What's new

Match-up Discussion Cyrax Matchup Discussion Thread

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
@spin4u & Nori would you guys agree with a 5-5?
Spin knows Cyrax way better than I do, he's been playing him since day 1 but I know Kenshi very well, I would have to say Cyrax has an adv though. Kenshi actually has a very underrated uppercut to be honest, but even though Kenshi CAN fight up close, he really doesn't want to (well, not a good Kenshi anyway). Kenshi wants to combo you and zone you out.

I know as a player fighting AGAINST Cyrax, it's a pain in the ass to always have to watch for grenades and a net that can rape my life/soul for 60% damage. Kenshi has no such threat at any given time. Yes, he will build meter IF you allow him to zone you all day.

To be honest, if the Kenshi player is ALWAYS guessing what you are doing, he's just in your head, it's not the cha, it's the player. Kenshi has great tools, but not enough to keep Cyrax out. Grenades are just too much of a threat. For the amount of work Kenshi has to put into this fight to win, I can't see Kenshi as having an adv to be honest.

If a Cyrax player isn't using grenades, then this is 7-3 for Kenshi

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Also, why do you guys feel it's 5-5 for Cyrax vs Cage? I feel Cage has an adv once he gets in and it's not entirely hard to get in either.

NariTuba

disMember
Also, why do you guys feel it's 5-5 for Cyrax vs Cage? I feel Cage has an adv once he gets in and it's not entirely hard to get in either.
Honestly, Im not afraid of the Cage matchup at all. I main Cyrax and sub Cage, they are my strongest characters and know them quite well. Cage does have the advantage once he gets in but Cyrax (unlike others in the cast) has great pokes to relieve pressure. Combinations of bombs, net and AAt are great in this matchup since Cage is forced to rush. With Cyrax I stand my ground, I dont run away. There are many great things Cyrax can do to meet Cage head on taking adv of the fact that Cage is forced to move forward. d4 into jab pressure - 1,2 hit confirm - random nets - close bomb for cover. Cyrax damage output (55%bnb) of course plays as a factor as well.

Ultimately I think its the variety of tools Cyrax has that make this unpredictable for Cage and his one dimensional gameplan. HOWEVER... no matter how brave and smart you play with Cyrax, Cage is a beast; period. If he gets in and the player gets in your head, you will be dominated and unable to get your damage b4 he builds a breaker. I put it as 5-5 because I dont think in this particular case Cyrax lacks the tools to beat Cage, I feel it comes down to the players. I dont think that a lesser player will be able to beat an experienced Cyrax with Cage by counterpicking.

spin4u

Noob
Against Kenshi, the best thing to do is make him come to you. You have to place bombs under his feet and make him move around.
If full screen its sort of a bad idea. When Cyrax does a far/mid bomb Kenshi has enough time to walk foward and do his shoulder move with out getting hit from the bomb. Playing against a Kenshi I would say is just to block dash to jump range and read which move he is going to do and punish then start the cross ups. I honestly think Cyrax has better pokes than Kenshi. What Nori mentioned is pretty accurate too. It all depends on the skill level of each player

Mustard: I was referring to tony t's otg reset like Narituba mentioned.

5-5 overall

NariTuba

disMember
Taking into account all discussions so far we are left with the following corrections on the OP:

6-4 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
5-5 vs Ermac
5-5 vs Freddy Krueger
6-4 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
5-5 vs Johnny Cage
3-7 vs Kabal

5-5 vs Kano
5-5 vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
5-5 vs Kung Lao
5-5 vs Liu Kang
5-5 vs Mileena

5-5 vs Nightwolf
6-4 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
6-4 vs Sindel
xxx vs Skarlet
6-4 vs Smoke
5-5 vs Sonya Blade
6-4 vs Stryker
6-4 vs Sub-Zero

Did my best to average what was debated in this thread. Please discuss any inconsistencies you may see.

EDIT1: Johnny Cage matchup changed to 5-5

EDIT2: Noob Saibot matchup changed back to 6-4

EDIT3: Kenshi matchup added 5-5

EDIT4: Rain matchup added going by the Rain Matchup Discussion Thread

EDIT5: Kabal matchup changed to 3-7

EDIT6: Freddy matchup added

EDIT7: Sindel matchup changed to 6-4

Stark

Bomb Dispenser
Is the Cyrax-Mileena match-up really a 5-5? I can't seem to beat a good Mileena that likes to zone me out with air sais, baiting me into her pressure. Any tips? Anything at all will be appreciated. I'm completely stumped with this match-up..

