesome.

Decay

King of the Bill
http://postimage.org/][/url]

Sculpture studies from the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC. I usually try to go at least once every couple months to draw all day there, but I haven't been able to go in more than 6 months. Anyway, here's some studies for various sculptures which took about 6 hours all together. I love the experience because of all the foot traffic that stops to watch you draw and most of them are tourists, and I figure it's like a free little demo lol

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
If you don't get a degree and work for Netherrealm Studios to draw for MK, I'll hate you.

Amazing stuff bro, true talent.

Decay

King of the Bill
He bud. Do you do any computer design stuff or have a way to port your sketches over? I might wanna contract you for something.
We'll talk about it Tuesday, while I'm beatin' your ass with Joker :p
Computer design stuff? Hmm what do you mean exactly by that? I do digital painting but not so much like web design things. Sure let's talk Tuesday after I beat that jokers asssss :joker:

Good shit man.
Thanks man!

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Computer design stuff? Hmm what do you mean exactly by that? I do digital painting but not so much like web design things. Sure let's talk Tuesday after I beat that jokers asssss :joker:
Digital painting sounds like it would work fine. It's a pretty simple design, just a logo for a friend's band.
Crowbar > chains.