What's new

Strategy Comboing from B2 midscreen

Uotan

Unban Joker
Interesting, I've been doing this:

b2 xx db3, 23, forward dash, 23 xx df1 for 29%

doing b2 > 23 gives you a little more reach, but the timing on this link is very hard to pull off consistently the further away you are

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Interesting, I've been doing this:

b2 xx db3, 23, forward dash, 23 xx df1 for 29%

doing b2 > 23 gives you a little more reach, but the timing on this link is very hard to pull off consistently the further away you are
B2 into spin isnt a hitconfirm though. So you're throwing out an unsafe move in hopes that it hits. This way she has 1 safe option (B2 -5) and one advantage option (33 +2) when she's in 33 range, and both combo. The timing for 2 3 gets easier.

Droogy

Lets Fight Like Gentlemen
the only issue when are you really gonna be able to hit a b2 from that range and then the 23 after is a quite strictly timed attack. Online I feel like this is not practical and even offline it would be situational at best. Also if you wiff your in a negative frame situation if theres a good wakeup from your opponant (like basically everything Hawkgirl has on wakeup)

I've been trying to play with this myself over the last little bit (getting more damage after b2) but to no avail

EDIT: hmm....though this may lead into some corner tech since thats where I normally use b2 at those close ranges to bodycheck those who crouch trying to get a quick poke to get out of the corner

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Speaking of a high game, I think jumping DB3 might be her best overhead ... safe on block, and on reaction to it hitting you can MB it into a combo. Might be a great footsie tool as an added option to b+2. Unsure of the combo potential after it mid-screen, though.

Edit: I'm unsure of how hit-confirmable DB3 actually is. All you have to do is MB it, but I'm having trouble doing it all of a sudden on reaction when before I felt I could nail it. I feel like having a frame or two better than my reflexes could do it consistently. Verdict is still out.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
after b2 you can also do 2,3mb(b3) to jump3 b223 lasso grab for more dmg but 2 bars..i dont use it but its an idea..of course now you can do it after the fix of her b3

Droogy

Lets Fight Like Gentlemen
Speaking of a high game, I think jumping DB3 might be her best overhead ... safe on block, and on reaction to it hitting you can MB it into a combo. Might be a great footsie tool as an added option to b+2. Unsure of the combo potential after it mid-screen, though.

Edit: I'm unsure of how hit-confirmable DB3 actually is. All you have to do is MB it, but I'm having trouble doing it all of a sudden on reaction when before I felt I could nail it. I feel like having a frame or two better than my reflexes could do it consistently. Verdict is still out.
I actually agree that its her best overhead, its almost as good as Hawkgirls j.d+3 which is one of the best overheads in the game and it has similar range. Its also really not that hard to hit it even online

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
A waste of meter and quite risky in most cases - that said, if you KNOW it's gonna hit and you don't have use for the meter and you're not close enough for b+2 > 23 > etc, why not?

i know the corner combo :/ pretty basic tho.

if the opponent in the corner and you jump early divepunch mb. you can juggle with:

23, trait, 11b1 (x4), f12bf3.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Not to mention, once your opponent is at about 50-60% life, it's a nice way to lower his life into the "danger zone" (one throw, one-two shield toss = dead) without giving him the chance to wager at all.

And it's also a very good way to kill people that abuse some wakeup attacks (Killer Frost comes to mind) that are safe on block, and use that as long as they see you try a meaty on wakeup : using the b2 meaty + super is a gamble though ... but it will work on people ducking / backdashing / using "linear" wakeup attacks ...

Her meter can be used more efficiently, especially in SS mode (safe bash comes to mind), but b2 into super definitely has its uses.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
was jealous of other characters and their fancy stage bounce combos (not really, WW doesn't need them...) but still I've found this today, working on optimizing it

b2, 23, ff, d1 stage bounce, b3, j3, 23 super = 45%
b2, 23, ff, d1 stage bounce, b3, j3, 23 tiara = 36%
b2, 23, ff, d1 stage bounce, b3, j3, d3 = 33%

b2, 23, ff, d1 stage bounce, bb, ff, f3 = UKD into crossup f3 midscreen... jeebus

chores

bad at things
was jealous of other characters and their fancy stage bounce combos (not really, WW doesn't need them...) but still I've found this today, working on optimizing it

b2, 23, ff, d1 stage bounce, b3, j3, 23 super = 45%, 36% if you substitute tiara for super
you mean end the combo 23 tiara?

AK elitegoomba

yeah i dunno what the best thing you can get off a b3 in that situation might be because the juggle is so low

but thats the most ive gotten so far ima sit here and toy with it ill update if i get more

chores

bad at things
yeah i dunno what the best thing you can get off a b3 in that situation might be because the juggle is so low

but thats the most ive gotten so far ima sit here and toy with it ill update if i get more
normally if its too much gravity for lasso then her 'up punch' is next highest or d3 if its close enough for hkd (from the sounds of that combo its probably not close enough lol)

AK elitegoomba

stumbled upon this while im on the subject-- whatever into stage bounce, backdash (or fwd dash to cross under), forward dash, f3 will crossup. you can really fk with someones head with the cross under into instant overhead crossup

.... theres a lot going on here ill just say this tech is quickly compounding

Akae47

Noob
stumbled upon this while im on the subject-- whatever into stage bounce, backdash (or fwd dash to cross under), forward dash, f3 will crossup. you can really fk with someones head with the cross under into instant overhead crossup

.... theres a lot going on here ill just say this tech is quickly compounding
Question for the instant overhead cross up: Wouldn't this leave you open for a involuntary "reversed wake up attack"?

I tried this with a friend with in training mode he was Lex. What I meant in saying reversed wake up attack is: I tried the forward dash to cross under instead he wanted to do Lex's charge move, that gravity pull move came out and he confirmed a combo off it. It caused the f3 whiff and as well.

Maybe Im doing it wrong or something

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"

b2, 23, ff, d1 stage bounce, b3, j3, 23 super = 45%
b2, 23, ff, d1 stage bounce, b3, j3, 23 tiara = 36%
b2, 23, ff, d1 stage bounce, b3, j3, d3 = 33%

b2, 23, ff, d1 stage bounce, bb, ff, f3 = UKD into crossup f3 midscreen... jeebus
A F0xy Grampa B2 mid screen wall bounce combos.