What's new

Question - Ermac Could this Ermac fan-art by known NRS Senior Artist be a taste of what we could expect in MKX?

.....First off, it's not lazy, it's going back to its roots. They could very easily just not put anything in the place of those costumes. They're generous when they do that. Secondly, I like you you seem to want to force the fact that you like the costumes on others that don't. It's nice to know that you like the costume, I love it too. Don't go saying that people are "blowing it off" though. They may just not like it. Maybe they just like going back to the roots. MAYBE they just think the ninja costumes look cooler (and I'll argue that they might, even though I love the above).
"Going back to roots" is a poor substitute for taste. It's liking a costume because it's old, rather than because it is well designed.

And remember, the roots weren't there because they wanted it that way. It was a forced limitation that they would rather not have had.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
OMFG, son.

In ONE day I just got TJ Combo and Ermac confirmed (pretty much). Today is a good day to be a fighting game fan.

Fuck, he looks so badass. Like Scarecrow from Batman or something.

Everyone complaining about this look has poor taste - bottom line. Why don't they just use palette swaps for EVERYONE in the game, eh? NRS is making Ermac a complete separate character. I LOVE the direction they're taking with him. I hope Noob looks just as different as Ermac does (if they indeed are both in the game).

Soooooo badass.

Decay

King of the Bill
My favorite ermac design so far. The newer story arcs lately have him less of a ninja and more like a dark spirit sorcerer so this looks more appropriate. I'm not a fan of any of the mk9 designs, they look so terrible with random spikes and bad haircuts. Totally excited for a new darker and more realistic look, like the way scorpion looks in the trailer

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
"Going back to roots" is a poor substitute for taste. It's liking a costume because it's old, rather than because it is well designed.

And remember, the roots weren't there because they wanted it that way. It was a forced limitation that they would rather not have had.
WRONG. Just flat out wrong.

I do not prefer the older costumes b/c they are "old". My favorite costume for ermac is his MK9 primary.

However, I would take any other ermac costume over the one in the OP as I do not care for any aspect of that costume, to me... it's just ugly.

I get your point about the limitations and yeah that's fine that they HAD to make them that way, but saying everyone likes them b/c of that's how they used to be is just putting words into people's mouths.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
While this costume looks very awesome, ask yourself this: can you really see Ermac in this costume punching, kicking and jumping? Unless his playstyle turns into special move-oriented and he's a super Kenshi-like zoner, I can't see this costume fit well.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
It looks great, but I understand the critics about him resembling scarecrow, I'm sure he will have at least one alternate costume if not more so it's not a big deal, plus it looks awesome, c'mon men. Ermac is a ninja but in MK9 he was portrait more as a sorcerer or something like that, like a different entity, not your average ninja, so I think the costume will fit him.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
While this costume looks very awesome, ask yourself this: can you really see Ermac in this costume punching, kicking and jumping? Unless his playstyle turns into special move-oriented and he's a super Kenshi-like zoner, I can't see this costume fit well.
It looks like a step up from ermac's mk9 alternate costume with the hood. It could work.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Yes, because change clearly hasn't happened before or anything...:rolleyes:

They've changed quite a bit. From 3-D playing, to story telling, to adventures, to weapon styles, to fighting styles, to X-Rays, to enhanced moves, to different alities, to rage, to crossovers.....they've changed a lot. That argument seems ridiculous to me.

Not saying you were arguing either, lol. That seemed a little harsh, but 'twas not intended that way.
I was talking about character design and lazy palette swaps, not game mechanics Einstein.

Why do people wan't pallet swaps? Aren't you tired of that for 20 years. SF is fun because they have unique looking characters.