What's new

Connecting to Online Issues

So recently I have noticed a huge change (increase) in the time it takes to connect online and also the length of time it takes to update game data. I can be sat on the "Connecting to Online" screen for upwards of 5 minutes before actually getting in. I was curious as to whether anyone else was experiencing this. Playing on the Xbone if that makes a difference.

Reactions: Grr

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
So recently I have noticed a huge change (increase) in the time it takes to connect online and also the length of time it takes to update game data. I can be sat on the "Connecting to Online" screen for upwards of 5 minutes before actually getting in. I was curious as to whether anyone else was experiencing this. Playing on the Xbone if that makes a difference.
I have the same issues, online matches have gotten noticeably worse as well

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I'm going to bump this thread and @One Trick Pony I suggest you change the title to something that will catch the eye better because this is a huge problem right now.

It's taking me literally a minimum of 5 minutes to connect to online now and I'm having issues to connect with people and EVEN WHEN I DO, the actual game has a delay of, I shit you not, 120 frames.

I wish this was a problem on my end so I can find a way to fix it but I've tried restarting the game (multiple times), restarting my internet and rebooting my xbox and the problem is still there. I even checked on Xbox One's network statistics to see if it was a connection issue but my NAT type is open and I have 0% packet loss. I'm even thinking of maybe re-installing MKX and I just want to make sure for the last time if this is just me, a select few, or everyone on Xbox Live. I also can play other games on XBL with 0 issues whatsoever.

Whatever the fuck is going on, I can only wish it to be fixed soon. The online in this game was already BARELY playable on the most looss use of the term and now it's entering the realm of literally unplayable.

Suuuuuuuuuuuper salty.

/endrant

@imblackjames @FOREVER EL1TE @Matador Fiend @Killjoy McGee

Tagging a few people from my friends list to see if they have the same problem. And James, whom I've been playing with in MK9 before I even joined TYM had no problems connecting with until now.

I'm going to bump this thread and @One Trick Pony I suggest you change the title to.

Suuuuuuuuuuuper salty.

/endrant

@imblackjames @FOREVER EL1TE @Matador Fiend @Killjoy McGee

Tagging a few people from my friends list to see if they have the same problem. And James, whom I've been playing with in MK9 before I even joined TYM had no problems connecting with until now.
I never had any problems with connecting at all, or loading times.. If anything, check y'all RAMs.. If all else fail, just uninstall

Ha at check the ram there shouldn't be a reason why a console would try to use to much. It will only allow you to do so many things at once anyway just saying. But anyway my point is I have same issues and Im on ps4 when I try to find players to match up againts or do ranked it rarely finds someone. I have to go to the chatrooms and challenge people only way I can play people. Mybe the match making trying find a good connection and just taking to long in matching me up when I search ranked or player vs player. So its probably just the game and yes it has 120ms lag online just like any other game online it has have sum but for some reason they like it high lol.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Ha at check the ram there shouldn't be a reason why a console would try to use to much. It will only allow you to do so many things at once anyway just saying. But anyway my point is I have same issues and Im on ps4 when I try to find players to match up againts or do ranked it rarely finds someone. I have to go to the chatrooms and challenge people only way I can play people. Mybe the match making trying find a good connection and just taking to long in matching me up when I search ranked or player vs player. So its probably just the game and yes it has 120ms lag online just like any other game online it has have sum but for some reason they like it high lol.
It's not even an issue of finding someone in Ranked. I'm literally on the "Connecting to Online" screen for 5 minutes. Where I can't do shit (even backing out isn't an option) and I either sit there 'til it finally connects or restart the game and just lab.

It's not even an issue of finding someone in Ranked. I'm literally on the "Connecting to Online" screen for 5 minutes. Where I can't do shit (even backing out isn't an option) and I either sit there 'til it finally connects or restart the game and just lab.
It seems more of a game problem. Or a profile thing

@Fraud Blank curious as to whether you had any success with uninstalling/reinstalling MKX. Still a huge issue for me. As I said, it also appears to take much longer on the Updating Game Data screen before any menus pop-up and again the Connecting to Online screen is beyond a joke. Even when I find a match, as soon as the opponent or I leave, I go back to the connecting screen for another 5-10 minutes.

I've had the same exact issue, even when I do finally get connected I can't connect to anyone even with green bars, and when I do get in a match it's unbelievably laggy. I also have tried resetting everything, it has to be an issue with the servers.

I've had the same exact issue, even when I do finally get connected I can't connect to anyone even with green bars, and when I do get in a match it's unbelievably laggy. I also have tried resetting everything, it has to be an issue with the servers.
I must say, when I am getting in, I don't have much lag. It's just trying to get in, in the first place.