What's new

"death punch" with opponent on the ground?

I'm sure this is probably common knowledge, but I played some MK2 last weekend on MKAK for PS3 and noticed standing low punch does 3 levels of damage not only anti air, but with opponent walking as well.
I noticed this when playing as female ninjas. Opponent walked toward me and I hit with a LP, holding away with Mileena. Happened several times - I was shocked to even see the "death punch" while the opponent walked towards me! The pushback occurred as well.
Is this a glitch in the game, or something done on purpose?

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I'm sure this is probably common knowledge, but I played some MK2 last weekend on MKAK for PS3 and noticed standing low punch does 3 levels of damage not only anti air, but with opponent walking as well.
I noticed this when playing as female ninjas. Opponent walked toward me and I hit with a LP, holding away with Mileena. Happened several times - I was shocked to even see the "death punch" while the opponent walked towards me! The pushback occurred as well.
Is this a glitch in the game, or something done on purpose?
Pretty sure it's just as much a glitch as other death punches in MK2. Sometimes you can even score a death punch while your opponent is in between crouch and standing up. They are cool looking, love getting them!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Death Punch is the result of an overlooked subroutine of code that looks for collision for every active frame of a jab, so if you hit with one of the first active frames of a jab, you get "multiple hits".