What's new

Cyrax 'makeshift vortex'

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Dammit this is the new tech i was featuring in my new vid..

Basically if you land the second net close to the ground (when there falling from a combo) it lasts longer and gives you time to dash up and poke or even throw!

If you time it right, they cant even duck the throw!

Human cyrax does this better because he recovers quicker after throwing out a net.

I showed some of this tech in round 5, but found a way to make it work midscreen.

i guess the cats out of the bag :(

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
How viable is F2 after a combo-ending Net in your experience, Mustard?
good for closing in the space if you REALLY wanna run zero risk of not making it to them in time, however f2 seems to be a high hitting move, and wont hit on crouching opponents, it doesnt hit on a crouching quan or sektor i know that much.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Dammit this is the new tech i was featuring in my new vid..

Basically if you land the second net close to the ground (when there falling from a combo) it lasts longer and gives you time to dash up and poke or even throw!

If you time it right, they cant even duck the throw!

Human cyrax does this better because he recovers quicker after throwing out a net.

I showed some of this tech in round 5, but found a way to make it work midscreen.

i guess the cats out of the bag :(

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
they can EX out of this stuff by the way.. still very usefull imo!
only if it has armour yeah, and even then its a huge mindfuck, if you think they will, bait and punish.

if they consistently escape it and you dont like going for it, go back to the old setups, or just mix them together

TONY-T

Mad scientist
i meant to showing it to the boards. and like i said, ive been testing this against players for a while, just to test its worth.
Its definetely worthy!

I may as well fast track my vid now. I stopped working on it 2 weeks ago as i was working on a new project. but its basically 98% done. there were just 2 more combos i was gonna add.

Ill try and get it up tonight.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Its definetely worthy!

I may as well fast track my vid now. I stopped working on it 2 weeks ago as i was working on a new project. but its basically 98% done. there were just 2 more combos i was gonna add.

Ill try and get it up tonight.
lol, no need to rush.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
21,net,JiP,b2~mid bomb bomb, far bomb, jump in with a kick or punch or dash and NJP... this gets me from 44% up to 58% against tech rolling happy people and everyone in general . Alternatively you can do far bomb first and then mid bomb as well.

It might not seem that good but it's been very effective for me...

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
For those of you who missed Dinks online tourney here is the link showing Mustard playing...

http://www.twitch.tv/ashenar/b/303840415

The matches start at 3:30 in the video.
thanks, i didnt even know if they were archived.

its actually a good set of matches for everyone to see what i mean, in the winners finals after being hit by it a few times and being hit by the 21's and command grabs i was doing, he realised he could crouch and uppercut me out, i began doing d4 into 3-saw, so he started blocking low and uppercutting my dash, so i then went d4 into net predicting the uppercut.

its a total mindfuck, and as they find new ways out you find new ways to keep them in, i actually owe a lot of my findings to dink, he literally tried every way possible to escape bar an enhanced skydrop, but i cant blame him, that move is dick.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
I use this all the time in the corner.

I like to end my 70% combos with a reset net, and usually follow up with 121net on hit, and 121 ragdoll on block.

Also, you always have meter with Cyrax... lol

[MENTION=6465]Mustard-LK4D4[/MENTION] - Learn to fish dawg! :D

Seapeople

This one's for you
I tried this tonight and it worked really well. I also like to use the 212 afterward in the corner as another setup.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
if everyone's already been doing it, then..

A. how come we havent seen anyone use it in tournament
B. why has it taken so long for someone to mention it here?

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
I use this all the time in the corner.

I like to end my 70% combos with a reset net, and usually follow up with 121net on hit, and 121 ragdoll on block.

Also, you always have meter with Cyrax... lol

[MENTION=6465]Mustard-LK4D4[/MENTION] - Learn to fish dawg! :D
im not sure you guys know 100% what im talking about, guess it doesnt help that i have no video but ill put some up today, if you go for 121 every time they will just crouch and poke you out. or uppercut if they're fast enough

TONY-T

Mad scientist
im not sure you guys know 100% what im talking about, guess it doesnt help that i have no video but ill put some up today, if you go for 121 every time they will just crouch and poke you out. or uppercut if they're fast enough

If you time the 1,2,1 correctly it cant be poked out of. its hard to time though.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
hmm.. well when im recording the vids later ill test it against every character first, just to see if theres any problems
testing in the corner is the easiest. you can even get throws. human does it the easiest as he recovers faster after throwing out the net. midscreen it works too, its just hard. if your gonna do pokes midscreen after the net, its probably safest to use 2,1.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
if the smoke combos are as you say inescapable,and they are created after the 1.05 patch,then you must have some serious problems........with your fingers,lol.what is this thing?you drive us crazy dude!!!!!!WELL DONE!!!!

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
testing in the corner is the easiest. you can even get throws. human does it the easiest as he recovers faster after throwing out the net. midscreen it works too, its just hard. if your gonna do pokes midscreen after the net, its probably safest to use 2,1.
no it isnt as 21 is high, 3 is much more realisitic as they cant just duck even if you mistime it, if you mess up the timing and they jump the 3-saw will still catch them.

i'll test it in the corner and midscreen against everyone, and see who can and cant duck