What's new

SALTY Bradycast - The Alien Outcry & Various Game Balance Thoughts

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Very informative video! Agree with the changes Tom proposed.

Also agree with the fact that the game should be patched before evo, so people can't make money with characters that everybody knows that now are too strong... A good patch before evo would enrich the competition and make it much more fair.

MK_Al

Noob
IMO the game defense system needs to be just as good as offense is, aside from the bullshit, general offense mechanics needs to be toned down starting by jump attacks, advancing strings and safe low profiling d1s, unblocking costing 1 frame etc.
unblocking does not cost one frame. landing a reversal is rewarded by taking a frame off the startup of that reversal.
anyway, I agree on the offence / defense balancing. all jump ins should at least have a gap on block

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
unblocking does not cost one frame. landing a reversal is rewarded by taking a frame off the startup of that reversal.
anyway, I agree on the offence / defense balancing. all jump ins should at least have a gap on block
You can't punish minus moves with matching startup normals, it should be be possible, but in MKX its not. if you have a -7 move blocked, you can't punish with a 7f normal.

MK_Al

Noob
You can't punish minus moves with matching startup normals, it should be be possible, but in MKX its not. if you have a -7 move blocked, you can't punish with a 7f normal.
that's because 7f startup means the move will be active on the 8th frame. it's a definition thing. so in your example your button will be active the same frame your oponent can start blocking. if your reversal has seven f startup it will actually become active on the 7th frame

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
IMO the game defense system needs to be just as good as offense is, aside from the bullshit, general offense mechanics needs to be toned down starting by jump attacks, advancing strings and safe low profiling d1s, unblocking costing 1 frame etc.
I don't need for defense to be as good as offense but at least let aas actually anti air jumping attacks.
Make block breaker 1/3 bars of meter.
Fix whiffing issues all across the board.
Buff back dashes.
Give advancing whiffed strings more recovery and game will be balanced.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't need for defense to be as good as offense but at least let aas actually anti air jumping attacks.
Make block breaker 1/3 bars of meter.
Fix whiffing issues all across the board.
Buff back dashes.
Give advancing whiffed strings more recovery and game will be balanced.
what you stated is making defense more rewarding my friend, in sum we talked the same thing.

The other weird logic here is characters with round starting reaching normals being among the best walkspeeds in the game either forward backwards and better runspeed too, i'm like "wtf"

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
you're counting 1f off execution.

In MK9 we could punish -13 moves with matching 13f normals counting added execution, which should be 1 frame longer but it wasn't.
In game frame data for MKX is true startup, not execution like mk9 frame data.

The game frame data does not have first active frame included in startup.

@MK_Al posts are correct.

Wigy

There it is...
Agree.

Too many mindless tools.

The second i start loosing with takeda i go for HTB, its genuinely cheesed my way past many players who are objectively better.

Only reason i took the occasional game off @ismael4790

Alien's string should hit mid mid mid or have a gap somewhere.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Agree.

Too many mindless tools.

The second i start loosing with takeda i go for HTB, its genuinely cheesed my way past many players who are objectively better.

Inb4 "says the alist main lmfao lulz"

MK_Al

Noob
you're counting 1f off execution.

In MK9 we could punish -13 moves with matching 13f normals counting added execution, which should be 1 frame longer but it wasn't.
well, that's the explanation dizzy gave some months ago, and it makes more sense to me than the unblocking frame theory. but of course i'm no dev so I can't say for 100% that this is correct

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Good post. The only thing I disagree with is making Sonya's grenades vanish when she's hit. I feel like that's a HUGE part of her defensive game. When Sonya has zero grenades, her defense is basically nonexistent unless she has meter. That's like saying Special Forces's drone should disappear when she's hit.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
well, that's the explanation dizzy gave some months ago, and it makes more sense to me than the unblocking frame theory. but of course i'm no dev so I can't say for 100% that this is correct
its correct, it explains clearly why hasn't been working, well its kinda deceiving if you ask me, having to add 1 frame to every single move displayed in the frame data execution wise.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Agree.

Too many mindless tools.

You are a good player man, I'm sure you will prove you truly like Takeda if they remove his htb and you keep using the character.
I know that maaany players will drop him, even when he is a very solid character without it.

I also think that Alien string Tom showed is stupid af, should be all mid.

jmt

Noob
Good post. The only thing I disagree with is making Sonya's grenades vanish when she's hit. I feel like that's a HUGE part of her defensive game. When Sonya has zero grenades, her defense is basically nonexistent unless she has meter. That's like saying Special Forces's drone should disappear when she's hit.
I haven't listened to it yet, but if he actually thinks that he is clueless. Worst idea ever. Wow some of these posts are so bad.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
@Tom Brady . You left out block stun. It's hilarious when you block correctly and your opponent is -13 and you cant punish with a 9 frame jab because the character has 12 frames of block stun before he becomes -13.

Silliest thing in the game.

Can you better explain this concept?