What's new

Community Liu Kang Match-up Chart

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
IMO the hardest matches or I think the hardest matches for Kang would be characters such as

Sonya
Cage
Freddy
Kenshi

other than that everything else is either 5-5 and some 6-4's... for Sektor you have to have those IAF down, he will not win the zone war with missile and his teleport is too slow... Also when you block his teleport Punish it hard with DS+1 Bnb... so he wont do it again.. as for fighting inside, baiting his d+1 and using d+4 on his standing 1 will give him lots of problems and the rushdown will be in your advantage since he will wait till you finish your strings.. so mix up that rush down..

AssassiN

Noob
IMO the hardest matches or I think the hardest matches for Kang would be characters such as

Sonya
Cage
Freddy
Kenshi

other than that everything else is either 5-5 and some 6-4's... for Sektor you have to have those IAF down, he will not win the zone war with missile and his teleport is too slow... Also when you block his teleport Punish it hard with DS+1 Bnb... so he wont do it again.. as for fighting inside, baiting his d+1 and using d+4 on his standing 1 will give him lots of problems and the rushdown will be in your advantage since he will wait till you finish your strings.. so mix up that rush down..
What about his instant teleport?
Whenever I do it once, he does his instant teleport and I get heavily punished trying to zone.
He wins grounded zoning.
Guess I need to work more on respecting his 6-frame 1, get hit by it a lot.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
I am pretty sure its probably anticipation throw a d3 to throw his game off if he is throwing instant teleport.. Using b+1 to close the distance between you and the opponent also gives you some room to make him respect your spacing.. http://www.twitch.tv/epicgp/b/352286287 I fight lethal legend at the end of this stream, and his sektor is pretty good. maybe you can see what I am doing. or get an general idea of fighting sektor..

EDIT: also if you noticed I stay mid screen to fight Sektor..

AssassiN

Noob
I am pretty sure its probably anticipation throw a d3 to throw his game off if he is throwing instant teleport.. Using b+1 to close the distance between you and the opponent also gives you some room to make him respect your spacing.. http://www.twitch.tv/epicgp/b/352286287 I fight lethal legend at the end of this stream, and his sektor is pretty good. maybe you can see what I am doing. or get an general idea of fighting sektor..

EDIT: also if you noticed I stay mid screen to fight Sektor..
Yea, I noticed you preferred to play at that distance.
I get hit by F2 and B1 so much when I'm at that distance.

The Sektor I'm playing plays different than Lethal Legend.
He does a lot more horizontal missiles and up-missiles and more flamethrower as well.
And uses the legstance mix-up a so much when he is up-close.

XBlades
KH_Seraph
EGP_Shoryuken
Squeaker101

What is the MU number against Sektor and how do you fight it?
Getting bodied by Sektor way too hard.
You can f12 all of sectors wake up options. When I play @redreaper he doesn't teleport against me cuz I either get free pressure or full combo punish. Put the computer on wake up and practice the timing on the f12, if you doing it right you should be able to beat out all his options. If you f12 en teleport, you will make him wiff, then immediately do another f12 while he's still air borne from his teleport. Full screen do iaf's and duck his missles.

AssassiN

Noob
You can f12 all of sectors wake up options. When I play @redreaper he doesn't teleport against me cuz I either get free pressure or full combo punish. Put the computer on wake up and practice the timing on the f12, if you doing it right you should be able to beat out all his options. If you f12 en teleport, you will make him wiff, then immediately do another f12 while he's still air borne from his teleport. Full screen do iaf's and duck his missles.
I don't trust the wake-up from training mode anymore, a lot of them don't have the invincibility.
Thanks man, need to abuse the fact that I can stop his wakeups.

I don't trust the wake-up from training mode anymore, a lot of them don't have the invincibility.
Thanks man, need to abuse the fact that I can stop his wakeups.
Its not about the invincibility frames, its about making his teleport wiff all together. If you get the timing down you'll make sector's waste a bar of meter everytime.I know training mode is garbage but it has some uses. Plus everything I find, I test with live opponents. Also, if he's beating you in the zoning war then your doing something wrong. Your iaf recovers faster than his teleport. Don't do standing or low fireballs cuz he can punish those on reaction.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
With Sektor, just gotta have IAFs on point. I typically clean crouch the missiles, take advantage of Liu's good walk speed, and whiff punish. F12 is good for hitting Sektor out of his wakeup options like Shoryuken said. I've fought Red Reaper and Lumberzach's Sektor (As well as another here in Houston) and he's a tough matchup for sure. Can't sleep on him, just have to be on point with the instant airs and block wisely, take full advantage of Sektor's missed/whiffed opportunities. Also be mindful of the flamethrower distance, which can be used as an anti-air against Liu, so pretty much never jump in on Sektor unless you're sure he's going to be mindfucked by it.

Liu's crouching hitbox is so damn high, which gives Sektor's six frame jab some favor points, but I prefer to block low anyways if he gets in your face because he has a low-starter that leads into a FCP.