What's new

Can some UMK3 head help a UK brother out?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I really want to practice all the combos I used to use in UMK3, I don't have much to do with my weekends lately and I wanna make the most out of the time I'm not working messing about on some fighting games.

Is there any way I can use UMK3 as a practice mode? By that I mean, are there any tools/hacks I can use that give UMK3 that kind of feature?

I don't know if it's at all possible, or if it exists, but I really wanna get my execution back on point like when I used to play.

Cheers!

nwo

Noob
The closest thing I could think of is the Cheat.dat file for MAME. You could enable unlimited time and unlimited energy for both players 1 and 2, which is great for practicing combos and infinities. You could also enable a lot of other stuff.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Silly Ketchup. You of all people should know practice mode hasn't exactly been NRS's strong suit for the past 20 years :DOGE

But yeah, pretty much what NWO said, that's always been how I've gone about labbing MK2/UMK3. Just remember to reset the round after a while because eventually the AI will have a brainfart and everything will start whiffing.

Mgo

Noob
I really want to practice all the combos I used to use in UMK3, I don't have much to do with my weekends lately and I wanna make the most out of the time I'm not working messing about on some fighting games.

Is there any way I can use UMK3 as a practice mode? By that I mean, are there any tools/hacks I can use that give UMK3 that kind of feature?

I don't know if it's at all possible, or if it exists, but I really wanna get my execution back on point like when I used to play.

Cheers!

http://www.mortalkombatlatino.com.ar/descargas/cheat.rar

Extract and copy the .dat file into mame.exe directory.

I pretty much did what NWO suggested. Just remember that after a certain amount of time playing with certain cheats on, something breaks in the code and some weird stuff starts happening. Just press tab, take the cheats off, win the match and start a new match.

Also, I am in the UK and wouldn't mind playing someone online who actually lives in the same country for once. ;)

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I pretty much did what NWO suggested. Just remember that after a certain amount of time playing with certain cheats on, something breaks in the code and some weird stuff starts happening. Just press tab, take the cheats off, win the match and start a new match.

Also, I am in the UK and wouldn't mind playing someone online who actually lives in the same country for once. ;)
Sure thing mate, what do you play on?

Thanks for the tips guys.

Sure thing mate, what do you play on?

Thanks for the tips guys.
Sorry for the super late reply. I play on kaillera on the PC or MKAK on the ps3 if that is what you mean. If you mean server then I don't know, I just find the one with the best ping. You can add me on steam to make it easier to find a suitable time or just let me know when you want to play. :)