What's new

Connecting to Online Issues

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Thank you for that. Have been meaning to do the same so people actually understand what the issue is. Although 5min wait at connecting to online screen pretty much explains it.

At this stage the most annoying thing is that there is just silence, no official or even non-official response from NRS or WBgames about this, nothing on the WB forums either - that is what stinks. Right now i'd settle for a "we know about the problem and are working on it." Even better if they could offer an expected fix date.

I don't want to seem like an entitled brat, but i'd be hoping for some free DLC for us poor schmucks that have to deal with this. Online is everything nowadays, even with MKX's not so stellar online play, to essentially not be able to play online is grounds for a refund. I'm tempted to dump the Xbox and go to PS, but I don't think they deserve my money again.
At best what you'll get is 10000 koins :DOGE

ive just been talking to a guy from NRS and its the trevark sumthing at the menu screen when we get numbers thats microsoft so NRS has no control over the trevarck they said its microsofts fault and there is no sighn or fix any were near we are fucked

its the trevark sumthing at the menu screen
Can you elaborate on that? Googled it and nothing comes up related to anything game related.

Assuming that is an Xbox issue, then i'm going to contact Xbox support and see what they say. But i'm almost certain that they're going to say it's a thirdparty game and you need to contact them for support.

Contacted Xbox support, but as expected they don't have much to offer. Pretty much saying "if the box is working elsewhere, then it's a game problem. We only provide the multiplayer matchmaking stuff, everything else is upto the devs... etc"

Contacted Xbox support, but as expected they don't have much to offer. Pretty much saying "if the box is working elsewhere, then it's a game problem. We only provide the multiplayer matchmaking stuff, everything else is upto the devs... etc"
well i dunu what way we can go beacuse neither are on to this so i dont think this is going anywhere soon but message
shogunoflive, he can eplain it better

but its more of a patch by microsoft when we load up
So just a thought, if it's an MS thing then why don't MS know about it (admittedly i was chatting with a level 1 tech... so they probably don't know much anyway).

And again, if it's an MS thing, has NRS informed them? Why can't someone say here what the issue is so we can start pestering MS (who's issue it apparently is) instead of NRS?

Has anyone tried a full system reset? I doubt it would work, but it's probably about the only thing that I haven't tried. If I didn't have to DL 150gb+ on a 8mb connection I would've done it already.

So just a thought, if it's an MS thing then why don't MS know about it (admittedly i was chatting with a level 1 tech... so they probably don't know much anyway).

And again, if it's an MS thing, has NRS informed them? Why can't someone say here what the issue is so we can start pestering MS (who's issue it apparently is) instead of NRS?

Has anyone tried a full system reset? I doubt it would work, but it's probably about the only thing that I haven't tried. If I didn't have to DL 150gb+ on a 8mb connection I would've done it already.
they said tickets have been wrote to microsoft but its defo this screen thing from microsoft

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I don't know if it's coincidential but I can't log into my main XBL account (the one I used to send in a Bug Report and who is also a Preview Program member) but can log into my other accounts. Sadly, the issue persists on my other accounts as well.

So not only can I not play MKX but I can't even play my other games without restarting from the beginning Shake My Motherfucking Head

NRS said they have only small number of reports but thats more then enoghf to at least look into in 3 weeks is disturbing
For every person that's posted here, there's probably at least twice as many on the WBgames forums plus other game forums out there. And i wouldn't be surprised if there is at least twice as many again that have dumped the game and not even worried about posting or reporting it.

Out of the millions sold, sure it's probably small, but doesn't mean should be swept under the rug. Given what you've been saying it at least looks like they are aware, but as far as fixing seems as it's been handed off to MS. So who do we complain to at MS...

If they want more info, then i'm more than happy to help out. Tag me on TYM, send me a PM, send an XBL message.

For every person that's posted here, there's probably at least twice as many on the WBgames forums plus other game forums out there. And i wouldn't be surprised if there is at least twice as many again that have dumped the game and not even worried about posting or reporting it.

Out of the millions sold, sure it's probably small, but doesn't mean should be swept under the rug. Given what you've been saying it at least looks like they are aware, but as far as fixing seems as it's been handed off to MS. So who do we complain to at MS...

If they want more info, then i'm more than happy to help out. Tag me on TYM, send me a PM, send an XBL message.
ive droped mk just orderd witcher 3 ill never buy NRS games no more

Drew9795

Noob
I only randomly get disconnected mid match when I'm playing on xbox. Also I have problems connecting to players when it says I found an opponent.

Last edited:
So ive started mkx yesterday after about 3 weeks of not playing and i get the same issue that its stuck on the connecting to online.
Ive hard rest my xbox and it still didnt work. After one more try of restarting my xbox it suddenly worked just fine. Played a match against a random guy and then against a friend for about 2 hours. After we finished our set sadly it turned back to getting stuck on connecting to online. Im really frustrated with this not only it the online experience below average but now i cant even play at all. Mkx hast been a huge dissapointment for me because my only source of play is online. Anyways guys hope this is fixed soon.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
So ive started mkx yesterday after about 3 weeks of not playing and i get the same issue that its stuck on the connecting to online.
Ive hard rest my xbox and it still didnt work. After one more try of restarting my xbox it suddenly worked just fine. Played a match against a random guy and then against a friend for about 2 hours. After we finished our set sadly it turned back to getting stuck on connecting to online. Im really frustrated with this not only it the online experience below average but now i cant even play at all. Mkx hast been a huge dissapointment for me because my only source of play is online. Anyways guys hope this is fixed soon.
Probably won't get fixed 'cause NRS just plays the blaming game instead of their online team getting their shit together

Best we can do is get support and get noticed but since it's such a small portion of the players I don't think it'll happen
Theres no real incentive to fix it honestly, such a small number of complaints and since it's 3 months from launch they're probably going to patch the game a few more times and abandon it just like they did with MK9 and IGAU. The online being even worse for this game astounds me lol

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Theres no real incentive to fix it honestly, such a small number of complaints and since it's 3 months from launch they're probably going to patch the game a few more times and abandon it just like they did with MK9 and IGAU. The online being even worse for this game astounds me lol
I don't think I've ever had my hopes crushed this bad ever. For a game to have an online as bad as this just seems so unrealistic considering the facts that it's a nextgen title, it should have been an improvement over Injustice not a step back, and online Fighting Games nowadays run smoothly online

If I were to go back in time and meet myself from last year, I wouldn't believe that the netcode would be worse than Injustice