What's new

Match Footage - A-List Cage match!

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Hey guys, since Johnny Cage A-List footage is somewhat lacking I decide to challenge anyone on EU PS4 to play a set (FT5 or FT10, you choose).
I will upload the games here and we can discuss the matchups, trying to find ways to play better with abysmal Cage, or how to defeat him.

These are the rules:

1) In case of disconnection, the match counts as a loss.

2) We'll play a test game before starting the set, if one of the players say it is too laggy to play, the set is postponed or cancelled.

3) If we start a set, we finish it. I don't want incomplete sets.

4) The sets are character locked, variation locked. This way it will be easier to discuss and analyze the matchups.

5) When you decide to play you agree to have the matches uploaded. Doesn't matter if you beat me 10-0 or lose 10-0, I will post them here anyway.

I hope someone takes the challenge, The Cage match begins!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set 1 :

Set 2 :

Set 3:

Set 4:

Last edited:

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I'm game, Phosferrax plays A-List quite a bit so would be good to play the match vs someone else.

PSN is vJayTB123v

When you thinking of doing this?

Asodimazze

I love me a challenge, how do I sign up/get involved in the challenge ?
Just tell me your PSN ID, the character/variation you play, and when you want to do the challenge.
Also...FT 5 or FT 10?

I'm game, Phosferrax plays A-List quite a bit so would be good to play the match vs someone else.

PSN is vJayTB123v

When you thinking of doing this?
I can be online in 30-40 minutes if you want.
What character/variation do you want to play? FT5 or FT10?

I also want to add that after the set will be uploaded, some kind of comment about it would be ok. Sharing tips for the matchups or other constructive inputs is always useful.

JTB123

Just tell me your PSN ID, the character/variation you play, and when you want to do the challenge.
Also...FT 5 or FT 10?

I can be online in 30-40 minutes if you want.
What character/variation do you want to play? FT5 or FT10?

I also want to add that after the set will be uploaded, some kind of comment about it would be ok. Sharing tips for the matchups or other constructive inputs is always useful.
Cool I'll still be up then, will have time for a FT5. I've played the match a fair amount so if there's anything big I can comment on I will.

I main HF Scorpion.

PlateOfWater

Aaaaaarrfff
Also...FT 5 or FT 10?.
PSN: PlateOfWater
Character Var: Stunt Double
Availability: I'm available in an hour if you're up for it. Just watching Ouija.

Also, the length of match if your personal preference, I'm easy with whatever trevor

JTB123

Just played @Asodimazze and we had a great connection, felt very smooth. GG's man, your A-list Cage is on point. Looking forward to getting more sets in :D

Asodimazze

Just played @Asodimazze and we had a great connection, felt very smooth. GG's man, your A-list Cage is on point. Looking forward to getting more sets in :D
Thanks JTB, your Scorpion is great too. We will surely play again.
I am just a bit ashamed about the d4 punish I did 2 or 3 times while I could go big lol but I guess anyone commits these mistakes sometimes :p

PSN: PlateOfWater
Character Var: Stunt Double
Availability: I'm available in an hour if you're up for it. Just watching Ouija.

Also, the length of match if your personal preference, I'm easy with whatever trevor
I'm up for a FT5 later this night or tomorrow around this time. How is it for you?
Can't play now because uploading my set against JTB requires 2 hours, and I think we would have a ton of lag in the meantime.

PlateOfWater

Aaaaaarrfff
I'm up for a FT5 later this night or tomorrow around this time. How is it for you?
Can't play now because uploading my set against JTB requires 2 hours, and I think we would have a ton of lag in the meantime.
I'm up for it in 2 hours but if things change, I'll let you know but I'll be ready !

Asodimazze

Let's do one of dualist-cage again.
This will be so though, you are unfair Dualist is broken ;) Jk
I'm very interested in your tips and inputs after our set, got to explore this matchup more.

He pays for his own funeral.I accept, I'm back from holiday Monday so how about Monday evening we play?

PS my connection is wired.
Dreadknight what character/variation do you use? FT5 or FT10? I am not sure about Monday...I believe I'll be able to play around this time probably. Surely not in the early evening. How is it for you?
My connection is wired too, we should not have many problems.

Asodimazze

Here is the set against @JTB123 . For some reason the first 10 seconds are missing lol but it shouldn't matter too much:

My title for this set would be: "d4 punish and weird ideas".
Any kind of constructive input is appreciated.

After watching the replays, except for some execution error (expecially in the last 2 games) and three d4 punishes (lol) it was a good set and I'm satisfied overall.

I have a few tips :

1) I think against A-List you could try to use armor a bit more, it's risky but this choice alone would make the Johnny player think more when applying pressure, maybe give you more breath too.

2) Not sure about this, but can you use teleport EX on reaction to my forceball? I tried to bait your teleport using df2 often but I am not sure that it was a good idea.

3) After 113 on block you should try to armor or counterpoke. It's true that Johnny is at +2 in theory, but the reality is that a few frames get lost due to non perfect execution (even the best player won't get +2 everytime after 113SKRC) so trying to answer with something is a good idea.

Aside from that, you made some great whiff punishes and I think the game was played in the right way. Taking your space from Cage and waiting for a mistake is probably a good idea; If I want to be on the offensive and cover the space between us I end up spending some stamina and that hurts for my eventual pressure.

GGs!

Last edited:

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Dreadknight what character/variation do you use? FT5 or FT10? I am not sure about Monday...I believe I'll be able to play around this time probably. Surely not in the early evening. How is it for you?
My connection is wired too, we should not have many problems.
Thunder God Raiden,and I'm back from holiday Monday afternoonish but Monday evening is the soonest I can play you,any time in that week is probably ok but the closer to next weekend it is the less likely I am to be free.ft10 if possible btw

JTB123

Thanks @Asodimazze, I appreciate the input.

One real bad habit of mine is crumbling under pressure, when someone gets in I tend not to analyse the situation and just panic.

I can EX tele forceball but I have to be on point, most projectiles recover faster than people think and if you block it that's a bar wasted so you have to pick your moments. Cages projectiles are annoying good lol

Really good set though man, we definitely need to get more in.