What's new

Question - A-List can u fuzzy johnny??

HazeXIII

Smoke Is Back Yes Yes Yes
Idk but every time I play a high level player online it seems like they fuzzy guard my johnny cage and i have to resort to these unecessary grabs am I tripping??

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Idk but every time I play a high level player online it seems like they fuzzy guard my johnny cage and i have to resort to these unecessary grabs am I tripping??
Fuzzying online is much harder but offline is pretty easy. Btw, if you play Cage, grabs are definitely not unnecessary. Of course I don't mean its possible to block all the fucking time, Cage is eventually going to open you up.

Last edited:

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Yeah you can fuzzy jahnny. Online its a lil harder but possible and offline its pretty easy. When i play @Dja_Homies he opens me alot with 1 f2 to break my fuzzy. But sometimes i notice it and and block it. So just gotta switch it up and go for grabs sometimes. To helps to condition your opponent

Wigy

There it is...
Im guna say for the most part yes.

Its very tricky as you'll have to do a number of psuedo guesses before his turns is truely over.

I mean if somebody can train themselves to only momentarily block low after a 11 and then high again (same for when someone lands a d4 on you) then the only 50-50 is if they will stagger or not. But then the meta changes as you're given more chances to escape pressure.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Do not underestimate the throws,you can meter burn them so your stamina fills during the animation and then get the pressure going.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
You can, so just do it. Nothing is impossible.

Nah, joking. You can but it's hard if the A-Lister knows what he is doing and uses well the + frames. There are lots of options and staggers to confuse the opponent.

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
Yes/No. Cage has options to break the fuzzy and can also leave you getting chipped with the 1 1 string while you're waiting on either the 1 1 3 or 1 into f2 or 1 1 into f2.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Even I can do it and I'm bad at fuzzy guarding. Not that I don't get hit just that I can block your average Johnny.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
You can fuzzy him for the most part but you will get hit lol. You will also be blocking a lot of pressure. Johnny is a walking, breathing frametrap so grabs are good. Grabs keep your frame traps from going stale.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Offline, I can fuzzy guard Johnny. Online and with my connection, it's a different story. But anyway, you should mix a grab every now and then in order to keep your opponents on their toes: that's what every good Johnny does.

byAidan

I'm just looking to level up, ya feel?
As an A-List main, I can safely say that you can fuzzy Johnny. Whenever I'm playing against a Johnny Cage and I see that he has used his standing 1, block low. The only thing that can come after the 11 is a staggered F24 (Overhead which can be blocked by visual queue's with practice) and 113 and 114 (low and mid). Now this is where Johnny shines. 11 into F24 is really good, but it's far from safe.You can armor and poke through it. And grabs are by no means unnecessary. Try to use 21 RC into throw, as it resets stamina and can allow for some meter building in his forceball zoning.

rafaw

#YouSuck
the problem with fuzzy guard against JC is that if you get the timing down to fuzzy 11~f2, he got 2 other options to mess with your timing, 121rc~f2 and 1~f2, so its really hard to fuzzy him! You can aways armor out of his options, but it becomes a mind game once he realise that you can armor out and bait it.

byAidan

the problem with fuzzy guard against JC is that if you get the timing down to fuzzy 11~f2, he got 2 other options to mess with your timing, 121rc~f2 and 1~f2, so its really hard to fuzzy him! You can aways armor out of his options, but it becomes a mind game once he realise that you can armor out and bait it.
When you only see standing 1 and not 11, the only thing possible is another standing 11 mix-ups and F24 Overhead. You can just wait until you see the 11 to block low. If only 11 is executed and not 113/114, a lot of characters can poke out of it. As it's only +1 or +2 on block. Just lab against A-List and learn the frame data and what is possible after the strings if cancelled or not cancelled, and learn how to punish imperfect cancels.

rafaw

#YouSuck
When you only see standing 1 and not 11, the only thing possible is another standing 11 mix-ups and F24 Overhead. You can just wait until you see the 11 to block low. If only 11 is executed and not 113/114, a lot of characters can poke out of it. As it's only +1 or +2 on block. Just lab against A-List and learn the frame data and what is possible after the strings if cancelled or not cancelled, and learn how to punish imperfect cancels.
I know all of this already.

But its way easier in theory than in a real match, this is a default pressure:
121rc~f24skrc/113skrc/1~f24/121rc
Its really hard to defend if you dont get too obvious to read. Its hard to distingue 11 from 12.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If it's purely between the 11 F2 and 113 then yeah, but it's not gonna be super easy in the heat of the moment and if the Cage mixes it up. I think it will become more common over time.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
is it just me or like when they do a 11, then the overhead, you block low for a sec (to check the low) then stand block but still get hit by the overhead?

byAidan

is it just me or like when they do a 11, then the overhead, you block low for a sec (to check the low) then stand block but still get hit by the overhead?
Just block low the whole time. The overhead is reactable, and the first part of 11 is a high, so less chip and you can react. If the low connects and they run cancel, poke out or armor. If they do EX Forecball, duck it. The first one is a high.

TKB

Noob
Just block low the whole time. The overhead is reactable, and the first part of 11 is a high, so less chip and you can react. If the low connects and they run cancel, poke out or armor. If they do EX Forecball, duck it. The first one is a high.
F2 is 15 frames. You aren't reacting to that. Hence the fuzzy guard question.