What's new

Combo Video - Sub-Zero Combo Video For All Situations/ Variations (updating)

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Just showing off the most damaging combos i could find for Sub Zeros Grandmaster Variation. This is probably my favorite variation of him so far. Since most of his combos wall carry , it is easy to get a high damage combo without spending meter or even spending some fore grab resets.
Hope you guys Enjoy, will be posting match videos soon , so make sure to follow the channel as well as the stream at Twitch.tv/kombathouston

Last edited:
Yo that was sick, sub zero looks like a monster in the combo

was especially impressed with the clone being able to insta freeze the cornered opponent instead of just not coming out like in mk9!

Cat

Yo that was sick, sub zero looks like a monster in the combo

was especially impressed with the clone being able to insta freeze the cornered opponent instead of just not coming out like in mk9!
there was some ways to insta freeze from clone in mk9 but they were difficult and not worth it.
with the ability to grab mb reset for a mix up makes them good in this game
and they look boss as hell

LockM

Noob
when you instant the jump in punch it is a mid not a overhead. nrs knows what they doing lol
I can understand NRS making this decision against some potentially "broken" stuff, however i also feel that takes away some creativity the players might have with setups and such. Understandable but still a shame.

Troid

Spleens are overrated anyways....
Nice. I'm definitely gonna refer back to this once I get to my hands on the game and get into training.

so b12 seems great for a combo starter, for cyro i have b12 iceball, jip 242, run cancel f42 1+3 for a solid 30% but you can drop the 1+2 for other variations for just a slide

also for decent damage you can do f122, b12 iceball njp f42 1+2 for cyro

also midscreen you can run cancel back 2 into f42 1+2 or slide

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
so b12 seems great for a combo starter, for cyro i have b12 iceball, jip 242, run cancel f42 1+3 for a solid 30% but you can drop the 1+2 for other variations for just a slide

also for decent damage you can do f122, b12 iceball njp f42 1+2 for cyro

also midscreen you can run cancel back 2 into f42 1+2 or slide
that first combo
after 242... you can NJP f42 1+2 as to not have to run cancel and save stamina.

Train

Noob
subbed for you tube and twitch :) I will post inputs for you sub combo videos soon.

@Cat what would be midscreen meterless highest damage combo if you opponent run into the clone?
You can post option with one bar too.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Has anyone gotten the strings to hit and not get regular I ceball blocked midscreen? I find myself having to Ex it to hit and combo otherwise I'm the one getting punished

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
I love that b2, b2, f4 2 1+2 is an easy 37% in the corner. NRS really cozying up to Subby players after MK9. (pls don't nerf again) (Don't show any tech for a year Tom)

Cat

subbed for you tube and twitch :) I will post inputs for you sub combo videos soon.

@Cat what would be midscreen meterless highest damage combo if you opponent run into the clone?
You can post option with one bar too.
Standard combo with j1 into 242 run 123 slide should work. I wouldn't recommend using meter because the clone scales it too much

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Has anyone gotten the strings to hit and not get regular I ceball blocked midscreen? I find myself having to Ex it to hit and combo otherwise I'm the one getting punished
b12

b33 in the corner only.

the only moves i could get normal ice ball to connect with.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Thank you my good man. 1,1 is questionable in lag. I full on punished a blocked elbow dash and got my iceball blocked, but auto block AI can't >_>
i'm guessing "maybe" you were at a range where the travel time actually took place, therefore the player could block?

Same kind of reasoning as to why b33 works on female character models?

I honestly have no idea.

really good combos! I was practicing them and found that a standing 4 can combo into a iceclone in the corner so I just inserted one of your combos at the end like this: jp1, 4, iceclone, jp1, b2, b2, 242, 123 slide = 44%

Train

Noob
@Cat ...what is better to use as combo ender: Forward + 4,2 ~ Slide or 123 ~ Slide ? Tom has all his combo finishers with F4 2 while u do with 123