What's new

CEO 2014: The Prologue ... Epilogue Thread

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Warning: MASSIVE WALL OF TEXT

If anyone cares on TYM...here's my Facebook post (a little edited) in regards to our little 30 man regional you might have heard of. CEO 2014: The Prologue aka Runback Mountain, the last one before the major. It's a bit personal to us, but whatever. At least there's results. You can scroll past this and go into a little CEO talk for the communtiy.

Alex Jebailey let me get you out of here first, so you can avoid this essay. Thanks for letting me handle Injustice again, everything ran smoothly as usual and thanks for a great tournament experience. Even though these are on a smaller scale than the major, there's never one time we think about not coming. Not knocking other TOs at all, but TOs that are as connected with the players on the level you are, make us feel like we actually matter just as much as their business, WHILE still being able to run the event more than sufficiently (shout to @Vandy) >>>>>. We understand and appreciate the work that goes into it. I'm already registered, but I'm sure you'll see us all again come CEO 2014. I've gone to everything but UFGT, and CEO is still the best tournament I've ever attended.

OK, now on to us. Injustice community. Just woke up, so I'll just gonna go off the top of my head. First off, I wanna say thanks to all who came out, especially with the hopes of leveling up, I hope you all feel like you have. We get around ~30 players for this each time, and it is not free in the slighest. I'm actually proud when I say Florida should be no joke and I feel it's the absolute truth. We ran 2/3 pools and 3/5 Top 8 this time, in preparation for what's most likely gonna happen at EVO. In case anyone missed it, here are the results in which the Top 4 was streamed at twitch.tv/ceogaming :

Final Results -
1st place: Scorpion Legend Deg (Zatanna/Harley Quinn)
2nd place: Noobe (Doomsday....aquamang)
3rd place: Kitana Prime (Harley Quinn)
4th: Gross (Green Lantern)
5th: SomeCubanGuy (Sinestro)
5th: Argenrost (Deathstroke/Nightwing)
7th: NeckbreakerX (Scorpion)
7th: Khaotic Ando (Green Arrow)

Breakdown of Top 8
Winners:
Kitana Prime (Harley Quinn) Bryant Benzing
Argenrost (Deathstroke, Nightwing) John Martin
SomeCubanGuy (Sinestro) Jose Denis
Scorpion Legend Deg (Zatanna, Harley Quinn) Diego Bommarito

Losers:
Noobe (Doomsday) Ozzie Delisle
NeckbreakerX (Scorpion) Jamie Velez
Gross (Green Arrow) Daris Abad
Khaotic Lando (Green Arrow) Larry Anderson

Good to meet everyone once again, and also to the first timers, so let me get you out of the way first. Mason Miller great performance my man. With a little more optimization, you will be more than ready to take down stronger opponents, and the nerves will calm down with more experience. 9th place at this tourney is very respectable. Your Zatanna is tight. Isaiah Markus Belcher, thanks for actually coming out. Far too many times do we see people post left and right about the game, and never show up to anything for it. It was good to see your enthusiasm for the game and our players, and good shit to getting those casuals in, they're SUPER important in the grand scheme of things, regardless of the result.

Moving on, Isaac Arellano good shit to getting Tampa to come out, we could use every region of the state coming out everytime, it helps us all. I'm sure you can string together that one last win next time and crack that Top 8. Jose, shouts to coming back with the power of fear still intact, SoFlo takes the top 5 spots....the rest of Florida, although family, has gotta hold that ;) and Ozzie, trying to scumbag it and pick Aquamang vs Deg in Grand Finals ... BibleThump plz #Kappa

Shouts to all of you (...well all of us!) being so diverse in our character selection, it's so fun to know we all decided to play characters we know and love...and stick with them. It really makes the game that much better to play. Sorry I didn't get a chance to get casuals in with people, running the bracket is well...you know. We had multiple players playing multiple games. Sorry for the 'wait' but I had no control over that. People playing Tekken dawg. Smash dawg. Project M mang. Those games take 5829472023 hours for a match. My chicken even got cold :( ... still ate it tho #PovertyStatus

Final words. John, represent us in the way I know you can at Civil War, we're ALL behind you. Also, to anybody who attends and might feel intimidated or are afraid or shy to speak up about anything to us 'top players' - DON'T BE. We're all highly approachable and don't have the Hollywood thing going on where we feel better than anyone. We want to encourage and level up everyone. Hopefully we can all see each other again, even more leveled up, come June at CEO 2014.

I know you all saw that fucking title belt. ONE OF US HAS TO WIN!!

TYM Section:

To everyone else outside of Florida, do you really need anymore incentive to come to CEO? Crowdfunded pot bonuses. An atmosphere like no other - complete with a unique main stage (DAT RING!). Basically anything you need within WALKING distance of the now upgraded to 30,000 sq ft venue. Not to mention, stay tuned as @CEO Jebailey still has other tricks up his sleeve...

...and lets not forget about these. For the winner of EACH game:

Hopefully see you all in June in sunny Florida.

One last thing. We've being performing at high levels. I want us (the entire Injustice community) ALL to continue to be up to snuff come tourney time, but when you come to Florida, don't forget...

Always remember! Eat your cupcakes, believe in magic and...

FLORIDA. DOOMSDAYS. DAWG.

Can't wait to see you ALL again. From every region. <3 Community.

- K Prime

Last edited:

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Awesome Tourney! Wish we could have stayed longer but Rey and myself had to had to get back. Hope John does well at civil war, he's a great player and his NW is hype IMO. Lastly you guys gotta see this belt in person. It's the most legit thing I've ever seen as a prize. Not going to CEO will be a mistake!

ando1184

Noob
Had an awesome time but my gamer tag is suppose to be "Khaotic Ando" lol. Nice meeting all of you guys and I look forward to CEO. Shout outs @Lilith for also repping Arrow. Great performances from Everyone, top 3 was pretty hype. Oh and sorry I had to play tekken so much, it seems like everything was all at once at times.

Last edited:

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
dude this is total bullshit. Who calls themselves scorpion legend and doesn't even use him? Fraud. Lol either way congrats deg and sfl for doing work. Wish I could've came.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Had an awesome time but my gamer tag is suppose to be "Khaotic Ando" lol. Nice meeting all of you guys and I look forward to CEO. Shout outs @Lilith for also repping Arrow. Great performances from Everyone, top 3 was pretty hype. Oh and sorry I had to play tekken so much, it seems like everything was all at once at times.
The bracket said "Lando" Sorry!

:(

Wont bother me.
Gross is good. He's actually playing in full swing now. He (and I) just fucked up heavily against Noobe. We both know how to play that, it just didnt fall through.
Im retiring from even playing this game and am becoming a full time stream monster/troll after never being able to win 1 match in online sets :(

E

Eldriken

It really bums me out that I couldn't make this because of my new job and having to work weekends now. :/

I was all hyped up for it and so was my wife (she actually ASKED if she could come!). But nooooo. A new job screws me over. UGH.

Either way, congrats to everyone who attended and did well.