What's new

cR Sonic Fox Wins MKXL at Final Round 19

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
So... cR Sonic Fox takes Mortal Kombat XL at Final Round 19! This was the very first major tournament after the release of Mortal Kombat XL featuring all available DLC. Players from all across the US were represented including past EVO champs. Below is the Top 8 results and who all was used:

• cR Dragon (Alien/Tarkatan) vs YOMI Slayer (Kungo Lao/Tempest) 3-0
  • cR Sonic Fox (Alien/Acidic, Cassie Cage/Hollywood, Erron Black/Gunslinger) vs Lord pNUT (Kotal Kahn/War God) 1-3
  • Coosco (Sonya/Covert Ops) vs YOMI Michaelangelo (Quan Chi/Summoner) 1-3
  • YOMI DJT (Kung Jin/Shaolin) vs VGP Omnious (Jax/Wrestler/Heavy Weapons) 3-1
  • YOMI MIchaelangelo (Johnny Cage/A-List) vs YOMI Slayer (Kung Jin/Shaolin) ???
  • YOMI DJT (Kung Jin/Shaolin) vs cR Sonic Fox (Erron Black/Gunslinger) 1-3
  • cR Sonic Fox (Erron Black/Gunslinger) vs YOMI Slayer (Kung Jin/Shaolin) 3-2
  • Lord pNUT (Kotal Kahn/War God) vs cR Dragon (Alien/Tarkatan) 2-3
  • Lord pNUT (Kotal Kahn/War God) vs cR Sonic Fox (Erron Black/Gunslinger) 2-3
  • cR Sonic Fox (Alien/Acidic) vs cR Dragon (Alien/Tarkatan, Tanya/Kobu Jutsu) 3-0, RESET and WINS
Top 32 Results for MKXL @ FR19 (Thanks to @Gweedo888!!)

MKXL_Top32_FR19.png

Special thanks to www.dynamicbeadworks.com (@dynamicbeadwork) for contributing a $600 pot bonus!

Attachments

Last edited:

Solignac

Noob
I don’t know if it was because the music was turned down or the crowd was non-existent but that GF was as quiet and un-hype as a billiards tournament. *KP softly whispers* “There is acid, there is acid just absolutely everywhere”

Last edited:

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
The only reason there was an alien mirror in grand finals was due to necessity. Sonic didn't really need to use alien to get to grand finals, but once there he was aware that the only way to defeat alien.........is with alien.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Grats to Pnut, Fox, and everyone else in top 8.

Shame NRS didn't learn the lessons from Tanyer.

Maybe Injustice 2 will be fun to watch?
It is fun to watch for most chars once it's not just dumb Rekka Rinse and repeat chars to make it boring

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
A thousand congrats to the Fox.
Props to everyone in Top 8.
Gods be with us all if or when Alien is more thoroughly figured out and this game ends up with a guest character as its #1.
I personally don't care either way (I play Leatherface for fuck's sake), but I can definitely see the future getting real ugly, real fast as far as the player base's collective approach.

That being said, this was a really solid tournament competition wise, with nowhere near the amount of broken chaos we had all worried about, and hyper than life moments from players like Killtron and JagoBlake all over the place.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
You know a character is broke when Sonic Fox of all people counterpicks that character with a mirror match. Suprisingly tho I was hype to see Dragon pull out nerfed Tanya and do just fine with her. Goes to show she is not dead and still viable.