What's new

Brutality - June 2015

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org

Brutality continues! The goal of the Brutality series is to help our scene improve and showcase our personalities and talent in the game Mortal Kombat X!

VENUE
$5 - All Night Entry to Arcade Legacy

Arcade Legacy
662 Cincinnati Mills Dr, Cincinnati, Ohio 45240

GAMES
MKX - PS4 - $5 Entry
KI - XBONE - $5 Entry
Second Chance MKX - $2 Entry

SCHEDULE
7:30pm - MKX / KI
10:00pm - Second Chance MKX

This is a BYOC event (Bring Your Own Controller). There are no guarantees that Arcade Legacy, PowerUp, or other players will provide you with controllers.

All players will be responsible for deleting Bluetooth devices from the PS4 that they are to play a tournament match on.

Click here to go to the Brutality - June 2015 Facebook Event page!

STREAM
www.twitch.tv/arcadelegacy

The stream will show exclusively MKX.

PRIZES
MKX
1st Place - $15
2nd Place - $10
3rd Place - $5
4th Place - $5

One random player who enters MKX and places 7th or below will receive free entry to the next Brutality event (a $5 value, cannot be turned into cash or credit). The same person may not win consecutively. The winner of Second Chance will not be eligible to win this $5.

SECOND CHANCE
At 10pm, we will hold a special, single elimination, best 3/5 tournament for any players who have been eliminated from the previous MKX bracket. There is a $2 fee to participate, and first place will receive $5 out of my pocket. All $2 fees will got the charity I have chosen for this season: Child's Play. Donations will be taken up until the conclusion of Brutality - July, and then a new charity will be selected for the next season of Brutality events (Aug-Nov).

POWER RANKINGS
Players who enter MKX will earn ranking points based on their performance. The top 5 ranked players will be invited to compete in a Championship Round Robin during Brutality - July. There will be prizes, and details are TBA.

There will be a normal MKX bracket during Brutality - July, and the power rankings will be reset.

Players will be seeded in all Brutality MKX brackets according to their power ranking. Players without a power ranking will be seeded as having zero ranking points.

CURRENT POWER RANKINGS
Action Jackson - 16pts
MKLEGEND - 14pts
Red Cyclone - 12pts
Unlucky Charmz - 11pts
Bad News Brendon - 10
Zubastion - 10
Tylenolz - 8
Kenshinoyo - 6
Sonic Lionheart - 6
Ryuseiken - 5
Nathan S. - 5
Erik O. - 5
Hornett - 4
Rocket Launcher Guy - 4
Arkayne - 3
Tigerzord - 3
VGM Tha Vagabond - 3
Buncha Malarky - 2
Bumpy Face - 2
Willdog - 2
General Alistair - 2
Venom's Wrath - 2
CRAIG!!! - 1
Grand Puba - 1
Mratomicbk - 1
Smitty - 1
Wysocereal - 1
Skylar - 1
Nick da Jedi - 1
Lion's Eye - 1
JoneZ - 1
AmpGamer - 1
Combot - 1
Skcorpion86 - 1
Soul Weaver - 1
Jeremiah S. - 1
MPII The Ronin - 1
Wycked Orynge - 1
The Relic - 1
NinjaStewart - 1

RULES
Winner is character and variation locked.

Blind picks are allowed upon player request of the TO.

You may request a coach, who must follow the PowerUp private coaching rules. Follow the link below to the PowerUp Rules Document for more information.

Stage will always be randomly selected. Either single random or double random.

No fatalities on the big screen. The tournament will be up on a giant projector screen, in full view of children. We do not want any parents bringing complaints to our generous venue, Arcade Legacy.

For the complete PowerUp Rules Document, please go to: http://www.powerupfighters.org/p/event-rules.html

@Tim Static

Last edited:
How often do these tournaments happen exactly? I live close (by living in West-by-god-Virginia standards), around 3 hours away. My 2 friends and I would love to make one of these.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
@TrulyAmiracle Brutalities are allowed due to the fact that they sometimes happen without player intention.

@Treadmill The Brutality events happen once every month, and will continue indefinitely! We would love to have you all attend : )

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
@Arkayne You can ask one of them to play you for their spot, if you like. The Top 5 point earners may not all be able to make it to Brutality - July, so if you are still in the area, and do well at Brutality - June, you may have a spot anyway. However, I thought you were gonna be moving out by the start of July; will you be there for Brutality - July?

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
I am very excited to announce a new feature of Brutality events, Second Chance!

Straight from the OP:

SECOND CHANCE
At 10pm, we will hold a special, single elimination, best 3/5 tournament for any players who have been eliminated from the previous MKX bracket. There is a $2 fee to participate, and first place will receive $5 out of my pocket. All $2 fees will got the charity I have chosen for this season: Child's Play. Donations will be taken up until the conclusion of Brutality - July, and then a new charity will be selected for the next season of Brutality events (Aug-Nov).

One of PowerUp's goals as a non-profit endeavor is to generate charitable contributions to worthy causes. Second Chance allows us to do that, and also keep players interested and competing in MKX!

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
@Treadmill We do not allow Fatalities on the big screen projector, which is in full view of the public. Because the projector shows what we are streaming, that does mean that there are to be no Fatalities on stream. Once the content is up on the projector, we are showcasing an M-rated game in a public space, and do not want complaints from the parents of young children. It is solely a precaution to prevent any trouble for our great venue, Arcade Legacy.

That said, Fatalities are not "banned" from the event. On the stations where there is no projector attached, Fatalities are perfectly fine.

@Pterodactyl It is not a matter of extending the match. Fatalities are not allowed on the stream/projector station because of the young children who may see them, and then the parents who may complain to our venue. Brutalities are not always within the player's control, because the player will act in such a way that wins them the match, and may just so happen to fulfill a Brutality requirement. Also, Brutalities happen fast enough so as not to be a spectacle, such as Fatalities are.

If we had the venue all to ourselves for the night, then we would let it all rock. However, we have to tread more carefully when there are chances to expose children to M-rated blood and gore. It is a tough balancing act with no clear right or wrong answers. Thank you both for your feedback.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Episode #81 of the PowerUp Podcast is live! Action Jackson and Kenshinoyo are our guests this time!

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Brutality - June is less than 1 week away! Share the event with your friends, and let's meet our goal of 36 entrants!

Remember, we are playing MKX on PS4 exclusively. And never fear, because if you get knocked out of the bracket early, there is another bracket to enter later. All proceeds from that second bracket will be going to the Child's Play charity, as that is this season's charity of choice!

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
@Osirun

I know you guys usually have viewing parties for Evo at Arcade Legacy. Will you have anything set up for watching the CEO stream during this month's Brutality? I'm just curious.