What's new

Characters with the best footsie game?

I've been playing the game since launch, but have only recently realized how I like to play fighting games. I enjoy the meta-game of footsies. I like jockeying for position with my opponent and punishing whiffed attacks or any misteps. I know Injustice isn't exactly known for footsies, but those characters that can play that meta-game are in there somewhere. I know everyone will just say Aquaman or MMH, but I'm not interested in playing a top tier character for the sake of them being top tier. I have spent some time with Aquaman several months ago, but to be honest, the character is kind of tainted for me now. I don't want to play a character where I never know if I earned that win, or the character got me that win.

I've been thinking about Wonder Woman (b2, 3 with Lasso has great range), but I've also heard Nightwing has some pretty good normals and range with his staff. If it helps, I play Fei Long in USF4 because of his great normals, ability to punish opponents and all around space control. Any characters similar to that in Injustice?

Last edited:

Yoaks

A spaceman
Lobo has a couple decent normals. But if your asking for the best. Than it's Aquaman, WW, MMH (when traited), Lantern and Supes. But if you want to play a character that doesnt need to use footsies....Bane.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Bane and Doomsday are two characters with underrated footsies. People say they're lol armor but the top players actually play footsies with them.

Catwoman is a footsies character. There's some matchups where she gets out footsied badly and those are terrible MU but if she can play her game she's pure footsies.

Lobo has a couple decent normals. But if your asking for the best. Than it's Aquaman, WW, MMH (when traited), Lantern and Supes. But if you want to play a character that doesnt need to use footsies....Bane.
WW is definitely on my radar. Lantern as well now that you mention him. His slam has good range as well b1, 2/3. And a little bit of zoning if I need it. Thanks for the tips!

You might like Flash or Raven if you like footsies and both have very unique styles from each other.
I had thought of Raven, never played her before, but from what I've seen, she'd be a good punish character with a lot ranged moves.

Flash is someone I never really thought of. What are some his best footsie tools?

TKB

Noob
Sinestro has godlike footsies.

Deathstroke's footsies are underrated for sure. And he is a very well rounded character; good footsies, good zoning, amazing jump and jump attacks, etc.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Sinestro
Bane
Doomsday
Catwoman
Flash
DS
Superman

They all bring their own brand of footsies mixed with Injustice related activities, and are all good at it in their own way.

Sinestro has godlike footsies.

Deathstroke's footsies are underrated for sure. And he is a very well rounded character; good footsies, good zoning, amazing jump and jump attacks, etc.
I think a close second for my favorite fighting game strategy is zoning. I've been playing Sinestro for a few months, but mostly just trying to zone. What tools of his could I implement into footsies? Trying to catch people with D2 or B1, 2/3?

Deathstroke has also interested in me because of his zoning, but also the ability to fight in close.

Sinestro
Bane
Doomsday
Catwoman
Flash
DS
Superman

They all bring their own brand of footsies mixed with Injustice related activities, and are all good at it in their own way.
Any tips for Sinestro footsies? I've been playing him for a few months (at an intermediate level at best), but just mostly zoning. What tools/ strategies should I be using for Sinestro footsies?

TKB

Noob
I think a close second for my favorite fighting game strategy is zoning. I've been playing Sinestro for a few months, but mostly just trying to zone. What tools of his could I implement into footsies? Trying to catch people with D2 or B1, 2/3?

Deathstroke has also interested in me because of his zoning, but also the ability to fight in close.
Sinestro's b12 string and his d2 are very good footsie tools. Learning his vortex is also going to help you a lot as well.

Yes Deathstroke is probably the most well rounded character; his neutral game and 50/50s are strong and his zoning is very good against most of the cast. (Not to mention his corner game is amazingggg :))

Espio

Kokomo
I had thought of Raven, never played her before, but from what I've seen, she'd be a good punish character with a lot ranged moves.

Flash is someone I never really thought of. What are some his best footsie tools?
I'm more well versed on Raven than Flash so I will tag a more informed source(s) than myself: @The_SNKE @HoneyBee

Yeah, Raven is good at blowing up movement with her zoning and space control tools like soul crush.

Back 2,3 is a good, ranged string that's throw immune and creates space plus a potential guessing game afterward. You can end combos in it to get trait activation too.

daddydab32ho

KANO, KANO, KAY-NOOOOOO , KANO (DRAKES VOICE)
Just play Grundy his footsies are godlike and he has armor an he's not a top tier but his footsies are lol