NariTuba

disMember
Is the Cyrax-Mileena match-up really a 5-5? I can't seem to beat a good Mileena that likes to zone me out with air sais, baiting me into her pressure. Any tips? Anything at all will be appreciated. I'm completely stumped with this match-up..
page 3 of THIS thread

swag1

EX smash solves all
mm jax is more like 5-5 he can easily 25% punish a teleport and once he gets you in the corner he doesn't stop
also probably 6-4 with kano because he lacks a teleport and slow movement speed allows for easier bomb traps

NariTuba

disMember
mm jax is more like 5-5 he can easily 25% punish a teleport and once he gets you in the corner he doesn't stop
also probably 6-4 with kano because he lacks a teleport and slow movement speed allows for easier bomb traps
jax stands as 5-5 as of now (check my post above)

well played kano is a nightmare. Impossible to zone because of knife and airball. Punishes cyrax teleport with upball on reaction.

swag1

EX smash solves all
NariTuba
Originally Posted by swag1
jax stands as 5-5 as of now (check my post above)

well played kano is a nightmare. Impossible to zone because of knife and airball. Punishes cyrax teleport with upball on reaction.
yeah his upball is a good punisher and knvies are not bad for anti-zoning however he has decently punishable combos and no teleport which makes anything less than an excelllent kano a smooth ride

on a differnet note, raiden should be 3-7 he is ridiculously hard his quick teleport, and easy punisher combos make him a nightmare for cyrax leaving you having to use pokes and basic combos to chip away at opponents

NariTuba

disMember
yeah his upball is a good punisher and knvies are not bad for anti-zoning however he has decently punishable combos and no teleport which makes anything less than an excelllent kano a smooth ride
what do you mean by punishable combos? kano doesnt need a teleport to avoid cyrax zoning, he has airball. Cyrax cant use his teleport in this matchup to avoid anything (or any matchups for that matter)

matchups are not determined by how well people play characters. They are about the character tools used at their maximum potential.

swag1

EX smash solves all
what do you mean by punishable combos? kano doesnt need a teleport to avoid cyrax zoning, he has airball. Cyrax cant use his teleport in this matchup to avoid anything (or any matchups for that matter)

matchups are not determined by how well people play characters. They are about the character tools used at their maximum potential.
no but he has no quick backwards movement which is easier bomb traps and kanos combos can be forseen then teleported and punished

NariTuba

disMember
no but he has no quick backwards movement which is easier bomb traps and kanos combos can be forseen then teleported and punished
kano can hit confirm any string on block into choke which pushes you away enough to make any meaningful punishment impossible. If you teleport after he pushes you away with choke you straight up lose the advantage. If you teleport at all he will punish it on reaction.

swag1

EX smash solves all
kano can hit confirm any string on block into choke which pushes you away enough to make any meaningful punishment impossible. If you teleport after he pushes you away with choke you straight up lose the advantage. If you teleport at all he will punish it on reaction.
i didnt know about hit confirm choke thanks
also if he trys to upball you can block then push back into bomb

Does anyone have some tips for the Cyrax v. Reptile matchup?

It may just come down to me needing to change my play formula, but I felt shut down standing within jump range. I really only felt comfortable running away to toss bombs and nets.

My apologies if this was covered in another thread, I may have missed something.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Well since this is pretty much dead, let's stir the pot.

Im thinking that the kabal matchup should be 3-7 or 2.5-7.5, as good as cyrax is, kabal is strong in cyrax's primary 3 weaknesses:

-Hella good zoner, probably the best zoner in the game
-Builds meter like crazy, also probably the best meter build up in the game
-The dash cancel mind games, not only do they build meter but cyrax doesn't handle up close barrages very well. His options are either find a nook and try to poke out of it or EX AA or Ragdoll and it's still kinda bitchy to do so.

Please discuss, and also what do you guys think of the freddy matchup, that m2dave guy got me thinking with his freddy lol.

NariTuba

disMember
Well since this is pretty much dead, let's stir the pot.

Im thinking that the kabal matchup should be 3-7 or 2.5-7.5, as good as cyrax is, kabal is strong in cyrax's primary 3 weaknesses:

-Hella good zoner, probably the best zoner in the game
-Builds meter like crazy, also probably the best meter build up in the game
-The dash cancel mind games, not only do they build meter but cyrax doesn't handle up close barrages very well. His options are either find a nook and try to poke out of it or EX AA or Ragdoll and it's still kinda bitchy to do so.

