What's new

Connecting to Online Issues

serious guys what we guna do i feel like i have put so much effort in this mk i love the franchise but to sit trying for 4 weeks everday trust me i have i dont see no way out ther not guna patch this when predotor comes even tremor

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
serious guys what we guna do i feel like i have put so much effort in this mk i love the franchise but to sit trying for 4 weeks everday trust me i have i dont see no way out ther not guna patch this when predotor comes even tremor
NRS be like: "No fix. The only way to play this game is to buy a PS4"

This game might as well be a PS4 exclusive with how poorly every other version works

just want to update you guys i was talking to microsoft for nearly 2 hours whent through my accont i told them what was going on they told me to do all the bullshit test but they said its defo the devolpers fault and they will be working on a patch lol so no ppl its not microsoft its NRS fault trying to blame any 1 smhhh

Either get a better router, or better internet provider.
Buddy, maybe read the thread and understand what is going on before making pointless posts.

Xbox is online and all tests checkout OK.
All other games work online.
Streaming media works.
Net works on all other devices connected to router.
MKX worked fine UNTIL the Tanya patch/update.
AFTER the Tanya patch/update, MKX can connect after a ludicrously long wait time, and normally at random times.

Solution - GET A BETTER ROUTER & NEW ISP!!!

Yep, that makes sense!!

EDITED for extra clarity

Last edited:
ok. everyday i check this post to see if there is news of a fix. there never is. everyday i put the disc in hoping it magically works never does. im looking at the damn connect screen right now. its nice to know the 1st thing on there mind is to nerf the fuck out of Tanya rather than make the game work for everyone. They probably buffed her into oblivion to boost dlc sales. predator will not be op because has a fanbase. tremor will be op for 1 month then nerfs. we are the minority so just tells us to open our nat or whatever. im done. i tried to play in these conditions. you have to be insane to play like this. i feel robbed. Im giving up. They dont deserve our time anymore. its been a month. Never in my life have i had such a problem with any game. Fuck these guys.

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
on the ps4, if you have connecting problems try this:

Change mtu value to 1450 (from 1500) in the network settings...

Going back to the wrong version thing. That doesn't make sense to me.

So far we've seen two different versions, damo's and mine/Frauds, both dodgy - how many versions are there? It seems neither of these are correct?

I can't quite figure out how this came to be. Did NRS release more than one version to the update server, then some unlucky people got the dodgy release? Assuming that is the case:
Why when you delete/reinstall does it not update correctly using the most recent good patch? Possibly related to save data?
Why is it only affecting some people? All these people were "lucky" enough to download the wrong version?
What's the common factor?
Sometimes the game works fine, how can that be if the version didn't change? Looks more to be how the game is connecting to the nrs servers rather than anything related to the actual bits on the system.
Much of this points to other factors and not the patch/version. Although all of this is just speculation, we don't have the info that NRS does, but there's so many questions.. and to date 1 response about it possibly being related to a wrong version??

Something that I just thought of, assuming a clean update downloads the correct version. Delete the game, create a new profile (or using one that hasn't seen MKX before), install/update and check the version. Assuming that it's not checking the save data for previous versions there's no reason why it shouldn't download the correct version of the update.

At this stage i'm holding out for the Predator patch to see what happens. Going to delete the game and reinstall/update hopefully removing any bad data on the system, at least that's the theory...

And then of course there is always the possibility it was fixed in this next update - it does mention bug fixes on the PS4 patch notes.

So far we've seen two different versions, damo's and mine/Frauds, both dodgy - how many versions are there? It seems neither of these are correct?

I can't quite figure out how this came to be. Did NRS release more than one version to the update server, then some unlucky people got the dodgy release? Assuming that is the case:
Why when you delete/reinstall does it not update correctly using the most recent good patch? Possibly related to save data?
Why is it only affecting some people? All these people were "lucky" enough to download the wrong version?
Sometimes the game works fine, how can that be if the version didn't change? Looks more to be how the game is connecting to the nrs servers rather than anything related to the actual bits on the system.
Much of this points to other factors and not the patch/version. Although all of this is just speculation, we don't have the info that NRS does, but there's so many questions.. and to date 1 response about it possibly being related to a wrong version??

Something that I just thought of, assuming a clean update downloads the correct version. Delete the game, create a new profile (or using one that hasn't seen MKX before), install/update and check the version. Assuming that it's not checking the save data for previous versions there's no reason why it shouldn't download the correct version of the update.

At this stage i'm holding out for the Predator patch to see what happens. Going to delete the game and reinstall/update hopefully removing any bad data on the system, at least that's the theory...

And then of course there is always the possibility it was fixed in this next update - it does mention bug fixes on the PS4 patch notes.

i do feel its this thing at menu by NRS microsoft walked me through everything they said its the game devolper issue and that they will be working on a patch but im lost like u dunu what more to do

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Venom and Damo, your messages have been deleted and warnings issued as necessary. Please refrain from the bullshit.

So ive deleted the game and everting relaed to it even my saved data but after reinstall its still broken.
I really hope the fix this even its only happening to a small amout of people. Ive paid my 60$ like everbody else.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I have a quick question for you guys. Have you installed your game on the xbox internal hard drive or are you using an external hard drive? I am wondering why some of us experience this, while others do not.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I wonder if region locking the game on XBone would have solved some things. Strange to see people complaining here though, I was at my friends house last night and he was getting ranked matches faster than I do on my PS4, using an XBone. But then again, his internet is insanely good...

I have a quick question for you guys. Have you installed your game on the xbox internal hard drive or are you using an external hard drive? I am wondering why some of us experience this, while others do not.
Internal. That is the million dollar question, why is it so random... or is it? And if it's not, what it is the common factor with everyone that does get it.

I wonder if region locking the game on XBone would have solved some things. Strange to see people complaining here though, I was at my friends house last night and he was getting ranked matches faster than I do on my PS4, using an XBone.
I can't see it related to that. Yesterday it was working flawlessly for the hour or so that I was on. Again, the problem isn't connecting to people (unless they're a million miles away) it's actually connecting to NRS servers in the first place. It's like it tries to make the connection... forgets about the attempt then 5 minutes later realises "oh yeah, I was logging you in to the server, there you go".

Exactly. It used to work flawless from launch till about 4 days ago when i downloaded the latest patch. I have not played for about 3 weeks before i downloaded the patch so i dont know if it would have affected me earlier. Also randomly it decides to work for a couple matches.

I made a new account and surprise, it worked for a couple hours only to go back to shit as soon as I took a break and got back on. I'm so tired of this shit, honestly like they don't even give a fuck either. They won't comment on the issue at all, thanks a lot for caring about your fucking fans NRS.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Has anyone tried to reset their X1 into factory default? I can handle re-installing MKX but I'm part of the Xbox Preview Program and I don't want to risk losing that.

Has anyone tried to reset their X1 into factory default? I can handle re-installing MKX but I'm part of the Xbox Preview Program and I don't want to risk losing that.
ive fixed mine what it was im shareing gold but when i looked at subscription it said no gold but i could play games online ive just bought 3 month gold its back to normal connect scrren not even ther a second make sure you look to see if you have gold this has fixed mine straight away

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
ive fixed mine what it was im shareing gold but when i looked at subscription it said no gold but i could play games online ive just bought 3 month gold its back to normal connect scrren not even ther a second make sure you look to see if you have gold this has fixed mine straight away
Update me on when it goes back to hell. I'm sure it will