What's new

Match-up Discussion Deathstroke community MU chart thread/discussion

L1FTER

Noob
I think the Flash matchup is 3-7 Flash's favor. I play Honeybee alot both on and offline and at times I feel DS has no options to deal with him.

@Kyu i will get back to you, trust me it isnt that easy to corner ds because u have to account for stages, debuff, the fact if u are blocking ds can just grab u and send u across the screen, etc.

Reactions: Kyu
I think the Flash matchup is 3-7 Flash's favor. I play Honeybee alot both on and offline and at times I feel DS has no options to deal with him.
It is def flash advantage, but u have to play in a unique way vs the flash to compete, takes time to get used too for sure.

L1FTER

Noob
It is def flash advantage, but u have to play in a unique way vs the flash to compete, takes time to get used too for sure.
I've been playing him for months now and I just cannot figure it out at all. His wakeups beat all oki options and zoning is so difficult since he can punish from 3/4 the screen and get 50% off you. Your input on how to play this would be much appreciated Mr. Aquaman killer. ;)

Reactions: TKB

TKB

Noob
I've been playing him for months now and I just cannot figure it out at all. His wakeups beat all oki options and zoning is so difficult since he can punish from 3/4 the screen and get 50% off you. Your input on how to play this would be much appreciated Mr. Aquaman killer. ;)
You and I literally have the exact same outlook and problems with this matchup. It is really tough for Deathstroke. I feel ya :(

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
i dont think he loses to batgirl or zod. i dont have much experience with zod but i dont see anything in particular that DS can't deal with. inb4 m2dave is all like "see me online". on paper it seems like if your reactions are on point its hard for him to do much. call trait, shoot the gun, do instant airs. the fact that you have an 11 frame move that goes full ass screen is really important in this matchup. im not going to put numbers to it because like i said i lack MU experience but on paper i can't see how its not at least even.

as for batgirl, she can't punish low guns on block, so she has to respect them to a degree. if the batgirl likes to smoke bomb, you can d1 to bait it out and you will recover in time to block and punish. also @RedRaptor10 showed us some nice anti wakeup tech against batgirl so she shouldnt be able to wake up without getting blown up. also stand 3 does very good against her in neutral and can hit her out of batwheel if she wants to use that in neutral and outranges all of her other normals. i see this being even at worst. i dont see anything that is a serious threat to DS in this match.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I agree with Jonnitti, the BG vs DS mu is 5-5. Tedious for us since we can't risk smoke bombing and have to dash in instead or do a risky bat evade 1, we pretty much have to hold dat chip. Deathstroke does better in neutral and outdamages us midscreen. We do more damage in the corner (what is DS max corner damage btw? Batgirl gets 60% YEEEAAAPPP) and of course we have vortex. You have generally better wakeups and of course as mentioned RedRaptor has enough anti BG wakeup tech to make BG look as free as both our countries. I have my own anti-wakeup tech with Batgirl but it covers all wakeups for all characters and is pretty broken, but you'll see that once I get back from my holiday and post the thread ;) BG-DS is a very even matchup though, solid 5-5

Youphemism

The 60% is a little tricky, but the 55% isn't that hard. Both combos use 4 bars though, so they definitely are not bnb's.
Hey Tony. Batgirl gets 60% in the corner relatively easily (it gets consistent pretty quickly if you know the cues)

1 BAR. *dances*

Yet to test it but im 99% sure it works on all characters. It'll be in my Batgirl tech thread once i get back from my holiday, I'll tag you if I remember.

Error404

Noob
Yeah this seems about right , only MU im not sure about is the Zod MU but i haven't seen that one play out so far .

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Hey Tony. Batgirl gets 60% in the corner relatively easily (it gets consistent pretty quickly if you know the cues)

1 BAR. *dances*

Yet to test it but im 99% sure it works on all characters. It'll be in my Batgirl tech thread once i get back from my holiday, I'll tag you if I remember.
I just nailed a 3 bar 63% with DS. Situational and hard as hell, but here it is..

Youphemism

I just nailed a 3 bar 63% with DS. Situational and hard as hell, but here it is..

Nice! You are to combos as 16Bit is to Catwoman ;) The funny thing is you could've used :tonyt at the end of your post...

Once I get home I'll see how much I can get with Batgirl. I can tell you now though, it won't be 63%! Her midscreen damage isn't the best in some situations lol

Side note: If gravity didn't affect the 32 in 323, then 323 would be an infinite

TKB

Noob

Dude, what the fuck? Lol your combos are crazy. Very nice. What is your highest damage in the corner using 1 bar of meter? I can't get beyond 47% (48% if I end in sword spin but that's never a good idea)