What's new

DBZ Live Action Fan Film

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
We are talking about a live action DBZ movie here, of course it "sucked" but it was not too terrible.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Man I wasn't feeling that at all. Looked bad IMO. I just think that DBZ should forever stay animated. Live action is a bad idea. I'm looking way more forward to the new DBZ animated movie then this series.

Man I wasn't feeling that at all. Looked bad IMO. I just think that DBZ should forever stay animated. Live action is a bad idea. I'm looking way more forward to the new DBZ animated movie then this series.
That's just thinking small. What if video games never left the 8bit era? You see where I'm going with this...

LanceMonsoon

That's just thinking small. What if video games never left the 8bit era? You see where I'm going with this...
Well video games are a different story. So many ideas and stories and different genres and worlds. I was not saying that all movies/shows should be animated, just DBZ. I honestly don't see how they could do the DBZ world justice in a live action movie, ever. Not to mention all the DBZ characters have amazing and unique personalities that make us fans love them. I think it would hard to portray some characters like Gohan and Krillen, and almost impossible for characters like Future Trunks, Bulma, Goku and Vegeta. Not thinking small at all. When an animated series is this popular why make it live action? That's not evolving the series more like devolving. This is where it is completely unrelated to video games evolution.

Well video games are a different story. So many ideas and stories and different genres and worlds. I was not saying that all movies/shows should be animated, just DBZ. I honestly don't see how they could do the DBZ world justice in a live action movie, ever. Not to mention all the DBZ characters have amazing and unique personalities that make us fans love them. I think it would hard to portray some characters like Gohan and Krillen, and almost impossible for characters like Future Trunks, Bulma, Goku and Vegeta. Not thinking small at all. When an animated series is this popular why make it live action? That's not evolving the series more like devolving. This is where it is completely unrelated to video games evolution.
None of the the 80s-90s Batman movies were better than Batman the animated series IMO. I never thought a live action movie could be on par with it. Then the Batman movies with Christian Bale came out and I thought they were great.

The point is it's not an easy task to make something that people are used to seeing animated in live action and vice versa. However, it's always great to see people's ideas, and see them try.

LanceMonsoon

None of the the 80s-90s Batman movies were better than Batman the animated series IMO. I never thought a live action movie could be on par with it. Then the Batman movies with Christian Bale came out and I thought they were great.

The point is it's not an easy task to make something that people are used to seeing animated in live action and vice versa. However, it's always great to see people's ideas, and see them try.
I never saw the Batman movies or animated series from the 80s-90s but I can agree that Chris Nolan's Trilogy was great. Batman however does not have Super Sayian powers or beams or any of that cool DBZ stuff that I am to lazy to type out lol. Point is don't you think that it would be hard, (like the whole black hair to blonde hair and the aura around them) to make it look decent in a live action movie without it looking silly? Oh and the super speed and super jumps and flying. Plus how the hell could they make Frieza, Cell or Buu look decent? Batman is at least realistic.

Maybe they can and if they do I will be the first to take back what I said lol. And of course will go and see it.

I never saw the Batman movies or animated series from the 80s-90s but I can agree that Chris Nolan's Trilogy was great. Batman however does not have Super Sayian powers or beams or any of that cool DBZ stuff that I am to lazy to type out lol. Point is don't you think that it would be hard, (like the whole black hair to blonde hair and the aura around them) to make it look decent in a live action movie without it looking silly? Oh and the super speed and super jumps and flying. Plus how the hell could they make Frieza, Cell or Buu look decent? Batman is at least realistic.

Maybe they can and if they do I will be the first to take back what I said lol. And of course will go and see it.
:( never seen Batman:tas or the classic movies? How old are you lol? Anyway, special effects are ridiculous nowadays bro. Even a low budget movie can get some pretty decent special effects. I mean look at James Cameron's Avatar. That movie is as unrealistic as it gets, but it looked amazing!

LanceMonsoon

:( never seen Batman:tas or the classic movies? How old are you lol? Anyway, special effects are ridiculous nowadays bro. Even a low budget movie can get some pretty decent special effects. I mean look at James Cameron's Avatar. That movie is as unrealistic as it gets, but it looked amazing!
Lol I'm twenty I was a big Spiderman fan as a kid. Alright I'll tell you what. You get James Cameron to direct a DBZ movie and I will be first in line at the midnight showing of it lol! That dude is the an outstanding director. If anyone could possibly do it, it would be him.

Lol I'm twenty I was a big Spiderman fan as a kid. Alright I'll tell you what. You get James Cameron to direct a DBZ movie and I will be first in line at the midnight showing of it lol! That dude is the an outstanding director. If anyone could possibly do it, it would be him.
I'll be 20 on New Year's Day lol. I loved the old 90's X-Men and Spider-man series, but Batman will always be my favorite superhero.

If James Cameron directed Db: Evolution it would've been great!

If you guys want to watch a decent dragon ball movie, here is that infamous korean live action dragon ball movie! It's actually pretty accurate to dragon ball in story and tone