What's new

Born On a Monday -- Solomon Grundy General Discussion/QA/Combo Thread

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
3 meter death on any stage , builds back a bar
cornered : bf 3MB , 113 , d2 , db2 MB , ji3 , d2 bf 3 MB , 1b2 , health trait first part does 43 % second part 57% :cool:
just to save me triple posting / ji3 ,113, d2 db2 MB works in the corner , with j2 b1 added at the end it does 32% , compared to 30% if you do ji3 ,d2, 11 db2 MB j2 b1

Last edited:
3 meter death on any stage , builds back a bar
cornered : bf 3MB , 113 , d2 , db2 MB , ji3 , d2 bf 3 MB , 1b2 , health trait first part does 43 % second part 57% :cool:
just to save me triple posting / ji3 ,113, d2 db2 MB works in the corner , with j2 b1 added at the end it does 32% , compared to 30% if you do ji3 ,d2, 11 db2 MB j2 b1
I cant seem to land the d2 after the 113 off the wallbounce. How tight is that window there?

fr stack

having some fun with my new tech : ji3 d2 , 1 db2 MB , dash , b3 , dash , d2 reverse WCC , f13 , 11 BGB , b3 , ji3 , d2 db2 MB , dash , nj2 b1 , health trait 29% +38% + 31% = 98%

KingOko

Was it good for you?
having some fun with my new tech : ji3 d2 , 1 db2 MB , dash , b3 , dash , d2 reverse WCC , f13 , 11 BGB , b3 , ji3 , d2 db2 MB , dash , nj2 b1 , health trait 29% +38% + 31% = 98%
The possibilities after the dash d2 sound good. I'm going to test tomorrow but if they land next to you in a hard knockdown after the dash that switches up sides...sounds like f1, b1, WWC and mb f3s galore.

The combo seems nice too. Dude above me makes me think it has tight timing but we will see tomorrow.

There's a lot of stuff I want to talk about with Grundy and I want to start a new thread with my findings and get a good amount of Grundy info out there before evo. It's no new combos or anything but its more of strategies and setups I guess.

I fell like a Grundy can make top 8 but we got to start gettin info out and coming up with 50/50 HKD setups. Tomorrow ill post.

fr stack

I was following until

so, I d2 while I've dashed under, so assuming I started on the left, I'll then input my WCC as ><3v> and reorient from there?
after the back 3 do dash WC if you do the WC right you will go through them then its just a reverse cancel to keep pressure

fr stack

The possibilities after the dash d2 sound good. I'm going to test tomorrow but if they land next to you in a hard knockdown after the dash that switches up sides...sounds like f1, b1, WWC and mb f3s galore.

The combo seems nice too. Dude above me makes me think it has tight timing but we will see tomorrow.

There's a lot of stuff I want to talk about with Grundy and I want to start a new thread with my findings and get a good amount of Grundy info out there before evo. It's no new combos or anything but its more of strategies and setups I guess.

I fell like a Grundy can make top 8 but we got to start gettin info out and coming up with 50/50 HKD setups. Tomorrow ill post.
i just think its controller dependent my hands are too big for the ps2 pad so ive been struggling getting it but i know if i was using my old pad id have it down all ready , if you can dash forwards into d2 reverse WCC u can do this tech

fr stack

just a little set up from a d2 its hard to land for some reason though i think
d2 , 1 db2 MB, dash b3 , dash f3 . this lands them at your feet , also if you do a WCC into neutral jump from this set up it reverses wake ups , recommend using jump 1 as the other two jump attacks can whiff
or you have enough time to grave rot and low, overhead, grab, WC .

KingOko

Was it good for you?
just a little set up from a d2 its hard to land for some reason though i think
d2 , 1 db2 MB, dash b3 , dash f3 . this lands them at your feet , also if you do a WCC into neutral jump from this set up it reverses wake ups , recommend using jump 1 as the other two jump attacks can whiff
or you have enough time to grave rot and low, overhead, grab, WC .

Nice imma hit the lab. I was experimenting and in the corner if you do f3, f3 you can cause a quick stand. im pretty sure that is know but the timing seems really fussy. but it looks like a great way to catch someone off guard.

fr stack

Nice imma hit the lab. I was experimenting and in the corner if you do f3, f3 you can cause a quick stand. im pretty sure that is know but the timing seems really fussy. but it looks like a great way to catch someone off guard.
yeah u hit the second f3 as late as possible , i like to do the second f3 right away so they are on the ground for longer cause grundys normals are so slow

Gruff757

The Gruff
So yeah.....haven't been here or on Injustice since October......

hiatus over.

BTW Not even Grundy's story in the comics is this damn Gloomy.

fr stack

so after an air throw theres some nice little tech basically dont cancel your dash into anything and it will cross up heres an example
f13 df1 , dash (hold forward) ji2 -non cross up
f13 df1 , dash (release d-pad) ji2 - cross up
:)

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
so after an air throw theres some nice little tech basically dont cancel your dash into anything and it will cross up heres an example
f13 df1 , dash (hold forward) ji2 -non cross up
f13 df1 , dash (release d-pad) ji2 - cross up
:)
Soooo I've been doing this for like ever now. Plus Grundy's jump attacks are punishable lol

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Hey guys so idk if anyone else does this but I've been getting a lot of people with this. In the corner of any stage where you don't transition, this is a good gimmick for people who want to clash. If you hit someone with a MBSH, go f3, b3. Grundy's b3 is so positive you can still hit them after b3. I've been doing : 112 mbsh, f3, b3 air grab

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Hey guys so idk if anyone else does this but I've been getting a lot of people with this. In the corner of any stage where you don't transition, this is a good gimmick for people who want to clash. If you hit someone with a MBSH, go f3, b3. Grundy's b3 is so positive you can still hit them after b3. I've been doing : 112 mbsh, f3, b3 air grab
that sounds good... I'm gonna lab it fast. Been off IGAU for a little while, trying to get back in the swing of it all

fr stack

could be useful at some point , b3 dash , b3 air throw works midscreen , if done right they go behind you after the second b3 . let go of your pad after the dash then press b3 otherwise he doesnt do a full dash

fr stack

grundy death reset (sorta)!
ji2 b1 db3 MB , 112 bf2 MB , f13 BGB , b3 , dash b1 db2 MB , db3 , b1 WCC , health trait MB .
first part says 60% second says 40% , but there is still a pixel left :confused:

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
So idk if anyone does grundy's TOD combo but here it is:

Grundy in the corner- MBWC, 1b2 MBDA, DA, d2 MBSH, MBGR, b1, power trait.

Does 106%. Really good for when you're down by a lot.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I assume you replace GR[MB], b1, power trait with something like j2, b1, health trait if you go for 3 bars variation?