What's new

Characters that can "stand" without meter

perfectghast

Just throw it out, and hope for the best!
Okay so we know that every character can stand someone with a grab and meter burn it making it a 50-50. Now after watching a couple videos and streams we know that scorpion can stand with spear, Johnny Cage can stand with nut punch, Mileena can stand with two of her variations, one with the sai chain and the second one is the low command grab. Also Liu Kang's bicycle kick in Flaming dragon variation leaves the enemy standing. Now we know that these are not 100% sure since it could be in early build thing but if they do stay, will these characters be higher tiered or tourny favored since they don't require meter for 50-50 what do you guys think? Also there may be other characters that can stand without meter but I might've not catch that so feel free to share that too!

E

Eldriken

I don't imagine that just because they leave you standing after certain moves that they get a free 50/50. That would probably only seem possible if they're left at a massive advantage. Considering we don't know frame data yet, we can't really say too much.

perfectghast

I said that can "stand" which has its advantages, didn't say they'll be 100+ after it Kappa

perfectghast

Leaving the opponent standing after a combo is very important to MU's, not because you can go for 50/50's, but because it eliminates their wake up game.
Exactly! This is very important too, if you got good wake ups and can't use them then your in trouble, worse if its in the corner :O

Let's hope there is a significant damage trade off for standing combo enders--that will make it more strategic rather than an obvious go to option that always negates your opponents' wake up game

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Liu Kang has a Bicycle kick is going to leave the opponent standing. That's on hit, so it's MOST LIKELY going to leave you at an advantage by a few frames at least. The guys on stream confirmed that Liu Kang's F1 is 5-frames and it is the fastest move in the game. If this stays true, then you better have armour to get out of these frame traps SUCKA! ;)

I can't wait to play Liu :D

perfectghast

Liu Kang has a Bicycle kick is going to leave the opponent standing. That's on hit, so it's MOST LIKELY going to leave you at an advantage by a few frames at least. The guys on stream confirmed that Liu Kang's F1 is 5-frames and it is the fastest move in the game. If this stays true, then you better have armour to get out of these frame traps SUCKA! ;)

I can't wait to play Liu :D
Liu will be part of the three guys I want to learn first, Kung Lao and JC are the others!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Rain had resets in MK9 without meter as many other characters, didn't made them revelant against the ones like Cyrax.
It will totally depend initially in the game's meta, then the character's meta.

MK9 game was a reset fest, every character who got the chance of doing so it was an advantage, not only beause it disabled wakeups but because of what he could do after that.

This time MKX has a lot of defensive maneuvers, the back dashes are better, trave further in distance and have invincibility, among other things MK9 didn't had. So i'm still not sold in the idea that when it comes to restands in MKX they will fill up the exact same purpose they did in MK9.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The guys on stream confirmed that Liu Kang's F1 is 5-frames and it is the fastest move in the game. If this stays true, then you better have armour to get out of these frame traps SUCKA! ;)
Yea, it might be 5 frames, but it won't grant you any frame traps automatically if the opponent can't be jailed into a standing block, as the 5 frame normal is high...

If he has frame advantage from any string on hit or block, you won't be able to frame trap with a normal that is high if the opponent can't be jailed in a standing block...it doesn't matter if its 5 frames, its 5 frames so that he can punish things other opponents can't.

If you have frame advantage, you will lose it as soon as you use a high attack on a crouching opponent. Using a high attack that can be crouch blocked will only allow the opponent to punish you before the next hit of the string comes out, you will be best off using mids, or special mids to guarantee your next attack connects.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Yea, it might be 5 frames, but it won't grant you any frame traps automatically if the opponent can't be jailed into a standing block, as the 5 frame normal is high...

If he has frame advantage from any string on hit or block, you won't be able to frame trap with a normal that is high if the opponent can't be jailed in a standing block...it doesn't matter if its 5 frames, its 5 frames so that he can punish things other opponents can't.

If you have frame advantage, you will lose it as soon as you use a high attack on a crouching opponent. Using a high attack that can be crouch blocked will only allow the opponent to punish you before the next hit of the string comes out, you will be best off using mids, or special mids to guarantee your next attack connects.
Woah! Alright then, you just had to say it was a high, chill out man :p