What's new

Tech Deathstroke Sword Spin Standing Reset 50/50

ryublaze

Noob
SWORD SPIN VORTEX

Pretty sure this is known already, but after watching TONY-T 's DS combo video, I went back to the lab and looked into his sword spin hit advantage. Basically if you end your combo short with 32 Sword Spin you get more advantage. The combo I do is:

b1u2, f3, walk back for a split second, 32 sword spin (26%)
UPDATE: The above combo is too inconsistent.

The better combo is b1u2, f3, sword spin (22%)

Other starters:
132, 32 sword spin (23%)
f3, 32 sword spin (23%)

This can be done off of the low and overhead starters too, making this a vortex:
d1 MB sword spin, 32 sword spin (26%)
b2 MB sword spin, 32 sword spin (27%)

Then you go into the low/overhead mix-up (d1 sword spin / b2 sword spin). I use b2 and not b22 because if the opponent jumps then the 2nd hit of b22 whiffs and u drop the combo. Both options lead into a hit confirmable reset with MB sword spin, and if your opponent guesses right you don't have to MB and you're still safe. I'm pretty sure the opponent can't MB B3 before the d1 spin but he possibly do it before the b2 spin.

So essentially you drop 7% from the 32% BNB (22% + 3% chip from d1/b2 sword spin) for a potential 55% from the low (22% + 33%) or 57% from the overhead (22% + 35%).

UPDATE 2 (bad news): So after further testing, I found that if you do the combo perfectly and spin them at the max height, you'll be at about +6 (I may be wrong). What this means is that characters with 6 frame d1s can interrupt DS's b2 and characters with 7 frame d1s can trade with it, but they have to just frame their d1 which is really hard to do and might not be worth the risk.

With that in mind, I also found that the opponent can OPTION SELECT the mix-up. All they have to do is hold down and press d1. This will block DS's low and at the same time will also give them a chance to interrupt/trade with DS's overhead. Again, unless the opponent can just frame their d1 every time, then it might be too risky for them.

Either DS's b2 would have to be 2 frames faster or his sword spin will have to give 2 more frames of advantage in order to make this mix-up 100% fullproof. Maybe even more frames because I'm pretty sure you're at less than +6 with DS's low/overhead starters into this standing reset.

GGA Slips
Vagrant
Mikman360
karaokelove
Rampage254
STORMS
GamerBlake90
MITDJT

ryublaze

Noob
I would get video footage of me doing this with the AI set to jump but Injustice's record feature doesn't let me change the AI settings while recording.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Make sure you test with the cpu set to jump and try and get a jab in before they can jump after the ss. ill have to test tomorrow man, its 130 am and i need to get to bed..

ryublaze

Noob
Put DS as player 2 and record the setup and then try and get out of it (with player 1) while the computer plays it back.
Yeah I already did that and you can't get out of it. I just can't get it on video cuz I have to go through a lot to set my laptop up in front of the tv and I want to get it recorded with the practice mode recorder.

ryublaze

Noob
Make sure you test with the cpu set to jump and try and get a jab in before they can jump after the ss. ill have to test tomorrow man, its 130 am and i need to get to bed..
I don't think they can jump out. I tested with AI set to jump, and also with p2 doing the reset with me trying to jump out. I hope you find this useful in your testing tomorrow. :)

ryublaze

Noob
I just got hard! when the d1 hit him so low to the ground i am now convinced. doesn't look like you can get a standing 1 in, but its still looks like a pluss 5?
Yes opponent can jump just a bit off the ground before the d1 hits. Idk how much frames it is though.

Hey TONY-T if you want can you re-record this in higher quality? lol my camera sucks. and if u can find better low/overhead combos that would be great but also take into account if they jump cuz some combos might not work

TONY-T If you record this, please use this combo: b1u2 f3 sword spin (22%). Also 132 32 sword spin. Then for the low combo: d1 MB sword spin 32 sword spin. Then for the overhead combo: b2 MB sword spin 32 sword spin. or go for max damage for the low and overhead combos. Please call it "Sword Spin Vortex" Thanks!

ryublaze

Noob
This reset can be done off of the low/overhead combos too if opponent didn't jump in the previous combo. So potential reset combos:

b1u2, f3, 32 sword spin, (reset) b2 MB sword spin, 32 sword spin, (reset) d1 MB sword spin, 323 f23 sword flip
26% + 27% + 33% = 86% if you guess right twice

or

b1u2, f3, 32 sword spin, (reset) b2 MB sword spin, 32 sword spin, (reset) d1 MB sword spin, 32 sword spin, (reset) b2 MB sword spin, 1, 323 sword flip
26% + 27% + 26% + 27% = 106% if you guess right three times

I think I made Slips like this character more now with these 50/50s, and they're safe!! :cool:

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I've been wanting something like this for ages. Great work. But do change the "Flip" words in the original post to "Spin" ;)

ryublaze

Noob
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I've been wanting something like this for ages. Great work. But do change the "Flip" words in the original post to "Spin" ;)
Dammit I got them mixed up again. Can a mod change the thread title and replace SF with SS?