What's new

Breakthrough Cyborg Midscreen OTG and Corner Crossup

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Thanks for the Vids @Dark Kent!

I have discussed the OTG before and missile/ grapple corner setup before as well as a bit in my guide. (Probably why some people find it familiar). But there is an obvious benefit to having videos that make tech more known and tangible to learn. I have very much doubted that only but a few Cyborg players have read through my tech/guide stuff lol

Also, grapplej2-B3 is interruptible. I try and hit confirm with j2-3xxMBWallbounce for people who are good at blocking it. The bonus to this is if they do block you are at frame advantage from a blocked 3

The missile set ups are kind of a bill (Although I do have some new midscreen setup that are not half bad). Anyways, I am always happy to see people trying to flesh out the borg no matter what! (Although, I was hoping @SonicFox5000 would give me some top 10 Joker tech :p )

Also, lol at the second half of this thread being about Shazam tech. Poor Cyborg :(

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Thanks for the Vids @Dark Kent!

I have discussed the OTG before and missile/ grapple corner setup before as well as a bit in my guide. (Probably why some people find it familiar). But there is an obvious benefit to having videos that make tech more known and tangible to learn. I have very much doubted that only but a few Cyborg players have read through my tech/guide stuff lol

Also, grapplej2-B3 is interruptible. I try and hit confirm with j2-3xxMBWallbounce for people who are good at blocking it. The bonus to this is if they do block you are at frame advantage from a blocked 3

The missile set ups are kind of a bill (Although I do have some new midscreen setup that are not half bad). Anyways, I am always happy to see people trying to flesh out the borg no matter what! (Although, I was hoping @SonicFox5000 would give me some top 10 Joker tech :p )

Also, lol at the second half of this thread being about Shazam tech. Poor Cyborg :(
Please do make separate threads for cool bits of tech. When I see guides I'm thinking it just covers the basics, so I browse through the character forums for specific setups. Since the last active thread I saw was "CYBORG FORUMS PLEASE DON'T DIE! :(" I thought you guys needed help xD.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
It's a catch 22. Yes, you've seen it, but it's not the only corner shenanigan. Giving your opponent more to think about can be a good thing because they have to make a split decision between several options, and that's when conditioning comes in. You analyze their blocking habits and adjust accordingly. I've seen most of Qwark's Joker setups and I can guarantee that I'll be hit by all of them, because I'm still unfamiliar with fighting the character. 9/10 times in tournament when fighting 1 of 2 offline Cyborgs, people's reaction will be "Oh God, what do I do?" Just because you've seen a setup does not mean you'll block it every time, which brings us to Saucy Jack's call out of TYM: http://testyourmight.com/threads/saucy-jack-is-giving-away-money.42468/
True, except knowing what Joker can do in the corner means you will clash every single time you get there. Not knowing means you might let it rock and eat 75% or more while waiting for a way out (I saw this happen multiple times at CW).
Same thing with this. This mixed with Cyborg's already high corner damage means I will clash as soon as I get to the corner, but even if I can't clash, this will not EVER take me by surprise and instead at worst becomes a 50/50.

That is not really a good thing.

That said, I love that you guys are throwing out tech for me to use/learn. I know I'm using that Joker block infinite a lot more than I thought I would. That said I've put in way way WAAAAAY too much time and effort into finding things for my character to give the knowledge out to my opponents for free before I've even had a chance to take advantage of it.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
True, except knowing what Joker can do in the corner means you will clash every single time you get there. Not knowing means you might let it rock and eat 75% or more while waiting for a way out (I saw this happen multiple times at CW).
Same thing with this. This mixed with Cyborg's already high corner damage means I will clash as soon as I get to the corner, but even if I can't clash, this will not EVER take me by surprise and instead at worst becomes a 50/50.

That is not really a good thing.

That said, I love that you guys are throwing out tech for me to use/learn. I know I'm using that Joker block infinite a lot more than I thought I would. That said I've put in way way WAAAAAY too much time and effort into finding things for my character to give the knowledge out to my opponents for free before I've even had a chance to take advantage of it.
I think the best way to level up is to show everyone how to beat you and overcome the adjustments. If you're worried about being figured out, then it isn't really solid play that's getting you by-it's relying on the unknown. A prime example would be FChamp in 2012 streaming his gameplay for 10 hours a day and still managing to win EVO. But do what you've got to do to win. It is a competition after all.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I think the best way to level up is to show everyone how to beat you and overcome the adjustments. If you're worried about being figured out, then it isn't really solid play that's getting you by-it's relying on the unknown. A prime example would be FChamp in 2012 streaming his gameplay for 10 hours a day and still managing to win EVO. But do what you've got to do to win. It is a competition after all.
I show all of my local competition how to beat everything I have. I do not however want to show everyone else everything I have.
All of my local players know Joker better than they ever wanted to, and I in turn know how to blow up their ways of escaping my setups.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Joker can't win if he's figured out and the player has a solid defense. He's a gimmick based character.