What's new

Cyrax Combo Database

Milk

Snake eyes
I wanna' see what this bot is capable of. I like the 1 meter bnb, but, I need something more. Help me out guys.

Eight

I am the salt
wow that's amazing, but did they patch it where if you do a net again they'll break out of it?
I think they did? For the life of me, I cannot get that last net off after the last two FKs. Been trying in practice all day.

DBAG GOD

Noob
thanks again for the video post

I've tried double nets before I've seen this video today.. prior to watching the vid the double nets haven't worked for me.

I read on the youtube comments of this video and the poster said, they patched it. automatic updates if you go online.

but the set-ups still work which is great. I'll test out and see which one still works.

Eight

I am the salt
Ahh bummer. Welp!

I just stick X-Y-X in at the end, 41% meterless. Still pretty damn good.

Sprint

Noob
Everything in the video is post-patch and still works.

Before the patch you could just do Jab, Net, Whiff a move, repeat until dead. This is what has been removed.

Basically, instead of just fixing the whiff reset glitch and being done with it, the infinite was instead removed by giving Cyrax's net a cooldown time. So you can still do the whiff reset, but the cooldown time stops you crom comboing straight back into another net until later on in the combo.

I've no idea what the hell they were thinking with that one.

Milk

Snake eyes
Everything in the video is post-patch and still works.

Before the patch you could just do Jab, Net, Whiff a move, repeat until dead. This is what has been removed.

Basically, instead of just fixing the whiff reset glitch and being done with it, the infinite was instead removed by giving Cyrax's net a cooldown time. So you can still do the whiff reset, but the cooldown time stops you crom comboing straight back into another net until later on in the combo.

I've no idea what the hell they were thinking with that one.
Me either. I need to try this really bad.

zYn

Noob
I'm having a hard time getting out bombs without dashing thanks that gosh darn double tap. Any suggestions? Every time I try to buffer the bomb, it doesn't seem to come out because afaik you can't buffer specials from specials.

Any help/tips?

Porter

Noob
I'm having a hard time getting out bombs without dashing thanks that gosh darn double tap. Any suggestions? Every time I try to buffer the bomb, it doesn't seem to come out because afaik you can't buffer specials from specials.

Any help/tips?
hold block

Kiefka

Noob
So with the bomb trap combo, I am now basically constant until neutral jump BP into <-BP (the overhead with a bomb), a almost never get the 2 hits from this, any advice? Or is there a alternative to extend this combo.

Eight

I am the salt
So with the bomb trap combo, I am now basically constant until neutral jump BP into <-BP (the overhead with a bomb), a almost never get the 2 hits from this, any advice? Or is there a alternative to extend this combo.
You want to wait until you see them bounce off the floor, or you'll only hit them with the bomb and not the explosion, which won't re-bounce them. If they aren't bouncing from the <-BP, try waiting longer.

After the rebounce, dash in and hit em with a string. I like to just use FP-BP-FP.

Kiefka

Noob
This worked great, now its pretty easy. Any advice for comboing after xray? does fp-bp-fp lead to net so I can go to xray after it?

Eight

I am the salt
After X-ray you can dash in and hit with a fast string, but you have to be like lightning.

If you want to net at the end, go with FK-FK~net instead of FP-BP-FP
I dont usually try for the end net because the timing is pretty strict and really hard to pull off online.

Kiefka

Noob
I can't do some of the more advanced combos, but I found in non laggy sistuations ex bomb x3 does more dmg than using the xray in the bomb bomb trap ( bp fp bp fp Nj bp <-bp exbomb exbomb exbomb uppercut), additionally I would be willing to bet that this does way more dmg in the corner going into fk fk net followed up by other stuff. Maybe someone with good execution can test?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I can't do some of the more advanced combos, but I found in non laggy sistuations ex bomb x3 does more dmg than using the xray in the bomb bomb trap ( bp fp bp fp Nj bp <-bp exbomb exbomb exbomb uppercut), additionally I would be willing to bet that this does way more dmg in the corner going into fk fk net followed up by other stuff. Maybe someone with good execution can test?
Well yeah, of course it does more damage. With the X-Ray though, it's unbreakable. That's the perk of doing the X-Ray.

Kiefka

Noob
It seems important than for people in tournament to remember to switch over to this if the opponent does not have meter, as the execution is simple. Also, it might be worth it to bait breaker, but who doesn't break the bomb trap at the start and waits until that point to break?

Similarly I am finding often if the opponent tries to jump I think during blockstun of bp bp into bomb, that my neutral bp ends the combo. Is this just a lack of execution timing? Do some of the other strings alleviate this issue? I don't have a sparring partner and its hard to test this on my own =/

Edit: And maybe obvious, but if you throw a bomb after you kill but before the round ends it can help you change position for the start of the next match.

Sprint

Noob
Only combo into XRay if it's going to kill them, otherwise it's a complete waste of meter.

The next time you hit them; instant breaker.
The next time they hit you; pain.

Just let them break and take the meter advantage. You're going to have to hit them again anyway, so you may as well increase your chances of being the one doing the hitting by sitting on a ton of meter.

If you really want to stop someone from breaking, throw EX Nets in your combos.

Eight

I am the salt
Similarly I am finding often if the opponent tries to jump I think during blockstun of bp bp into bomb, that my neutral bp ends the combo. Is this just a lack of execution timing? Do some of the other strings alleviate this issue? I don't have a sparring partner and its hard to test this on my own =/
I get this too, but its only happened to me online so I attribute it to lag giving the opponent a brief moment to react between the bomb getting out and the dash forward. Its pretty annoying, but not game-breaking. I can also see how not being johnny on the spot with execution of the dash-BP-BP would give them enough time to get a button press in.

Dusk

Noob
whoever made that first or second post needs to make a list of combos with damages and inputs you know, like all the other combo threads... just saying.
cyrax seems like he has shit damage without using meter and xrays.

Eight

I am the salt
There are combos written out in the guide.

My standard BnB though is:
:l+:fp :bp:fp:bp, mid bomb :)r:r:bk), dash :bp:bp, njP, :l+:bp, dash, :fp:bp:fp
Does about 39%-ish meterless if opponent doesn't block any of it.

Does anyone happen to know if this works?

Close bomb, ragdoll, FP + FK

I'm wondering obviously if the air grab makes the opponent land on the bomb and bounce back up. Right now I'm using b + BP, dash, Fk, Fk, Net to punish teleport spamers. I'm looking into using this instead provided the timing works, with some very specific things in mind afterwards.