What's new

Strategy Deathstroke Strategy Discussion POST PATCH 1.03

Vagrant

Noob
Well guys it is what it is.

Lets talk about our options now.

-You can still punish most zoning on block with MB Quick fire/ Quick fire
-You can still use air shot to knock opponents out of the air
-Slips brought up the point that DS can still use MB Quick fire to punish opponents trying to punish regular quick fire
-You're gonna have to really study who can punish his guns and where they can do it and for how much damage.

-I've said countless times how solid he is upclose. This combined with the fact that he was so good at mid to fullscreen made him a top 5 character. -We lost our zoning dominance but I'll be damned if we don't still have options. There are two great videos up talking about his post hard knockdown vortex. Study both of them.

-f3, b3, f23, 3 , d1, b1, b2, and j3 will now be your tools of the trade.

-This version of DeathStroke will be nowhere near as easy to use as his prepatch version. I accept and fucking welcome that... I was sick of seeing shitty Deathstrokes online anyways. They can go play superman.

DO NOT use this thread to bitch about the nerfs he got. There are plenty of other threads for that, no point in dwelling on it anymore.

If you're sticking with the character feel free to discuss strategy HERE.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I'm not bitching, but here's what we lost. I'm putting these up so you DON'T attempt them anymore. They are unsafe.

- You cannot use trait after a full screen air guns knockdown safely anymore
- You can't use guns on Raven when her trait is up EVER
- Frame trap low guns > stand guns is gone

I'm going to record a new corner vortex soon. We need to utilize this **** to stay relevant.

Coddfish

Noob
I think one thing that is going to become more important now is getting opponents into the corner, where you can put pressure on them and control range a bit more.

To that end, one thing that I think is REALLY useful is the fact that after connecting with F3 or B1U2, you can dash under the opp's floating body to change the direction of the combo, for a small drop in combo damage. This is basically the cornerstone of the corner vortex that Mikman360 is working on, but the dash under works anywhere on screen. Combine this with how far Stroke's combos travel thanks to Sword Flip as an ender, and foes have to be careful, even when you're the one with your back to the corner.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Something to add to your thread:

You can't use LGS from 3/4 screen or closer vs Frost anymore. One bar means 40%, two bars is a potential reset into 75%+

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
He can still zone effectively, we are just going to have to be mindful of where we are on the screen and pick our shots wisely.He will be tough to use now but I look forward to the challenge.It'll probably make my spacing and zoning skills that much better since I will have to be more precise with everything I do from now on. Gdlk to you guys hope you can overcome this.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Pretty crappy that I'm on a trip and away from my console right now, wish I could contribute to my fellow strokies!

Exblackman

Zoning since fighting games began.
Just to make sure I got this right? Can we can still use MB LGS when less than 3/4 screen away for safe zoning on block or did that gain recovery frames too...If we still can than meter management got even more important post-patch.

Coddfish

Noob
Just to make sure I got this right? Can we can still use MB LGS when less than 3/4 screen away for safe zoning on block or did that gain recovery frames too...If we still can than meter management got even more important post-patch.
I think that got more recovery as well, or at least it seemed to have more when I was playing around before work, but I didn't get a chance to test it comprehensively.

This is how I think Deathstroke's zoning plays out against the cast now. When I say can't zone, either he gets punished or outzoned and it's a losing battle, or it's a stalemate that boils down to countering who shoots first. Pretty broad but it's a start.

Can't zone anywhere:
Killer Frost
Black Adam
Nightwing
Batman
Sinestrait
Superman w/ full meter

Can't zone ~3/4 screen:
Raven
Aquaman
Flash

Can't zone ~1/2 screen:
Green Lantern
Doomsday
The Joker
Shazam
Sinestro
Catwoman

Everything is as before except how super easy they get in. And chip damage. AND METER BUILT *takes deep breath*:
Harley
Grundy
Superman
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Lex Luthor
Wonder Woman
Ares
Hawkgirl
Bane

Whaddya guys think, agree or disagree? IDK about Lobo and Batgirl.

jaym7018

Noob
Well guys it is what it is.

Lets talk about our options now.

-You can still punish most zoning on block with MB Quick fire/ Quick fire
-You can still use air shot to knock opponents out of the air
-Slips brought up the point that DS can still use MB Quick fire to punish opponents trying to punish regular quick fire
-You're gonna have to really study who can punish his guns and where they can do it and for how much damage.

-I've said countless times how solid he is upclose. This combined with the fact that he was so good at mid to fullscreen made him a top 5 character. -We lost our zoning dominance but I'll be damned if we don't still have options. There are two great videos up talking about his post hard knockdown vortex. Study both of them.

-f3, b3, f23, 3 , d1, b1, b2, and j3 will now be your tools of the trade.

-This version of DeathStroke will be nowhere near as easy to use as his prepatch version. I accept and fucking welcome that... I was sick of seeing shitty Deathstrokes online anyways. They can go play superman.

DO NOT use this thread to bitch about the nerfs he got. There are plenty of other threads for that, no point in dwelling on it anymore.

If you're sticking with the character feel free to discuss strategy HERE.

Man post right here, slow clap....