Please discuss, and also what do you guys think of the freddy matchup, that m2dave guy got me thinking with his freddy lol.
I can definitely agree with 3-7 for the same reasons you mention. Cyrax d1 is fast enough to interrupt ndc pressure but even then its pretty hard to get anything started. Armor on ExND and machine gun iagb are pretty overpowering. Ill update the list to a 3-7 pending further discussion if needed.

I nosed around the Freddy forums but found no mention of the Cyrax matchup. Looks like itd be really hard to get in on him, but once in Cyrax has the upper hand. PMing m2dave right now.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
NariTuba said:
PMing m2dave right now.
I got your message.

To compete with Freddy, you have to know the basics.

- every time you block a full screen glove toss or Freddy fingers, you also have to block a far ground spike. You cannot jump or dash. Wait for the Freddy player to make a move. If he does another glove toss, for example, react accordingly by neutral crouching and then dashing forward.

- two far ground spikes cannot be dashed. You have to dash and block.

- if you jump forward full screen away, mid ground spike acts as an AA. Cyrax can avoid this trap with an aerial teleport, but do not abuse.

- do not teleport randomly because you will only lose your positional advantage. Freddy can simply d+1 xx teleport back and there is nothing Cyrax can do about it.

- when Freddy is cornered, remain at a distance where you can anticipate and punish Freddy's forward teleport. No worries. The teleports are fairly unsafe.

- close ground spikes are punishable by 3,3 xx Net. EX ground spike is safe and has pushback.

- I am well aware that Cyrax struggles vs zoning characters, but learn how to approach Freddy, and this match up is even. It comes down to Freddy's zoning vs Cyrax's high damage output.

NariTuba

disMember
I got your message.

To compete with Freddy, you have to know the basics.

- every time you block a full screen glove toss or Freddy fingers, you also have to block a far ground spike. You cannot jump or dash. Wait for the Freddy player to make a move. If he does another glove toss, for example, react accordingly by neutral crouching and then dashing forward.

- two far ground spikes cannot be dashed. You have to dash and block.

- if you jump forward full screen away, mid ground spike acts as an AA. Cyrax can avoid this trap with an aerial teleport, but do not abuse.

- do not teleport randomly because you will only lose your positional advantage. Freddy can simply d+1 xx teleport back and there is nothing Cyrax can do about it.

- when Freddy is cornered, remain at a distance where you can anticipate and punish Freddy's forward teleport. No worries. The teleports are fairly unsafe.

- close ground spikes are punishable by 3,3 xx Net. EX ground spike is safe and has pushback.

- I am well aware that Cyrax struggles vs zoning characters, but learn how to approach Freddy, and this match up is even. It comes down to Freddy's zoning vs Cyrax's high damage output.
Beast post! great info for all of us.

Updating the chart to 5-5

thanks a lot!

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
This is what i think of his matchups so far:

