What's new

Cyrax Combo Database

Eight

I am the salt
Does anyone happen to know if this works?

Close bomb, ragdoll, FP + FK

I'm wondering obviously if the air grab makes the opponent land on the bomb and bounce back up. Right now I'm using b + BP, dash, Fk, Fk, Net to punish teleport spamers. I'm looking into using this instead provided the timing works, with some very specific things in mind afterwards.
Not sure, Ill test it out in the lab and get back to you, matey.

Edit: Just tested it a bit.

It DOES work, but the timing is rather strict, you have to pull off the ragdoll near instantly after the bomb to catch the opponent on the explosion and bounce him back up, but its pretty easy to catch him with the anti air :)d:r:fp) after that.

Not sure, Ill test it out in the lab and get back to you, matey.

Edit: Just tested it a bit.

It DOES work, but the timing is rather strict, you have to pull off the ragdoll near instantly after the bomb to catch the opponent on the explosion and bounce him back up, but its pretty easy to catch him with the anti air :)d:r:fp) after that.
Sweet. Thanks man. how far away are you when you land and the bomb pops em up? I was thinking about doing close bomb,ragdoll, fk + fp, then b + BP, dash fk, fk, net, fk, fk, ragdoll. pretty sweet way to punish a teleport imo.

or with a meter, after the bomb pops em up, dash fk fk, sticky ( f f BL + BK), fk fk net.

would those work?

Eight

I am the salt
Sweet. Thanks man. how far away are you when you land and the bomb pops em up? I was thinking about doing close bomb,ragdoll, fk + fp, then b + BP, dash fk, fk, net, fk, fk, ragdoll. pretty sweet way to punish a teleport imo.

or with a meter, after the bomb pops em up, dash fk fk, sticky ( f f BL + BK), fk fk net.

would those work?
I'm assuming when you say fk+fp you're referring to Cyrax's anti-air throw, right?
When you land after the ragdoll, you should be far enough away to just be able to hit the anti-air without having to adjust spacing.

If so-
close bomb,ragdoll, fk + fp, then b + BP, dash fk, fk, net, fk, fk, ragdoll
the :l+:bp wouldn't work after the anti-air throw, because it splats the opponent down and out of immediate range of a :l+:bp. You could dash forward and try to tag them with it as they stand up, but they can guard it as they stand and it won't hit.

Instead, what about close bomb, ragdoll, fk fk~net them as they come down off the close bomb pop, then b + BP, dash fk fk ragdoll to end?

I'm assuming when you say fk+fp you're referring to Cyrax's anti-air throw, right?
When you land after the ragdoll, you should be far enough away to just be able to hit the anti-air without having to adjust spacing.

If so-

the :l+:bp wouldn't work after the anti-air throw, because it splats the opponent down and out of immediate range of a :l+:bp. You could dash forward and try to tag them with it as they stand up, but they can guard it as they stand and it won't hit.

Instead, what about close bomb, ragdoll, fk fk~net them as they come down off the close bomb pop, then b + BP, dash fk fk ragdoll to end?
Yea I'm referring to the AA throw. But now I'm confused. What I was originally asking is this. Can you close bomb, ragdoll, AA throw and have the throw land the opponent onto the bomb and bounce back up?

I wanted to know if you could bounce someone back up into the air with a close bomb instead of having the AA throw make them just hit the ground, then dash in and b + bp while they're on the way down.

If I understand what you're saying, it's that the ragdoll after the close bomb (without the AA throw) makes them pop back up?

Eight

I am the salt
Oh oh oh I see
my mistake, I thought by ragdoll, you meant the kick AND the ensuing throw you can do. No, I don't think the AA throw after just the ragdoll kick will land fast enough to catch the bomb explosion.

And yes the ragdoll with throw :)d:r:fk + throw) will get them to pop up off the close bomb.

Perfect. :)

I guess I thought "ragdoll" meant just the d f + FK. Apparently its the kick and the throw. I am unconfused.

Thanks again. This is what I wanted to hear.

I couldn't get this to work right. Like, I wasn't even close. The bomb was going off way too soon.

I've decided that it isn't really practical for online use.

Oh well. it was a greedy thought anyway. the current ways to punish a teleport are good enough.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Hi guys, im new to the forum. Im an Australian Cyrax player. Ive been playing fighting games for more then 10 years, tekken and MK. I noticed the discussion you were having and thought i might be able to contribute.

I made this cyrax combo movie wich think you may like.

REYTHEGREAT

Hey Tony what's up. Funny you posted here, I was watching your videos on YouTube 2 days ago lol. Good thing you signed to the site. Welcome.

Eight

I am the salt
I couldn't get this to work right. Like, I wasn't even close. The bomb was going off way too soon.

I've decided that it isn't really practical for online use.

Oh well. it was a greedy thought anyway. the current ways to punish a teleport are good enough.
Yeah, like I said- the timing is rea~lly strict on it. I was doing it maybe 1/20 times I tried it.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Tony-T ....Tony -t i think i used to chat with u a LOT on tekkenzaibatsu back i TTT and T4. I even Moderated TZ for like couple of months and then i quite Tekken. I was under the name (THE BEHOLDER)

Anyways, nice to see you Tony and Great combo video man! the Mid screen bomb reset combo is amazing! it actually opened my mind for idea's of bomb reset mid combos for a complete relaunch (working in the lab on them now).

i just noticed something and i didnt know that...Regular bombs Takes a bit of your EX meter if they are empty! doesnt work on empty net though >_>.....
Empty bomb* when u alrdy do a bomb and then u try the same exact bomb again, so it comes out empty. For example b,b+4 (bombs out), try to do it again and u will implode empty bomb. for each of those execution it will take a little bit of your ex meter

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Tony-T ....Tony -t i think i used to chat with u a LOT on tekkenzaibatsu back i TTT and T4. I even Moderated TZ for like couple of months and then i quite Tekken. I was under the name (THE BEHOLDER)

Anyways, nice to see you Tony and Great combo video man! the Mid screen bomb reset combo is amazing! it actually opened my mind for idea's of bomb reset mid combos for a complete relaunch (working in the lab on them now).

i just noticed something and i didnt know that...Regular bombs Takes a bit of your EX meter if they are empty! doesnt work on empty net though >_>.....
Empty bomb* when u alrdy do a bomb and then u try the same exact bomb again, so it comes out empty. For example b,b+4 (bombs out), try to do it again and u will implode empty bomb. for each of those execution it will take a little bit of your ex meter
I remember you man! wassup!

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Hey man :) nice to see you too Tony. am all good here, how bout u?
MK scene is hype huh? lol ...i really luv this game man.

anyways take care man and show us some more sick stuff! cyrax is a beast!