What's new

Borderlands The Pre Sequel Discussion Thread

Yoaks

A spaceman
I have to say the final boss is one of the best boss designs they have had in a while. Was interesting and from what I could tell there was no way to cheese him.

That being said I wrecked him in under 2 minutes. Pirate ship mode 1, Final boss 0

I spoke too soon lol. Now its even better.
So you ready for tvhm?

Anbu

AnbuSasukePro/KHAOTIC_ANBUx
After getting Athena to lvl 50 I have to say she is either the best character or second best. She has great damage with both her Xiphos tree (bleed is amazing) and her elemental tree which allows you to do INSANE amounts of damage. She also has great defensive options with her sheild which grants you 100% damage resistance everywhere in front of you plus you can regen health and shield at the same time if you spec correctly.

All around my favorite Borderlands character to date.

Yoaks

A spaceman
These 2 videos are class builds from Admiral Bahroo.
I'm posting these because 1) This thread is on life support 2) I think these 2 videos will help with people who are playing Wilhelm and Nisha.
To note: He doesn't say these are the best builds for these characters. Rather these builds work the best for him. lol While watching they seem to be pretty powerful.

He also has videos on where to find/obtain items in game and leaked info. Like the up-coming 5th character!

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Nisha + Showtime + laser = Death. Everywhere.
How do you feel about her right skill tree? I want to say its called The Riflewoman. Its currently my primary tree and i wanted another Nisha player's thoughts

E

Eldriken

How do you feel about her right skill tree? I want to say its called The Riflewoman. Its currently my primary tree and i wanted another Nisha player's thoughts
Um, I believe that's the other tree I spec into since my middle tree (Lawbringer I think?) is where I want it to be. I don't have an opinion on it as far as it being my main spec goes, however. It does suit her middle tree rather well, however.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i was going to pick this up but i will unfortunately never feel the same way for any borderlands as i did for BL1.

E

Eldriken

is this game worth buying? bl1 lvls of good? ive heard it has many issues.
I'd give it a rent if you're able to do that. What with varying opinions and all that, someone's response may not favor how you wind up feeling about the game.

I personally enjoyed the hell out of it and I loved the first one.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
is this game worth buying? bl1 lvls of good? ive heard it has many issues.
Its borderlands with zero gravity. There arent any issues that weren't already there in the other games.

Edit: some of the characters suck though. Pickle and springs are super annoying.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

No way. Scooter is played out, man. Jenny is new and has history we don't know about. I liked all of her missions, man.
Agree to disagree, Scooter is still hilarious.

Ill concede springs isnt as bad as Pickle. Fuck that kid.

Zoidberg747

Handsome Jack Doppelganger Rundown for those interested:

Skill: Expendable Assets
Summons two holographic versions of himself(think Handsome Jack boss fight in BL2). If they die they respawn next to you. You can also press LB to cancel early and get a shorter cooldown. The holograms fire the shocky things from their wrists that Jack does in the beginning of the game.

Skill tree 1: Hero of this Story
Focuses mainly on upgrades for the digi-jacks. End game is the first digi-Jack is a badass and the ones after have a chance of being badasses. Also a lot of upgrades for you and your digi-jacks, including increased health, fire rate, etc. Also has one skill called "Inspire" where Jack shares his "words of wisdom" every few minutes. This is more than likely hilarious.

Skill tree 2: Greater Good
Very stack based tree. There are certain stacks for digi-Jack's dying, getting kills, etc. For those who don't know, stack abilities give bonuses that get bigger as you accumulate more stacks. The end game for this one is a digi-Jack dying grants you second wind(i.e it will be almost impossible to die when you're ability is activated).

Skill Tree 3: All about guns. Has a bunch to do with weapon swapping, like it being faster and getting increased fire rate every swap. The end game is your gun you swapped to gets a bonus based on the gun you swapped it out for:
Dahl- 50% recoil reduction
Hyperion- 30% more accuracy
Jakobs- 30% more weapon damage
Maliwan: 25% elemental damage increase
Scav- 35% bigger magazine size
Tediore- Reload Speed up 35%
Torgue- 25% more explosive damage
Vladof- 35% increase in fire rate

Miscellaneous:
Dialogue between Jack and his doppelganger is hilarious(he develops a crush on himself basically)
Actual doppelganger dialogue is pretty funny too
He is free if you bought the season pack.

Thats all I got right now, im still working on my first TVHM with Claptrap so it might be a while before I dig deep into Jack's skill trees. Right now im looking at going with the one focused on digi-jacks though, as I think summoning badasses would be tight.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Any Steam players? Just grabbed this on the sale, I think this is the first BL game where I want to try all of the characters, went with Nisha because I have a hard-on for Westerns