What's new

Characters that are over respected?

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Who are characters that we over respect because they might have scary pressure or a scary tool? Characters that come to mind are MMH,ZOD,SM .. of course there is many others. I feel like myself and other ppl miss out on opportunities against characters because of over respecting them . If you have any scenarios or know of when to no respect a certain character pls share.

To start it off I'll give some examples :

MMH orb pressure
Zod Trait pressure
SM f23 pressure

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I see people give dd too much respect constantly. I cant tell you how many people i play that never even attempt a d1 after mb venom. Its always backdash. Supermans f2,3 breath is gets too much respect as well

RM Nubcakes

On the grind again
Batman is easily the most over respected character in injustice.
I agree 100%. People need to realize that his trait doesn't provide any sort of block advantage and can start swinging as soon as the bats go away if the BM player isn't timing his approach/pressure correctly. It actually takes some practice to properly time trait usage that secures a free dash/jump-in leading into pressure or a grab attempt. The timing also varies depending on how many bats are out as well.

Last edited:

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I see people give dd too much respect constantly. I cant tell you how many people i play that never even attempt a d1 after mb venom. Its always backdash. Supermans f2,3 breath is gets too much respect as well
That d1 ES man, it's brutal. Luckily my friend plays him and spams it constantly so I've gotten pretty good at blocking it.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Yeah he mixes it up sometimes but he takes advantage of me because I main Batman and he knows that I have terrible wake-ups.