What's new

Changes to the frame-data

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Just letting people know that the movelist is being corrected, so for example, Scorpion's 5f D1 now has a 6f startup according to the frame-data in the movelist.

As far as I know, it seems that they also subtracted 1 from the block advantage of most moves in the game, and added 1 to the cancel advantage.

It appears that there was an issue with how frame data was being calculated for the move list. For example, Johnnys standing 1 hit in 10 frames but was listed as 8f before the latest patch. It could punish moves that were -10. Now its listed as 9f startup, which would be correct. Nothing goofy going on, just move list corrections.

So if the movelist says that your 6f D1 is now a 7f D1, don't panic.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This is probably compensating for the fact that it takes 1 frame to get out of block and punish.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
So if I have a 7 frame normal, it's a 7 frame normal out of block as well as no block? So basically the frame data is universal and static?

And of course, the PC version has not been updated with this change.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Also, that means characters got nerfed in a way. Mileena's roll is no longer a godlike 7 frame special.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
@HeroesNZ I just said to you this isn't true as all of Shinnok's normals are still the same. Only the block and cancel advantages have changed on (at the very least) his normals. Maybe it's character specific?

HeroesNZ

@HeroesNZ I just said to you this isn't true as all of Shinnok's normals are still the same. Only the block and cancel advantages have changed on (at the very least) his normals. Maybe it's character specific?
I don't know much about Shinnok but I do know that his B3 used to have 5f startup, and (assuming it's his low) is now of 6f startup.

Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
The issue is that thats only bc of blockstun but what about to do a move on the neutral? Its gonna confuse people.

Just letting people know that they added 1 to the startup frames of every move in the game. For example, Scorpion's 5f D1 is now 6f, and Lao's 4f EX Spin is now 5f.

As far as I know, it seems that they also subtracted 1 from the block advantage of every move in the game.

Before the changes, if a move is -10 then it could be punished by a 9f special or an 8f normal. Now, if a move is -10 it can be punished by a 9f normal or a 10f special.

For example, Erron Black's F3 is -7 on block and can be punished by Scorpion's 6f D1.

It's no longer a case of neutral = +1 against specials and +2 against normals.
source?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I don't know much about Shinnok but I do know that his B3 used to have 5f startup, and (assuming it's his low) is now of 6f startup.
Nope it had 6f startup and now it's still 6f startup. I wrote down his normals day 1 and B3 was and still is 6f on startup. So I don't know what's going wrong here lol.

Nothing has changed for me on PC. Cassie's 5 frame standing 2 is still 5 frames. Mileena's 10 frame b1 is still 10 frames.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
@HeroesNZ Not all moves have been added, and some of Liu Kang's for example have 2 more frames on start-up. They universally upped all the 5f normals to 6 frames.

It's no longer a case of neutral = +1 against specials and +2 against normals.
To clarify, does that now mean that a move that is +2 for example effectively +2, and not +4?

HeroesNZ

@HeroesNZ Not all moves have been added, and some of Liu Kang's for example have 2 more frames on start-up. They universally upped all the 5f normals to 6 frames.

To clarify, does that now mean that a move that is +2 for example effectively +2, and not +4?
Yeah it looks like a lot of moves are unaffected, which is pretty odd because they (inadvertently or not) nerfed some characters. For example, all of Erron Black's moves have been given an extra frame of startup. Even Caltrops, from 39f to 40f. Now his fastest normals have 8f startup.

Honestly, I'm not too sure. However I do know that 6f normals can now punish -7 on block moves (assuming that all of Erron Black & Scorpion's frame-data are correct) so I'd assume that if a move is +2 then it's effectively +3 instead of +4.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just to let you guys know, they also added Reversal throws now, still to test if reversal strings are in the game, but you can now input a throw as reversal.