Baraka= 6-4
CSZ= 5-5 maybe 5.5-4.5
Ermac= 6-4 Fullscreen ermac is completely useless, with some proper bomb placement and good reads this to me, aside from the sub MU is the easiest one.
Freddy= 4.5-5.5 maybe even 4-6. I took into account m2dave's input but i've been playing some mean ass zoning freddys and it's pretty overwhelming.
Jade= 6-4...i'd say 5.5 or or 5-5 but the fact that cyrax pokes out a lot of her normals and strings made me lean on him winning the MU.
Jax=4-6 People seem to forget that jax low starting string is like kangs, pokes cyrax out of everything.
Cage= 5-5 mid to long range cyrax can win controlling the pace but up close it's a 10-0 for cage lol.
Kabal= 3-7 Can zone and rush him to death. Im having success in that matchup but i really havent played any reos or micheangelos either.
Kano= 5-5 Though i hate and suck at this matchup, i don't think kano has the upper hand. Best thing he can do is try to zone with knives or bait air nets and do an air ball i dunno.
Kenshi= 5.5-4.5- Yes kenshi is a good zoner but a lot of his zoning moves are can easily get him caught in a net and up close cyrax destroys him.
Kitana= 4-6 Good zoning and very good pressure. With CD's new tech i find this 3-7, even 2-8.
Kung Lao= 6-4 He no longer has that fearsome pressure that cyrax had trouble with.
Liu Kang= 4-6 maybe even 3.5-6.5 A good zoning kang with IAFB and good pressure should easily beat cyrax.
Mileena= 4-6= Air sais and that stupid crazy pressure of hers.
Nightwolf= 5.5-4.5 While his should does go through nets, i don't think he's the character people say he is. d4~command grabs when he does a shoulder works like a charm.
Noob= 6-4 Overrated zoning, plain and simple and up close against cyrax he's dead.
Quan chi= 6-4 He's quan chi.
Raiden= 4.5-5.5 Im kinda changing my stance on this MU, command grabs, down pokes and string pressure are great in this MU.
Rain=5-5 Don't know how to rate this one, cyrax can simply do a standing 1 when rain teleports. String pressure doesn't work cause of EX RH. Im thinking this one may go to rain but i dunno.
Reptile= 4.5-5.5 A lot of people like to think this is 6-4 cyrax, i don't, reptile can shoulder rush some of his strings and the 2,1 pressure doesn't work with him.
Scorpion= 5.5-4. Cyrax can d1 normal and ex tele and follow up with 121 and start the pressure, up close is a toss up.
Sektor= 4.5-5.5 Sektor zones cyrax surprisingly well, and has fast normals and pokes. I dunno i just feel this one goes to sektor.
Shang Tsung= 6-4 I just think cyrax up close destroys shang and i don't think he zones cyrax that well.
Sheeva= 6-4 It's sheeva, one of the downsides of this matchup is that cyrax can't AA over her as easy as the rest of the cast lol.
Sindel= 5.5- 4.5 or 6-4. As shitty as sindel is, she's still a pretty darn good zoner,i don't see this as a 7-3.
Skarlet= 5-5 I don't know shit about this matchup.
Smoke= 4-6 You can't throw nets, you can't pressure him very well either. Kinda treat him like raiden on steroids.
Sonya= 4.5-5.5 I just think this character is way underrated, solid mind games,pokes, anti airs, and her projectile is efficiently fast. Up close she destroys cyrax and from afar can disrupt cyrax with some projectiles.
Stryker= 6-4 He got better, but up close cyrax simply just destroys him.
Sub Zero= 7-3 Crazy stupid easy MU, put up a clone? here's a bomb kiddo!

Please guys discuss, agree disagree wanna prove wrong, cmon people let's keep this alive!:dance:

Sasuga

Noob
[MENTION=6463]Caraecrika[/MENTION]: Thank you for this old-style match-up chart! I think I can agree with most of it, if not all.

KTH

Noob
Cyrax vs Scorpion
I think this match up is 6-4 for cyrax. Can be 7 -3. Cyrax control the whole match here. On a good day, I can punish teleport with 50 percent combo or over. Scorpion has to take a lot of risks. The flow is with cyrax here

Cyrax vs kung lao
Post patch, I think 5.5 - 4.5 for cyrax. cyrax out damage and outpoke kunglao here.

Cyrax vs kitana
I don't know this match up well yet. The last two times I play against one. I got owned pretty bad :(. I'm assuming it's probably 7-3 for me right now. I got some new ideas to try. Hopefully, they work. Will update in the future.

cyrax vs mileena
4.5 vs 5.5

cyrax vs reptile
5.5 vs 4.5

cyrax vs liu kang
5 vs 5

These are the matches up that I play offline against decent players.

NariTuba

disMember
This is what i think of his matchups so far:
snip
my thoughts:

"Ermac= 6-4 Fullscreen ermac is completely useless" So is Cyrax... if you far bomb he dashes forward and youre in push rage. If you throw a net fullscreen he can teleport punish on reaction and start "vortex" shennanigans. You need to be closer than 1/2 screen to trade net. Bombs are ok at closer ranges where he cant punish with teleport. Fullscreen Ermac can also fireball spam which will force you to move unless you have the lead. Upclose whoever gets momentum wins. His air projectile will beat AAthrow. I say 5-5.

"Jax=4-6" Not much experience against Jax but it does look like a 4-6... will ask around the forum for more data.

"Kenshi= 5.5-4.5" Cant trade net until you are very close or he will send you flying fullscreen with spirit charge. Bombs WILL get him to move and give you some breathing room to work your way in. Well played Kenshi is a nightmare to aproach but i agree Cyrax wins upclose. 5-5

"Kung Lao= 6-4 He no longer has that fearsome pressure that cyrax had trouble with." His upclose pressure is still beter than Cyrax (low hat is gone upclose but overhead is faster) and builds him beast meter. KL can zone Cyrax too if he gets the upper hand. 5-5

"Liu Kang= 4-6" I could agree with this, I feel we havent seen Kang to his full potential yet.

