What's new

Cyrax General Discussion

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Wasn't really sure what the call this thread, but I found a GREAT render cut over at TRMK...

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
I find it weird that so far Cyrax has the only true command throw that isn't an x-ray, despite all of his moves looking like they cater to pure zoning.

/Random

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Mileena has a command throw(just not in the air) I'm sure others will too.

I like how they said it's unblockable Cyrax's.

I only wish his sticky bomb was unblockable...I know some people say "that would be broken" but not really, if you could duck, jump over it how would it be anymore broken then say an unblockable GP that you can spam? It is a sticky bomb afterall, the point of it is to stick but whatever lol...I'm fine with the straight out and it being blockable, just seems like a wasted Enhanced move if you think about it unless you're using it in a combo.

I will be picking Cyrax to learn on day 1, along with Jax and maybe one other. He looks great in this game, and from the looks of it he will be a very strong zoning character. Psyched!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Mileena has a command throw(just not in the air) I'm sure others will too.

I like how they said it's unblockable Cyrax's.

I only wish his sticky bomb was unblockable...I know some people say "that would be broken" but not really, if you could duck, jump over it how would it be anymore broken then say an unblockable GP that you can spam? It is a sticky bomb afterall, the point of it is to stick but whatever lol...I'm fine with the straight out and it being blockable, just seems like a wasted Enhanced move if you think about it unless you're using it in a combo.
Sticky bomb being unblockable is stupid. It is a projectile. That you can throw AFTER A KNOCKDOWN. Imagine how dumb that'd be.

shig

kool guy
Jax and Kabal seem to have command throws. Kung Lao sort of has one too, where he grabs your leg midcombo.

Does Scorpion's takedown count as a command throw?

MKF30

Sticky bomb being unblockable is stupid. It is a projectile. That you can throw AFTER A KNOCKDOWN. Imagine how dumb that'd be.
Like I said, if they were going to do it realistically it should be unblockable but since it's a straight projectile it is what it is....there's been worse moves in MK and other fighters more broken anyway, far worse lol.

But it's blockable anyway so no worries

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Jax and Kabal seem to have command throws. Kung Lao sort of has one too, where he grabs your leg midcombo.

Your right they are (scorpions too), but they are all blockable except for Cyrax's and Jax's X-ray as far as I know ATM(and I don't know how they are deciding who gets which type of command throw), generally I just call those auto-combos if they have those type of properties as they will mainly be used as combo enders unless their fast and safe (which will probably only be Gotcha!). Basically for damage, to put someone in the corner, or in the case of Kung Lao, pick one of three different positions and proceed to mix-up again. Cyrax is different, has a free guard breaker, and the ability to zone with three very useful looking tools and a teleport to escape pressure. Inside, not only do you have to worry about his lows and overheads, but now you have to be concerned about his un-techable, un-blockable CT. I know this was said back when he was revealed but it seems he can do anything.

MKF30

lol personally I'm fine with Cyrax for once being higher, he has been low in just about every game he's been in...about time he gets higher lol. :p maybe I'm biased because I like Cyrax I admit.[BANANA][/BANANA]

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
i wonder how he will use his bombs when his alternate human costume is selected. i saw that hes got some yellow grenades around his body. awesome alt costumes :D

REt0X

Noob
How will the net that comes out of Cyrax's chest work when he's in human form? I suppose he could just toss it. Not as cool!

alright i dont know why but when i hit someone with my net i am unable to throw bombs. if i hit someone from far away with a net than i cant throw any bombs till the net goes away and if i hit them close than i can only throw far bombs behind them. is this right or am i doing something wrong or what. am i the only one?

alright i dont know why but when i hit someone with my net i am unable to throw bombs. if i hit someone from far away with a net than i cant throw any bombs till the net goes away and if i hit them close than i can only throw far bombs behind them. is this right or am i doing something wrong or what. am i the only one?
same thing happens to me. Its pretty sure you can't throw bombs while they are netted cause that'd probably lead to infinites.

but none at all? they already have it so you an only throw so many bombs in a row. im wondering if it is something that needs to be fixed cause i can throw a far bomb if i net them close.

you know what, i remember reading some where that the projectiles in the game have a sort of cool down time. So you can't spam them. I think this is an instance of that. Cause i can throw a bomb while they are still netted even from fulls screen. You just have to wait a little bit.

This game is extremely tightly controlled, so much so that options that are normally possible are just removed when NetherRealms wanted them to be. Bomb after net is one example. If you net someone, you can't regular bomb them, NR literally just removed bomb from Cyrax's options when you have the opponent in a net.

You CAN still do an ex bomb though.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
This game is extremely tightly controlled, so much so that options that are normally possible are just removed when NetherRealms wanted them to be. Bomb after net is one example. If you net someone, you can't regular bomb them, NR literally just removed bomb from Cyrax's options when you have the opponent in a net.

You CAN still do an ex bomb though.
That's how it is in UMK3. The net disables the bombs, or rather, if the opponent is caught by the net it disables the usage of bombs. There's still bomb traps and set-ups though.

Greven

Noob
FYI if not known already
when you try to throw a bomb when they are disabled, u lose meter :(
no meter loss for disabled net though

MKF30

Really? That sucks ^ lol I didn't know that, but that's interesting. I loved Cyrax in UMK3 but am not feeling him in this game as much as I thought I would. His teleport is actually useful though this time around.

That kind of stinks that you lose meter if you toss a bomb disabled...

Dietician

Deep Animu

The only command throw in the game goes to Cyrax. Gotcha Grab (jax), Choke (kano), and Leaping Lunch (Mileena), etc. are just lock moves. Totally blockable. You can't breaker them, but they can't be comboed after. They also generally just do no damage (for real- prorate makes all the hits do 0% for kano/mileena (bug?)).
Jax and Kano have the same x-ray which is unblockable. Cage's x-ray is unblockable due to being a counter.

There's really no need for command throws in this game since the normal throws are so good, though.

The only command throw in the game goes to Cyrax. Gotcha Grab (jax), Choke (kano), and Leaping Lunch (Mileena), etc. are just lock moves. Totally blockable. You can't breaker them, but they can't be comboed after. They also generally just do no damage (for real- prorate makes all the hits do 0% for kano/mileena (bug?)).
Jax and Kano have the same x-ray which is unblockable. Cage's x-ray is unblockable due to being a counter.

There's really no need for command throws in this game since the normal throws are so good, though.
Jax and Kano both have mid body grabs, correct? So if you see them going for the X-Ray, can't you just duck without blocking to avoid it? Or is the only means of avoiding it moving out of the way? And Cage's X-Ray is unblockable, but being caught in his X-Ray is generally a mistake by you. He can't use it when you are mid combo, but he can sit until he sees you decide to make a move and just parry it. However, I tried to net Cage from a "close range" when he was in his X-Ray parry stance and...... bad news. How is Cyrax's net counted as an attack that can be parried? It left me very confused.

And no need for command throws? Maybe if Cyrax's bomb trap didn't exist..

hey am I seeing this or did NRS do another stealth update on PSN cus if the person is in the net already you cant throw a bomb behind them then standing 4 to launch with bomb or am i missing something?