What's new

Question - Kung Lao Connecting Strings with Hat Spin

Can someone explain why B3, 2, 1 is SK hard to connect after the initial F2, 3, Hat Spin?

I know you can just do F2, 3, hatspin, F2, 3 and it connects much easier but my BNB loses 5% overall.

Any suggestions?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Can someone explain why B3, 2, 1 is SK hard to connect after the initial F2, 3, Hat Spin?

I know you can just do F2, 3, hatspin, F2, 3 and it connects much easier but my BNB loses 5% overall.

Any suggestions?
Because B3 is 14 frame startup, hat spin has 16 frames of hitstun on first impact. You have 3 frames to link it. F2 is a 6 frame link. 3 frames = 1/20th of a second, 6 frames, 1/10th of a second.

If you really want a masochistic challenge, you can in fact F2,3 Hat Spin, run cancel and link 4,4. But I'm pretty sure that's 1 frame. Go figure lol.

EDIT: B3 is actually 15 frames, my bad, so that's a 2 frame link.

Last edited:

Jeremy vega

Kung Lao is the GOAT
It does. However it is incredibly inconsistent. The combo I always did was F2, 3, Hat Spin, B3, 2, 1, EX Spin NJP, JK, D4, 2,1 and it nets 36%. I liked the combo because it has a low mixup.
I wouldn't use that as a BnB then. And you get about 30% without EX spin so I would suggest doing that since meter is so vital for the Great Lao.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
If you want to do a combo that has two frame links do b2/f2/11, hat spin, 44. spin, jk, dk, 2, 1. Much better over all. Same damage as your combo but without meter and sends them almost to the corner.

I understand wanting to add the low in there but it's just not worth it for such a tight link and spending the bar.