"Nightwolf= 5.5-4.5 While his should does go through nets, i don't think he's the character people say he is. d4~command grabs when he does a shoulder works like a charm." I agree... I like Nightwolf but he has always been a dissapointment to me.

Reptile= 4.5-5.5 Reptile has to get through the obstacle course to win... 5-5

Sektor= 4.5-5.5 Sektor zones cyrax surprisingly well, and has fast normals and pokes. I dunno i just feel this one goes to sektor. You can trade net with flamethrower and missile at jump distance, after a couple of these trades he will respect and try to b1 to get you fullscreen or try to catch you with low starter for full combo, which you can shut down by crouch blocking since he doesnt have a good overhead. Sektor has no wake up game so upclose Cyrax can put hard pressure on him. Very hard for him to escape if you get him in the corner. Command grab whiffs on crouching Sektor but he will eat saws if he abuses it. 5-5

Shang Tsung= 6-4 I just think cyrax up close destroys shang and i don't think he zones cyrax that well. Why do you think Cyrax destroys Shang upclose? Shang has AWESOME blocktrings and frametraps with ground skull, his mixups are pretty good. I even feel this might be 4-6

Sheeva= 6-4 It's sheeva, one of the downsides of this matchup is that cyrax can't AA over her as easy as the rest of the cast lol. hahahaha

Sindel= 5.5- 4.5 or 6-4. As shitty as sindel is, she's still a pretty darn good zoner,i don't see this as a 7-3. I definitely agree. Im gonna update this to 6-4 right now pending more discussion of course.

Smoke= 4-6 You can't throw nets, you can't pressure him very well either. You can rush him down and he cant really escape forever because he needs Exsmoke away / towards to get away from you. AAthrow will make smoke bomb whiff and recovers fast enough so he cant punish with teleport on reaction. Dont jump and always stand block and you win upclose. A blocked teleport = 55% punish so bait it and he will stop using it alltogether. Cyrax need to be patient but i feel its even.

Sonya= 4.5-5.5 I just think this character is way underrated, solid mind games,pokes, anti airs, and her projectile is efficiently fast. Up close she destroys cyrax and from afar can disrupt cyrax with some projectiles. I could agree with this... even a 4-6. Will fish around in the Sonya forum for feedack.

Good stuff keeping the thread alive!

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
my thoughts:

"Ermac= 6-4 Fullscreen ermac is completely useless" So is Cyrax... if you far bomb he dashes forward and youre in push rage. If you throw a net fullscreen he can teleport punish on reaction and start "vortex" shennanigans. You need to be closer than 1/2 screen to trade net. Bombs are ok at closer ranges where he cant punish with teleport. Fullscreen Ermac can also fireball spam which will force you to move unless you have the lead. Upclose whoever gets momentum wins. His air projectile will beat AAthrow. I say 5-5.

"Jax=4-6" Not much experience against Jax but it does look like a 4-6... will ask around the forum for more data.

"Kenshi= 5.5-4.5" Cant trade net until you are very close or he will send you flying fullscreen with spirit charge. Bombs WILL get him to move and give you some breathing room to work your way in. Well played Kenshi is a nightmare to aproach but i agree Cyrax wins upclose. 5-5

"Kung Lao= 6-4 He no longer has that fearsome pressure that cyrax had trouble with." His upclose pressure is still beter than Cyrax (low hat is gone upclose but overhead is faster) and builds him beast meter. KL can zone Cyrax too if he gets the upper hand. 5-5

"Liu Kang= 4-6" I could agree with this, I feel we havent seen Kang to his full potential yet.

"Nightwolf= 5.5-4.5 While his should does go through nets, i don't think he's the character people say he is. d4~command grabs when he does a shoulder works like a charm." I agree... I like Nightwolf but he has always been a dissapointment to me.

Reptile= 4.5-5.5 Reptile has to get through the obstacle course to win... 5-5

Sektor= 4.5-5.5 Sektor zones cyrax surprisingly well, and has fast normals and pokes. I dunno i just feel this one goes to sektor. You can trade net with flamethrower and missile at jump distance, after a couple of these trades he will respect and try to b1 to get you fullscreen or try to catch you with low starter for full combo, which you can shut down by crouch blocking since he doesnt have a good overhead. Sektor has no wake up game so upclose Cyrax can put hard pressure on him. Very hard for him to escape if you get him in the corner. Command grab whiffs on crouching Sektor but he will eat saws if he abuses it. 5-5

Shang Tsung= 6-4 I just think cyrax up close destroys shang and i don't think he zones cyrax that well. Why do you think Cyrax destroys Shang upclose? Shang has AWESOME blocktrings and frametraps with ground skull, his mixups are pretty good. I even feel this might be 4-6

Sheeva= 6-4 It's sheeva, one of the downsides of this matchup is that cyrax can't AA over her as easy as the rest of the cast lol. hahahaha

Sindel= 5.5- 4.5 or 6-4. As shitty as sindel is, she's still a pretty darn good zoner,i don't see this as a 7-3. I definitely agree. Im gonna update this to 6-4 right now pending more discussion of course.

