What's new

Tech Deathstroke F23 Corner Pressure

ryublaze

Noob
THIS IS CHARACTER SPECIFIC BECAUSE OF LAME HITBOXES

This might've been discussed before but Deathstroke has a bit of corner pressure with his F23 string.

So after exploring the Sword Spin hit advantage, Crathen suggested to use F23 afterwards for guaranteed pressure. This can be hit confirmed into a MB Sword Spin if they don't block it.

F23 is +9 on block and has a start up of 7 frames, meaning you can throw out another F23 after it's blocked. After doing two F23s in a row, the third F2 will whiff. But, if you walk a tiny bit forward before each F23 then you'll always be close enough to where F2 will never whiff. If your opponent tries to jump out or interrupt, you can hit confirm into MB Sword Spin.

This isn't exactly a block infinite because the opponent can always take the 2nd hit of F23 to get out. This is where the mix-up comes in because you have the option of cancelling F23 into Sword Spin which will either give you a full combo or end your pressure. If you end the combo with D2 xx Sword Spin you'll be at AT LEAST +10 giving you a guaranteed throw attempt, or you can go into the d1/b2 mix-up.

You can throw in some other mix-up shenanigans during F23 pressure too like B1U2 or B2 xx Sword Spin or F3.

I'm not sure whether it's better to go for F23 pressure or full combos into F3 crossover stuff, it might depend on your playstyle. The difference is that F23 pressure does a bit less damage and has to use meter for resets, but you don't have to deal with wake-up attacks and risk losing your corner position.

EDIT: Thanks to Mikman360, he found out that this is character specific and only works on wide hitbox characters. It works on all characters except Flash, Nightwing, Batman, Grundy, Lex, Sinestro, and Black Adam (I don't have DLC chars). These are all characters that can jump out of a 2nd F23. An alternative you can do against these characters is to do F3 or standing 3 to check them or 32 sword spin. The characters that it does work on, you'll have to walk a bit further and do F23.

GGA Slips
MITDJT
Mikman360
karaokelove
Rampage254
Vagrant

Vagrant

Noob
F23 is an essential part of DS's corner game. It also stuffs ALOT of wakeups because it's so quick. This is an interesting setup you have with using the advantage spin setup to start the loop again. Obviously its less damage for more meter but it locks the oponent down better.

Definitely a viable alternative to using full combos. I guess it would depend on whats going on in the match that would decide whether or not to set this up. Always good to have more setups though. Good shit raptor.

ryublaze

Noob
F23 is an essential part of DS's corner game. It also stuffs ALOT of wakeups because it's so quick. This is an interesting setup you have with using the advantage spin setup to start the loop again. Obviously its less damage for more meter but it locks the oponent down better.

Definitely a viable alternative to using full combos. I guess it would depend on whats going on in the match that would decide whether or not to set this up. Always good to have more setups though. Good shit raptor.
The setup was actually thought of by Crathen . I just added in the F23/sword spin mix-up

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
One thing I'd like to mention (as I just tested right now), but this pressure doesnt work on everyone (or at least, the two characters I tried).

Superman has a very "forward" stance. When cornered, his hitbox still tends to lean out a good distance. This allows your F23 to reach multiple times.

Black Adam however, has a very upright stance. After hitting him in block with F23, I can't seem to land another one without being forced to walk forwards first.

More testing will be done...

ryublaze

Noob
One thing I'd like to mention (as I just tested right now), but this pressure doesnt work on everyone (or at least, the two characters I tried).

Superman has a very "forward" stance. When cornered, his hitbox still tends to lean out a good distance. This allows your F23 to reach multiple times.

Black Adam however, has a very upright stance. After hitting him in block with F23, I can't seem to land another one without being forced to walk forwards first.

More testing will be done...
Will test this more too...NRS and their lame hitbox characters :/

ryublaze

Noob
Wow this is lame. It's very character specific and only works on wide hitbox characters. I guess an alternative to doing another F23 is to just do F3, but that would give them another way out...also standing 3 to check them

Works on all characters except: (characters that can jump out of a 2nd F23)
The Flash
Nightwing
Batman
Solomon Grundy
Lex Luthor
Sinestro
Black Adam

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
wait what do u mean u get hit advantage offa sword spin on hit? i thought it was negative, pls explain o.o

Vagrant

Noob
wait what do u mean u get hit advantage offa sword spin on hit? i thought it was negative, pls explain o.o

It hasn't been negative it's been neutral since day1 patch. Pay attention

If you had been following the forums lately you'd see there were new setups to give ds advantage with spin in the corner. although his 50/50's can be avoided for the most part with these setups. f2 is 7 frames though which can't be avoided

Axel_Redd

It hasn't been negative it's been neutral since day1 patch. Pay attention

If you had been following the forums lately you'd see there were new setups to give ds advantage with spin in the corner. although his 50/50's can be avoided for the most part with these setups. f2 is 7 frames though which can't be avoided
well i havent seen any of the setups for it, and i thought it was negative on hit if u do it from a long juggle with increased gravity. so then what are the setups that do give u advantage?

ryublaze

Noob
Yet another tech shot down because of lame inconsistencies in this game. Just go back to doing the F3 crossover stuff...

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Lol I'm so sorry Raptor... this just keeps happening to you :(
I mean, we should at least test to see how many characters this DOES work on out of the entire roster. If it's more than less, this could still be very good!

And hold out for a bit, I'm having very high hopes for the next patch. I mean, they just GOTTA fix our spin by then... right?

ryublaze

Noob
Lol I'm so sorry Raptor... this just keeps happening to you :(
I mean, we should at least test to see how many characters this DOES work on out of the entire roster. If it's more than less, this could still be very good!

And hold out for a bit, I'm having very high hopes for the next patch. I mean, they just GOTTA fix our spin by then... right?
Yeah I just went through the entire cast except DLC characters. Works on everyone except Flash, Nightwing, Batman, Grundy, Lex, Sinestro, and Black Ada (characters that can jump out of a 2nd F23). Some characters that it does on work you won't be able to combo them with MB sword spin if they try to jump out.

I guess the repeated F23 stuff doesn't work, but there's still other stuff you can do like checking them with spin or 32 sword spin after F23.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Yeah I just went through the entire cast except DLC characters. Works on everyone except Flash, Nightwing, Batman, Grundy, Lex, Sinestro, and Black Ada (characters that can jump out of a 2nd F23). Some characters that it does on work you won't be able to combo them with MB sword spin if they try to jump out.

I guess the repeated F23 stuff doesn't work, but there's still other stuff you can do like checking them with spin or 32 sword spin after F23.

Wait really? Because I just tried repeatedly F23ing all characters down to WW, and the only characters it seemed to work on were Superman and MMH.

ryublaze

Noob
Wait really? Because I just tried repeatedly F23ing all characters down to WW, and the only characters it seemed to work on were Superman and MMH.
On a lot of characters you just have to walk forward a bit more and the F2 will hit them as they jump. Not exactly sure if they can d1 you.

Crathen

Death is my business
In other words "Don't mash buttons tech" , it's good to make the respect the frame advantage and go into 50/50 , good thread.

Axel_Redd

even if the swordspin won't combo on some characters trying to jump out on f23, u can hitconfirm into sword flip and get ur knockdown still.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I just realized... thsi F23 loop trap works on Superman while he's cornered.

YEAH HOW DOES IT FEELS TO BE ON THE RECIEVING END YA DOUCHE!?