What's new

Darksouls, Darksouls 2, Dragon Age 1 or 2 or Arkham City.

I need a new game, haven't really gamed since Bioshock: Infinite released.

I played Arkham: Asylum, loved it, but, I like fantasy, never play DS 1, do I need to?

Last edited:

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Dragon Age 1 is great, but I warn you the second one is not as great. If you liked the combat in Knights of the Old republic then you will like Dragon age origins.

Dark Souls is made to be difficult so prepare to be frustrated.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
If you want to play a Dark Souls, just play the first one. The second is a considerable downgrade.

Dragons Dogma is also pretty good.

You can't go wrong with either Dark Souls game. They are video game masterpieces. You might find it hard to play other games after playing them. This is, if you're not a casual gamer...
Might just go with Arkahm City, ain't got time to be frustrated, I'm just looking for something to casually play. Plus it's prolly cheap.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Might just go with Arkahm City, ain't got time to be frustrated, I'm just looking for something to casually play. Plus it's prolly cheap.
It's not frustrating. The game is awesome. If you know how to whiff punish in Injustice, you know how to play Dark Souls. You'll be getting more bang for you buck aswell, game length wise. Even Hollywood actors have beaten Dark Souls, so it can't be that hard

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Depends on the game you want. Dark Souls will overwhelm the faint of heart, but it is oh so satisfying finally killing that boss that robbed you of 87,000 souls...ok I'm rambling. I don't have much experience with dragon age. Can't go wrong with an Arkham game really.

If you want to play a Dark Souls, just play the first one. The second is a considerable downgrade.

Dragons Dogma is also pretty good.
I'm not gonna argue with you, and I don't want to derail, but have you posted your thoughts about Dark Souls 2 in the Souls thread yet? I'd like to hear to see what you think. (I'm not looking through rose colored glasses, I have my own issues with the game) Also you are right, Dragon's Dogma is good, and if they released the same game with multiplayer I'd buy it in a heartbeat (again).

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I really need to pick up Dark Souls 2. I need a break from Titanfall. DS2 looks so amazing.
I know some people who have both who are enjoying Dark Souls 2 more. But I haven't played Titan fall, and if you're itching for the shooter, this may not be the case with everyone.