Smoke= 4-6 You can't throw nets, you can't pressure him very well either. You can rush him down and he cant really escape forever because he needs Exsmoke away / towards to get away from you. AAthrow will make smoke bomb whiff and recovers fast enough so he cant punish with teleport on reaction. Dont jump and always stand block and you win upclose. A blocked teleport = 55% punish so bait it and he will stop using it alltogether. Cyrax need to be patient but i feel its even.

Sonya= 4.5-5.5 I just think this character is way underrated, solid mind games,pokes, anti airs, and her projectile is efficiently fast. Up close she destroys cyrax and from afar can disrupt cyrax with some projectiles. I could agree with this... even a 4-6. Will fish around in the Sonya forum for feedack.

Good stuff keeping the thread alive!
1)I dunno if it's that i mained ermac but this MU has always been easy as hell for me. In this matchup i always sit fullscreen launch a mid bomb, then a far bomb dash in and either throw a net or bait a push or lift, this has always worked for me and i can confidently say i've NEVER lost to an Ermac player, very predictable character but hey that's just me, i'd love to play a top ermac player who would prove me wrong.

2)Jax punishes nets on reaction with EX dash punch or h/e it's called. Up close jax wins easy.

3)Any ex move kenshi does will be caught in a net, a landed tele flurry is caught in the net . AA negates every zoning move he has at startup. I've never had any problem in this MU and i've played some really good kenshi players from here from TYM and cyrax to me dominates this MU.

4) The thing with lao is that his typical pressure now can be interrupted with a d1 and his tele is easily punished with either a standing 1, 33, or AA. Though i can agree with a 5-5. I see it as a 6-4 to cyrax but i can understand a 5-5

5)Kang 4-6 easy

6)Nightwolf...blargh

7)The thing with reptile is that we can put up an obstacle course but one forceball screws that up and i've always felt that his up close pressure is a bitch so i dunno.

8)This matchup has never been very kind to me but i see why it can be viewed as 5-5.

9)Kinda the same as the kenshi matchup imo AA can be invincible on startup and cut the distance if you're being zoned at the same time. But you're right he has some good strings, im thinking this is 5-5.

10)sheevs got nothing.

11)Glad im not the only one that thinks the same on this MU.

12) I don't know man i see this MU in smokes favor by a landslide. Now i get why people say he can't be shut down. He's got parry for nets, EX parry for pressure, tele punch if you're desperate, EX smoke away. I just don't think cyrax is that effective against him.

13)i was gonna say 4-6 but yeah i think this MU is hers.

NariTuba

disMember
Any ex move kenshi does will be caught in a net, a landed tele flurry is caught in the net . AA negates every zoning move he has at startup. I've never had any problem in this MU and i've played some really good kenshi players from here from TYM and cyrax to me dominates this MU.
You are saying that if you close the gap with AAt the spirit charge / downslash / rising karma wont land? (dont have much experience in this MU myself, but I heard arturo sanchez talk about the kenshi - cyrax as 5-5 which is why i put it in the updated list as such)

12) I don't know man i see this MU in smokes favor by a landslide. Now i get why people say he can't be shut down. He's got parry for nets, EX parry for pressure, tele punch if you're desperate, EX smoke away. I just don't think cyrax is that effective against him.
Parry for nets: dont throw nets... unless once in a blue moon at jump distance where he cant react to keep him on his toes.

Ex parry for pressure & telepunch: You need to pressure smoke by dashing in with d4... if you land it go for jabs into hit confirm. If he teleports your low hitbox will make it whiff, if he Exshakes d4 will stuff it. If he uses smoke away drop a bomb to keep him thinking. If he dares smoke towards you can use jabs into full combo. If you push him against the corner he might try to Exsmoke towards which is fine since he will spend the meter. If he gets you fullscreen use AAt to close the gap to 1/2 screen, then walk to dash distance. My friend whom i train with mains smoke and sektor, i feel these are the MUs i know best.